Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

Guest Gemeaux
I get that too, Gem. I think it's pretty natural... especially if you think about the times that were good.... and you really just want someone to snuggle into. *sigh* Guess I'll go rest my head on my office-mate's shoulder... she's leaving me after tomorrow though! *weep*

I'm sorry .

Yeah , I think I just miss having someone around , as much as I enjoy being single . Plus I'm not even interested in anyone at the moment so maybe I need a crush to distract me . Here's a snuggle from me to you *snuggle*

My current ARGH....happening right now: I work in an "open office" (think the TV show The Office, not cubicles). We have a new guy at a desk next to mine. When he eats, he smacks, and currently he is smacking away on cantaloupe!! Time to put the headphones on and listen to music!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I'm sorry .

Yeah , I think I just miss having someone around , as much as I enjoy being single . Plus I'm not even interested in anyone at the moment so maybe I need a crush to distract me . Here's a snuggle from me to you *snuggle*

Awwww *snuggle* Yeah, sometimes you just miss having someone around. I'm pretty happy with my life the way it is at the moment and not really looking for anyone... though crushes are quite fun. I have a gym (CrossFit box) crush.... *drool*

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Guest Gemeaux

I love crushes ! Ooh nice ! I kind of have a crush on a instructor at my gym , they are fun and kind of motivate you at the gym haha . It's great you are happy being single !

My argh : I don't ever want to be with him again , but today for some reason I miss my ex boyfriend .

OMG....I have been missing my ex like CRAZY lately...so weird...we haven't been together for almost 10 years.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Guest Gemeaux
OMG....I have been missing my ex like CRAZY lately...so weird...we haven't been together for almost 10 years.

Aw :( I think it's perfectly fine , they were a big part of our lives at some point , so we will miss them . Anything stir up those feelings ?

No, just been thinking about him. And of course I can't talk to my husband about it :P

But then of course I started listening to all this music that reminds me of him...ARGH! Oh well. I'll get over it. Just need to refocus on my life now instead of living in the past, right? :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

This week I had to fill up the forms for accreditation in the Earth Summit in June, and they asked about my weight. Why in the frigging world the UN needs to know my weight is a mystery to me.

Lied. Put 70 instead of 77kg. Didn't want to admit my real weight in a form. Which is pretty ridiculous, because admitting to 77 means celebrating that I'm not 82 any longer. Still, didn't admit.

Then, boss asked me to fill up his form. OK. I asked his weight. He said '72kg'.

The guy is 22cm (a bit over eight inches) taller than me.

Am annoyed.

Mir - May I suggest a theory... maybe its not so much that you miss your ex in himself, but you miss how he made you feel sometimes. This isn't suggesting that your husband isn't fulfilling your needs, but rather you're wanting to feel a certain moment or event again.

My unasked advice... try something new and fun with the hubby. Its natural to miss things with your ex but don't allow those feelings to hold you in the past. Give yourself a moment to mourn the past then celebrate your future with the wonderful husband you have. Plan a surprise for him, a little gift, a small treat, even breakfast in bed. Trust me, if your husband is any kind of smart he'll be delighted.

Hope this helps.

Go Big or Go Home! Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk.

Wake Your Dreams...

Easter candle light vigil at Church:

After gently chastising my 6 yr old nephew for playing with his candle too vigorously, he arched his eyebrow and told me my candle was on fire. I say "No, really?" then looked down to see my plastic candle holder on fire as well. Fabulous...

Go Big or Go Home! Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk.

Wake Your Dreams...

I hate to burst your bubble, but the whole thing about women liking nice guys later in life is largely a myth, at least in my experience, and the degree to which it *is* true mainly makes things a lot more painful for us.

Sure, as time passes they're more interested in financial security, particularly the ones who have children, but financial security and nice are not synonyms.

I got married when (and was therefore dating up until) I was 31 years old. I was single again, off and on, from ages 35 to 39. For the most part, the same women who weren't interested in me when I was 20 were still not interested in me now. I did date a couple of women who said they were putting the 'bad boy' thing behind them, and remarked how 'nice' I was. They faded away pretty quickly.

They like who they like, and I wasted a bunch of time pining for them to realize how different I was. If I were you, I would concentrate on the women who like your kind of guy now. I think you'll find that there are a lot more of them out there than you think, if you concentrate on them, rather than the ones that chase bad boys.

I am one of the "nice girls" who actually genuinely likes nice guys, and always have. I NEVER went for the bad boys. And you know what? All you nice guys are out trying to save those girls from the bad boys. You never see us. It goes both ways, you just never seem to notice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]The Horror Geek Half Dwarf Adventurer!

My Challenge Thread is here.

I have zombies to outrun! Failure is not an option!

I am one of the "nice girls" who actually genuinely likes nice guys, and always have. I NEVER went for the bad boys. And you know what? All you nice guys are out trying to save those girls from the bad boys. You never see us. It goes both ways, you just never seem to notice.

You know. I'm sure you're right. Twice I broke up with someone because they were ” too nice.” But then, I think I mean that in a different way. Their interests were too vanilla, too mainstream. Did I ignore the kind of 'nice' girls you mean? I don't know. I still think I never met anyone like the incredible women I see on this forum, at least not since I graduated college, and that was a long time ago.

So come on guys, learn from my mistakes? HorrorGeek's probably 100% right. See what's right in front of you.

Ok what is a " nice girl " ?

Well, my definition is a girl that treats her man like an equal - not an accessory, not as a lapdog. Someone who respects her man, not consider him a project to change over. Someone who doesn't demean her man, like tell him how useless he is because he forgot to take out the trash or something.

I guess I just see so many girls wrap a man under their thumb and I wonder why the hell they put up with it. Or that girl in the office that always complains about her man like he's a poorly behaved pet rather than her husband. Or the ones who throw tantrums and demand gifts. I don't get it. There is absolutely no way I could ever treat anyone like that. And yet I've been cheated on or dumped by every guy I treated that way, so apparently the thumb wrapping is preferred. So, single I stay since I'll never learn how to be the other way and live with myself.

Guest Gemeaux

Yes yes and yes . I guess I'm a nice girl then .

And I totally agree , I hate when women bitch about their partners , it's a private thing .

Yet then the women have a cry if their man treats them the same .

Guys know that I'm that nice girl , yet they go for the girl who's the total opposite and makes them unhappy . Maybe it's the same as with women who go go for the bad boys and over look nice men .

Yes yes and yes . I guess I'm a nice girl then .

And I totally agree , I hate when women bitch about their partners , it's a private thing .

Yet then the women have a cry if their man treats them the same .

Guys know that I'm that nice girl , yet they go for the girl who's the total opposite and makes them unhappy . Maybe it's the same as with women who go go for the bad boys and over look nice men .

My point exactly.

I have a friend who is an adorably nice guy. And about every six months or so he gets to complaining about how every girl he's ever met has told him any girl would be lucky to have him, but none of them actually want him and they tell him he's too nice. And every last one of them gravitates to him because he is the guy who would give you the shirt off his back and stand naked in the snow if it meant helping you. And every last one he takes a liking to drains his bank account and them tells him any girl would be lucky to have him, but he's just too nice for her.

After I had seen this rant from him about the 6th time, I flat out told him - the nice girls are sitting at home alone while you go trying to be a knight in shining armour to every bad-boy chaser around. He was forced to admit I was right and swore never to bail out another new girl. But he is a rescuer by nature. He can't help it. So I give him six months before the next one drains him. So sad.

Oh ETA - this nice girl here has had a wee crush on him for years, and he knows. But he has no interest in me that way, and I know this. So I was sort of poking that at him when I said it. And he knew exactly what I meant - there are plenty of nice girls around who would snap him up in a heartbeat, but he seems to only want the others. It's so crazy. I don't get it. Never will.

Ah well.

Well, my definition is a girl that treats her man like an equal - not an accessory, not as a lapdog. Someone who respects her man, not consider him a project to change over. Someone who doesn't demean her man, like tell him how useless he is because he forgot to take out the trash or something.

I guess I just see so many girls wrap a man under their thumb and I wonder why the hell they put up with it. Or that girl in the office that always complains about her man like he's a poorly behaved pet rather than her husband. Or the ones who throw tantrums and demand gifts. I don't get it. There is absolutely no way I could ever treat anyone like that. And yet I've been cheated on or dumped by every guy I treated that way, so apparently the thumb wrapping is preferred. So, single I stay since I'll never learn how to be the other way and live with myself.

Ugh, people who treat others like doormats. Seriously, my sister has a book which essentially teaches that women have to 'educate' men, like they are unintelligent puppies which must be housebroken or something. It's so undignified. Another book uses pseudo-science to reinforce every single sexist stereotype ever, and when I complained about the complete fail that is that book, she rolled her eyes and said something in the lines of 'oh, you just don't get it'. Yet, she's the one who always has boyfriends and dates; I'm the one who's perpetually single. Seriously, this is a crazy world.

Nooooooo! I refuse to believe you. Mir = rocks!

Thanks Lu :) Just having one of those day, ya know? I wish I could have made it another 2 weeks (end of the semester) before having a FAIL day. I'm pretty good at beating myself up :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thanks Lu :) Just having one of those day, ya know? I wish I could have made it another 2 weeks (end of the semester) before having a FAIL day. I'm pretty good at beating myself up :)

I think we're all best at beating our own selves up. And for sure, I know those days. Don't worry, Mir, "this too shall pass." *shnuggles*

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Ugh, people who treat others like doormats. Seriously, my sister has a book which essentially teaches that women have to 'educate' men, like they are unintelligent puppies which must be housebroken or something. It's so undignified. Another book uses pseudo-science to reinforce every single sexist stereotype ever, and when I complained about the complete fail that is that book, she rolled her eyes and said something in the lines of 'oh, you just don't get it'. Yet, she's the one who always has boyfriends and dates; I'm the one who's perpetually single. Seriously, this is a crazy world.

Wait... I don't teach that. And there's... another Book? I'm a complete fail? Which Book am I?

(Sorry, I had to, please ignore me)