Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

What colour is the sky? It's paratroopers camouflage of course! (never mind that the parachute is highly visible :) )

Joking aside, I just google it and it seems as blue camo is the Navy´s but it's not intended for camouflage, but for regular work on ship (the white uniforms would get dirty so quick). All debates about facts died after the invention of google :tongue:

No, the Navy had blue coveralls for work shifts (dirt, grease, etc).  Then someone decided that everyone else had camo, so they needed their own...

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Haha,

1) Ohh, I have no problems with grunting man, him I can handle. Worse is the "moaning woman" (no offence, I have never heard a man moan yet :) ). At the end of her sets, I think I have entered a badly lit ,errmmm, "movie studio"

2) I have tried the last one (shoulder width feet but arms to the side) and think it´s called snatch-grip deadlift. The other one is news to me too :)

Sidenote: Score, the 2000th reply!

i think the super wide stance and grip in the middle is a sumo style deadlift.....?

just realized this was already answered... by bad :P

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Haha,

1) Ohh, I have no problems with grunting man, him I can handle. Worse is the "moaning woman" (no offence, I have never heard a man moan yet :) ). At the end of her sets, I think I have entered a badly lit ,errmmm, "movie studio"

2) I have tried the last one (shoulder width feet but arms to the side) and think it´s called snatch-grip deadlift. The other one is news to me too :)

Sidenote: Score, the 2000th reply!

I've never heard a woman moan. I must be doing something wrong. Let me Google what it sounds like...

I have heard men moaning- it actually very much sounded like someone having sex- it was weird.

like- really REALLY weird. 

That's awkward.

I'm not really a grunter or a moaner. I growl.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Oooh Can I play?

Why does the Air Force wear cammies?

So they can hide in the bushes until the fight is over....

Navy - Need Any Vaseline Yet?

Army - Airforce rejected me yesterday

Ahh... I miss those days. :-)

Marine:

Muscles A Requirement, Intelligence Not Essential

• Like 1

Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

• Like 2

Marine:

Muscles A Requirement, Intelligence Not Essential

Depends on your MOS... in mine, intelligence was essential. :-)

Another one... My ass rides in Navy equipment...

Though... I never did find myself in any Navy gear...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

This wasn't "overheard", but this is another embarrassing and hopefully funny gym story, one of which I hope some people can relate to. 

I went to the gym yesterday and was doing squats. I was doing my warm up set at 60kg (132Ibs). One rep. Two rep... and I feel something. I hear something. The sound was kinda like, a "Boomf" sound.

I split my shorts. The hole was massive. 

So I had to wrap my gym towel around my waist, go home and get some new shorts that were suitable for squatting. 

• Like 3

This wasn't "overheard", but this is another embarrassing and hopefully funny gym story, one of which I hope some people can relate to. 

I went to the gym yesterday and was doing squats. I was doing my warm up set at 60kg (132Ibs). One rep. Two rep... and I feel something. I hear something. The sound was kinda like, a "Boomf" sound.

I split my shorts. The hole was massive. 

So I had to wrap my gym towel around my waist, go home and get some new shorts that were suitable for squatting. 

I have now split 3 pairs of pants in my lifetime.

Dat booty though.

• Like 3

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I made the mistake of wearing boxers that were too tight last night. Pushing my max on the deadlift, and ripped them to shreds. Luckily, the shorts survived, so I could keep going.

But I felt like Hulk Hogan in my pants. (do not take out of context, unless you find it funny to do so)

• Like 3

They told me I could be anything when I grow up, so I became a superhero.

Handbook for Applied Superheroics:

Ch 1 | Ch 2 | Ch 3 | Ch 4

Lmao at these. I've ripped dress pants during a trade show and numerous jeans. But at the gym I always wear compression shorts under gym or bball shorts so thankfully never had that experience while working out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I made the mistake of wearing boxers that were too tight last night. Pushing my max on the deadlift, and ripped them to shreds. Luckily, the shorts survived, so I could keep going.

But I felt like Hulk Hogan in my pants. (do not take out of context, unless you find it funny to do so)

in my opinion anytime you can feel like Hulk Hogan.... you should feel like Hulk Hogan

220px-WWF_NES.PNG3373723_o.gif

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Actually, there are quite a bit of movements that put excessive strain on the knees, so you can't load them much. One of those movements is an improperly performed squat.

A guy last night couldn't do his squats without seriously wrapping his knees and then after each set (of 4-5), he rushed to unwrap his knees and walk around for a couple of minutes before re-wrapping and doing another set. Admittedly, he was squatting 10x45+bar (495) but I think he should back off and save (what's left of) his knees.

Challenge Logs: Current Challenge 3 2 1 Battlelog

Origin of Name:

FN: Julian -> Jules -> Family Jewels -> Family

LN: Rickards = Canadian brand of Beer -> Beer

Call me "FamilyBeer" (or just Jules)

A guy last night couldn't do his squats without seriously wrapping his knees and then after each set (of 4-5), he rushed to unwrap his knees and walk around for a couple of minutes before re-wrapping and doing another set. Admittedly, he was squatting 10x45+bar (495) but I think he should back off and save (what's left of) his knees.

This isn't necessarily any indication of bad knees. Power lifters often use knee wraps to assist with lifts. It allows you to use more weight. Also 495lbs for 5 reps is really impressive.

• Like 1

Yet another embarrassing gym story related to myself. 

I did dead lifts for the first time in five weeks. I'm not very good at dead lifts, it's my weakest lift (my one rep maximum is sadly 140kg - 308Ibs). Anyway, five weeks ago I hurt myself, so I stopped training for a little while and in particular I stopped dead lifting. As of yesterday I decided to try dead lifting again. The last weight I was working with five weeks ago was 120kg (264Ibs), so I decided to try 120kg again. 

I did it reasonably well. Five reps, five sets, good form, felt hard but felt good. 

I also totally farted super loud whilst in my last set. 

• Like 6

I did dead lifts for the first time in five weeks. I'm not very good at dead lifts, it's my weakest lift (my one rep maximum is sadly 140kg - 308Ibs). Anyway, five weeks ago I hurt myself, so I stopped training for a little while and in particular I stopped dead lifting. As of yesterday I decided to try dead lifting again. The last weight I was working with five weeks ago was 120kg (264Ibs), so I decided to try 120kg again.

I did it reasonably well. Five reps, five sets, good form, felt hard but felt good.

Lol I love your stories...Thank you...

• Like 1

Not very good?  Pfffft.  You've got my max beat by 64 pounds.  Sounds like you're pretty good at it to me.  

In honor of the fart, here ya go: 

43764326.jpg

• Like 6

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I fart all the time on squats. I think of it as firing the afterburners.

• Like 5

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

most recently i've overheard a few concerning things, but my favorite as of late is probably, from this huge guy -upper half at least- explaining to another guy why his upper body is so much larger by comparison. "i don't even do legs man. ya see, my legs are big compared to a "normal" person so i don't even have to work em. the chest is what the women go for"

maybe it's just me, but i don't think your forearms should be twice the size of your calves. 

Bro sighting 101... bahaha. maybe we go to the same gym  I see "that" guy all the time.

• Like 1

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford