Forums are back in action! ×

I have about 50 workout buddies

Ok, maybe not 50, but a lot. And of course I have never worked out with them.

I tell people I'll go with them pretty much anytime they want, just say the word, and I'll go. It's boring and frustrating to have that conversation over and over, knowing it's absolutely not going to pan out.

Also, I prefer to workout alone, because I don't want to babysit.... and I stay at the gym a long time, usually.

Hmmmmm, I'm realizing I should probably be more upfront and honest.

Anyone else have a brazilian workout buddies? (See what I did there.....?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

I have people tell me all the time that they would love to go for a run or complete a 5K with me. Never happens. Someone is always "too tired" or "too busy" or "not in the mood". I have come to the realization that I have a lot of lazy friends.

I had one friend I actually enjoyed running with, but we go two completely different paces. I am running at least 5 minutes ahead of her. It also doesnt help that she lives 3 states away, so we only get to run together when she comes to visit.

I love running with my husband, but it is difficult because we have to bring the kids along and we have to take turns running so one of us can keep an eye on the kids. (they are too large for a jogging stroller... plus the terrain I run on isn't exactly jogging stroller friendly).

"resistance is futile."

I think I automatically think, "It's never going to happen" if somebody asks me if I want to do something "sometime." If I really want to do it, I say something like, "What about next weekend? Are you busy?" I think it's much more likely to happen if you try to pin down a date right away. Otherwise, it's really never going to happen. And if you like working out alone, there's nothing wrong with that. If you do want to meet people there for a little while though, just tell them you're going at such and such a time, if they want to join, see you there! Then they can leave whenever they want to and you don't have to feel like you're dragging them into it.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I have three workout buddies that I can count on: my running buddies A & M, and my husband.

A, M and I used to run at 5:30am three days a week, but I got injured and M joined a training group for a half marathon, A runs on her own. We all cheer each other on from afar.

My hubby can't escape me, lol. He has to drag out of bed or listen to me...he's a smart man.

Edited to add: I thought about the waxing at first too. Girl thing?

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

My workouts are generally too weird for workout buddies, although there's a really nice guy that I throw with.

However, I'm thinking there's something in the original post that I'm missing? Brazilian? I do not see what you did there.

A million, jillion, gazillion, brazilian... stupid joke :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Thomas Edison

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

Oh, when I thought you meant Brazillian workout as in Brazillian waxing..as in NOT there! LOL

Go figure, mind always in the gutter...

I never ever had a work out buddy. I love to work out alone, it is my meditation time. That said, in November my daughter asked me to work out with her and I thought--geee, this wont last, then I caught myself and decided to really try. At times, she motivates me and at times I motivate her and so having a positive work out buddy can be a good thing. Sometimes I walk with my husband and we get into heated debate and that takes away from my nature meditation that is part of what I love about walking so I try and sneak out on my own...though, when he came down to workout with us last week before getting flu, you should have seen christina's face...LOL priceless it was like who the heck does he think he is?

If you have people who are into it, great, if not no biggie but I wouldn't stand on pretense or get them to pony up--after all, its up to them to level up their life--you did it, so can they!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Don't tell them you'll go with them whenever they want, tell them when, where and what. Take the ball out of their court.

I workout on my own, and I love it. Though it would be good to have a workout buddy who did the same routine and was at approximatly the same level and who's schedule matched mine. Too many ifs in there, so I just go it alone.

Guess there's a few of us, this gutter is gonna get quite crowded....

Humor fail... ha.

I think I should just keep working out alone. Workout buddies (generally) are to help you get motivated to go to the gym, or work hard once you get there. I don't need that, or want to be that. At least not for halfassed people, anyway.

Thanks everyone, for helping me realize that :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Thomas Edison

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

I have a number of friends that want me to be their workout buddies, but I just don't care to be. I like to workout alone. Just had a conversation all over again yesterday with one of them trying to get me to go running with her. I gave her the same response I always have "I don't like to run. It's not going to happen." With that said, I don't mind a little HIIT, but that is not what she cares to do (and we'd be at completely different paces at that point).

There is only one friend that I would workout with just to spend more time with her, but even then, we wouldn't be working out together. She'd be on the elliptical or in some body pump class, and I'd be at the free weights or somewhere else. Also, I can count my guy friends on one hand, and have no desire to workout with any of them anyway.

There is one exception that I would go for, and that is going with someone to a pool to swim some laps. That would be fine with me because I would consider it more of a "relaxing" workout (plus, I wouldn't have my headphones in trying to ignore any and all sounds around me).

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*