Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

My car is leaking oily terribly, after it having already been in the shop. They're talking 8+ hours of labor to fix it (probably a seal on the oil pump, which is 3-4 to get to it, 1-2 to repair it and 3-4 to put everything back in).

Good news though, the shop is refunding me for not having fixed it right the first time.

Also, I think the guy who worked on it the first time is going to get fired.

So I kinda flipped out in class today and cussed a classmate out. Basically the teacher was giving us a last minute assignment. I asked for clarification. The classmate kept making snarky remarks and all sanity went :poof: then I briefly told the kid off. I was told to get out of class.

Now I never lose my temper. And the last time I snapped was maybe 5 years ago. But I did manage to shut the kid up and surprise my classmates. Is it bad that I kinda feel like a bad ass for saying how I felt??

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

No, you're awesome. That punk will think twice before being snarky to a NF member ever again!

My car is leaking oily terribly, after it having already been in the shop. They're talking 8+ hours of labor to fix it (probably a seal on the oil pump, which is 3-4 to get to it, 1-2 to repair it and 3-4 to put everything back in).

Good news though, the shop is refunding me for not having fixed it right the first time.

Also, I think the guy who worked on it the first time is going to get fired.

That sucks that you'll be without your car for a day, but it's awesome the shop is taking the responsibilty and fixing it on their own dime!

Here I sit staring out my office window at beautiful hiking weather, which is going to turn into cold, rain, and mud for the next two weeks and blow the hike I've been looking forward to all week. Sadface.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

I am too busy for nerd fitness :(

People aren't posting stuff to nerd fitness fast enough to keep me entertained. Hitting the "New Posts" button and seeing "Sorry, there are no new posts to view" makes me sad :-(

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

otoh... your new avatar reminds me of kelsey grammar... did i spell his name right...?

HAHA! Not the first time I've heard that, but it's been awhile!

"This is Dr. Frasier Crane wishing you all good mental health."

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

*Le BIG sigh*

I'm trying to pick out clothing for my field uniform for this summer... and I hate how limited my options are. First, Cabela's doesn't have a great selection for women to begin with. Second, that's further limited by the fact that I'm 2XL. Third, our uniform colors are solid blue, gray, and green... and Cabela's seems to think that women want to wear a lot of purple and yellow. And finally, which probably is the most reasonable of these limitations, I have a $175 budget and more than half of that is taken up by a raincoat. The rest of the crew I'll be in the field with is fine - they've been working here for at least two years, already have rain coats, and they're men (so they have more options and better colors), so they can spend money on shirts to their hearts' content. Looks like I'll be wearing the same three shirts A LOT this summer... not that I care that much about being clean...

Ha. Oh, and I expressed my frustration to my most direct supervisor and he was like, "Well I have a hard time because it's hard to find things in tall... blar blar blar." Dude. At least ALL the tall shirts you're looking at come in blue and green... 2/3rds of my plus-size shirts are purple! I didn't say that bit... it wasn't worth getting frustrated with him. *grumble grumble*

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

[...] Looks like I'll be wearing the same three shirts A LOT this summer... not that I care that much about being clean...[...]

For what it's worth, I'm basically voluntarily there. I rotate through the same 2 pair of pants and 3 shirts most every workday. It's actually rather freeing once you get used to it. One less thing to take up your valuable time in the mornings :-)

For what it's worth, I'm basically voluntarily there. I rotate through the same 2 pair of pants and 3 shirts most every workday. It's actually rather freeing once you get used to it. One less thing to take up your valuable time in the mornings :-)

I really don't mind wearing the same clothes over. I have two pairs of jeans that I rotate too. It's just the fact that I'll be working 10-12 hour days in the field and probably getting rather stinky... sometimes it's not so nice to put a stink shirt back on the next day. And we don't have laundry facilities at the field house. Ha... not that I'd actually take the time to do laundry. After we get back from those days, make dinner, and do post-processing work on the computer, usually all I want to do is sleep. Half the time (maybe more like 3/4s of the time) I don't even want to take a shower.... so I don't. When July rolls around, just call me Stinky Lu.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

People aren't posting stuff to nerd fitness fast enough to keep me entertained. Hitting the "New Posts" button and seeing "Sorry, there are no new posts to view" makes me sad :-(

+1. Very sad.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

My I-need-to-get-off-the-internet annoyance for the day: graphics that say "Women think if they lift weights THIS will happen [insert picture of hulked-out 'roid monster] but really THIS is what will happen [insert picture of flatteringly posed, professionally lit, photoshopped fitness model with immaculate hair and makeup]."

Thanks for the attempt at encouragement, social media, but in fact I'm pretty sure my odds of looking like the right side of that graphic are about the same as my odds of looking like the left side.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

There are 40-50 obnoxious middle school students in the library while I'm trying to do my end-of year weeding, inventory, and other library maintenance tasks. At least they sent over one person to supervise them. Yeah. That'll work.

At least the teacher who thought I was going to take her class so she could have planning time got an answer. Sheesh.

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

My little sister is being attacked on Facebook by her ex-boyfriend and his sister because when she moved out of the place she shared with her ex-boyfriend she didn't clean up his mess, too. He keeps posting on every status update she does while on a drive way up North, and now his sister has gotten in on it, accusing my sister of doing the same thing when she lived at her place and that it took her 5 hours to clean an 8x10 room (uh, what?) vacated by my sister. Not likely. I don't always see eye-to-eye w/ my sister, in fact we got in to a fight last night on the phone when she mouthed me off for no reason, but I want to go all She-Hulk on her ex and his sister for being the biggest xxxxxxx in the world.

Rawr! Only I'm allowed to harass my sister!

My little sister is being attacked on Facebook by her ex-boyfriend and his sister because when she moved out of the place she shared with her ex-boyfriend she didn't clean up his mess, too. He keeps posting on every status update she does while on a drive way up North, and now his sister has gotten in on it, accusing my sister of doing the same thing when she lived at her place and that it took her 5 hours to clean an 8x10 room (uh, what?) vacated by my sister. Not likely. I don't always see eye-to-eye w/ my sister, in fact we got in to a fight last night on the phone when she mouthed me off for no reason, but I want to go all She-Hulk on her ex and his sister for being the biggest xxxxxxx in the world.

Rawr! Only I'm allowed to harass my sister!

That sucks, why doesn't she just unfriend him and his sister?

Stories like this make me glad I do not have facebook.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle