Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Nice!!  Those are really good.  $130 is a bit rich for me at the moment, but I'll definitely be keeping them in mind.  

Honestly, well worth the money if you can save up for them.  Not only do they sound good, the things survived 1) being left out in my driveway in the dirt for at a weeks (lost them, gave up searching, neighbor found them) and 2) being thrown through the washer and dryer in my pants pocket.  You'd think these things were invented by Nintendo, they rival the ability to survive better than a gameboy.

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Pantera is on the "light rock" side of what I listen too.

I just want to say this.  Metallica's One is like a 8 minute sex experience.  

Listen to it again, but this time, think a little foreplay, then add a little groping, then back to foreplay as the clothes come off, then start into the main course, then hot and heavy to finish with a breathless euphoria.  

Maybe I just need to get laid...  

I think I need a smoke now. ...

I was thinking a tall glass of whiskey, but same difference.  How did this become a 50 Shades of Gray thread?  Damn, I think I need to go cool down now!

• Like 1

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

*grabs garden hose and starts to chase Lady Aislyn around the gym*

• Like 3

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I think I need a smoke now. ...

I was thinking a tall glass of whiskey, but same difference.  How did this become a 50 Shades of Gray thread?  Damn, I think I need to go cool down now!

An ACTUAL garden hose or are you speaking metaphorically?

in which case, Lady A just might let you catch her

Speaking of the perfect Nerd Fitness gym....http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/63993-the-perfect-nf-gym/

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

It's the new weight loss craze that's sweeping the country: "Fifty Shades of Fitness"!

Some of the equipment is even eerily convertable.....

• Like 3

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Well that just changed how I look at all the machines at my gym, and the women that work out on them...

I'll start with exhibit A:

hamstring-leg-curl.jpg

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

• Like 3

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

An ACTUAL garden hose or are you speaking metaphorically?

in which case, Lady A just might let you catch her

Ha!  Just got back from my lunchtime walk & it's 85+ in ATL today, so I'll take the literal one.  Good Lord, y'all have made my day interesting!

• Like 2

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

SO ummm I may have just commited a boo boo....... I APPLIED TO PLANET FITNESS!!!!! On the one hand I hope I get the job because I would be working in a gym which is what I ultimatly want to do (as in training and managing) But on the other hand it is Planet Fitness and I DESPISE planet fitness and their dumb lunk alarm.....I refuse to use the lunk alarm.....

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

That one I already looked at wrong... after some awkward eye contact with a guy that was using it, there was no other way to look at it.

The leg curls, our machine has you bend your legs down, though that could still be fun... and the glute bridges are a new one...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

SO ummm I may have just commited a boo boo....... I APPLIED TO PLANET FITNESS!!!!! On the one hand I hope I get the job because I would be working in a gym which is what I ultimatly want to do (as in training and managing) But on the other hand it is Planet Fitness and I DESPISE planet fitness and their dumb lunk alarm.....I refuse to use the lunk alarm.....

Maybe you can be the change from within... :-)

• Like 5

My first challenge

Hey, any gym experience is better than none!  Whenever I interview & hire on new staff it's always a plus if they've worked at other gyms before (the one I work at is ranked as one of the top gyms in the country - we regularly get celebrities who come through when they're in town filming).

*puts hose away, runs out for coffee and plops down to interview with Lady Aislyn*

where do you live/work?

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Exhibit C: Glute Bridges.

Eye contact is key

7bi68.gif

• Like 6

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

*puts hose away, runs out for coffee and plops down to interview with Lady Aislyn*

where do you live/work?

In Atlanta.  The main gym I currently work for is Georgia Institute of Technology's gym - yes, technically it's a collegiate gym (so it's only open to students/faculty/alumni) but anyone can work there as a trainer or instructor, provided they have the right licensure.

Eye contact is key

7bi68.gif

Eye contct always makes it more effective.

• Like 1

Guys... remember a few days ago I mentioned the army crawl on the treadmill:

Walked into the gym this morning because I forgot my watch up there. Found a notice posted above the treadmills that reads:

Army Crawl competition Rules:

1. as low as you can go

2. get that ass down (name redacted)

3. if you bleed on it, you clean it

4. one at a time

5. clothes are not optional, wear them

6. NO INTERFERENCE

Now I really wish I knew why these rules were necessary. They were NOT up when I left yesterday. I think my military boys took my army crawls idea and are running with it. There's even a score board now, but I don't understand the ranking system yet.

What have I helped create?!?!

• Like 8

I am going into the service (Air force) into the services area (Barracks, Mess Hall, and PT Managment) Hoping that between that, getting my kineseology degree, and a personal trainer degree I'll be abe to go to almost any gym in the country to work

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs