Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Chain restaurants have successfully gotten people their correct orders for decades by calling the order and an order's number. My name is not necessary. I don't go to fast food places anymore, but when I did, Mcdonalds never asked for my name.

And yes, sometimes I forget to use my aliases.

They do now sometimes. They are trying to become starbucky

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Yeah, because giving the right person the right order is none of their business

I can see myself taking time in line, thinking up a great alias then either a) forgetting to use it when I order, and just saying "Randy" or B) using it to order then forgetting it immediately so that I don't notice when they call out "Sir Edward Cardboard"

I give them names of fantasy characters all the time.

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Huge coffee fan and I don't necessarily get the issue with giving your name...unless of course you are hiding from people...then I completely understand.

It's just fun to have them looking for Hugh Janus.....

• Like 5

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

It's just fun to have them looking for Hugh Janus.....

Lol sorry, I don't understand giving them an alias just cause you dont wanna give your name.

I completely understand using a ridiculous alias for shits and giggles

• Like 1

We had a sign up in the apartment gym for the longest time reminding people that there was no spitting allowed...... not the accidental, I',m breathing hard spit, the problem was asshole hocking loogies into the corners. It was disgusting.

That is absolutely minging...

I have given up giving our last name when waiting for seating at a restaurant. It's a somewhat common name but the person writing it down gets it wrong every time. It's like if our name was Leonard, we'd hear Beonard or Teonard or Veonard. Now I give them my husband's first name instead because it sounds more like a last name than mine does and because I don't like false familiarity (though apparently I don't mind subjecting my husband to it.)

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Yeah, because giving the right person the right order is none of their business

I can see myself taking time in line, thinking up a great alias then either a) forgetting to use it when I order, and just saying "Randy" or B) using it to order then forgetting it immediately so that I don't notice when they call out "Sir Edward Cardboard"

Hugh Jass?

True, we're all just numbers anyway ... Just 1s and 0s

Next time take the red pill.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I have given up giving our last name when waiting for seating at a restaurant. It's a somewhat common name but the person writing it down gets it wrong every time. It's like if our name was Leonard, we'd hear Beonard or Teonard or Veonard. Now I give them my husband's first name instead because it sounds more like a last name than mine does and because I don't like false familiarity (though apparently I don't mind subjecting my husband to it.)

You would be amazed how many people mess up Wildman

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Try Subhakijpisaan... That's mah last name in a slightly alternated spelling.

• Like 1

Try Subhakijpisaan... That's mah last name in a slightly alternated spelling.

My parents isn't quite as bad as yours, but I have had stores accept that a card is mine or I have permission to use it because I could spell the name on it.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My parents isn't quite as bad as yours, but I have had stores accept that a card is mine or I have permission to use it because I could spell the name on it.

They let me use mine if I can pronounce my first and last name together without stuttering. And yep, it's my parent's fault. My dad created his own last name. You know what my dad's previous last name was?

Taan.

My dad created his own last name. You know what my dad's previous last name was?

Taan.

Lol.

My maiden name was Hershey. People still had problems with it. My 10th English teacher called me Miss Hersey until I exasperatedly told him it sound like two female pronouns. Her She.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I was in the gym the other day and saw a guy doing full on Bro-Curls:

'curl weight...look in direction of arm that's curling'

I didn't think that was a real thing!

How else is he supposed to know he's doing curls???

Lol but forreal though....that's how I usually do heavy DB curls

• Like 2

How? Hershey bar!

Y'know, Hershey PA; The Sweetest Place on Earth

I love me some Hershey Park.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I was in the gym the other day and saw a guy doing full on Bro-Curls:

'curl weight...look in direction of arm that's curling'

I didn't think that was a real thing!

How else is he supposed to know he's doing curls???

Lol but forreal though....that's how I usually do heavy DB curls

I've seen this.....not a lot, but enough to wonder if there's a physical reason that it's done.  (i.e. not vanity)  That somehow turning the head in that direction engages the upper back and shoulders/neck to make the curl easier, or some weird crap like that. 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I've seen this.....not a lot, but enough to wonder if there's a physical reason that it's done.  (i.e. not vanity)  That somehow turning the head in that direction engages the upper back and shoulders/neck to make the curl easier, or some weird crap like that. 

Haha I STRONGLY doubt that. I don't think I do it for vanity reasons.  I have like absolutely no mind-muscle connection...whatsoever, so looking at my biceps when I'm curling helps me focus on getting a good squeeze.  I also will look in the mirror while doing cable pushdowns for my triceps for the same reasoning.

• Like 3

Haha I STRONGLY doubt that. I don't think I do it for vanity reasons.  I have like absolutely no mind-muscle connection...whatsoever, so looking at my biceps when I'm curling helps me focus on getting a good squeeze.  I also will look in the mirror while doing cable pushdowns for my triceps for the same reasoning.

After trying to turn around and do my squats facing away from the mirror (So I don't face plant into the mirror should I fall forward)... this makes sense.

• Like 1

My first challenge

After trying to turn around and do my squats facing away from the mirror (So I don't face plant into the mirror should I fall forward)... this makes sense.

If I was falling forward doing squats, the last thing I'd care about would be the mirror.  lol.  I'd be more concerned about the heavy ass bar across my neck.......

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

If I was falling forward doing squats, the last thing I'd care about would be the mirror.  lol.  I'd be more concerned about the heavy ass bar across my neck.......

The way it's set up, falling face first into the mirror would be accompanied by the heavy bar on the back of my neck. My face would stop, the bar wouldn't.

Turning around would allow me to fall forward, with the bar being caught by the cage and me continuing on.

• Like 1

My first challenge

I have no mind muscle connection to any muscle on my back. I need a very flexible neck!