Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

At the gym my family and go to they have a great freeweight section. My wife and I are (as far as I can tell, other then some guy I've never seen again)the only ones who use the squat rack for squats. Everyone else uses it for shoulder shrugs or barbell rows. Other than that and the plethora of high school kids who chat more then workout, guys who drop weights (especially the hs kids and their 20# dumbbell curls!) I can't really complain. Except for the fact that my gym now has Crossfit classes and due to scheduling conflicts and kids soccer games, I have yet to attend one class whereas my wife? She's been to THREE!! AAARERGGGHHH

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Yeah, I got this!" -andygates

Got all geared up to ride my bike to work today and 100 yards out realized that my front tire was flat. I have gator skin tires which are supposed to be flat resistant, but are a total pain to change out the tube if they do go flat. So went back, changed to my regular clothes and took the subway. Which of course was packed in like sardines with some woman shoving her huge bag into my back for a good 5 minutes.

Ah well, at least I didn't get the flat in the middle of a ride. That would have been worse

I'm on the missed-workout boat too. Waking up at a quarter to five and not being able to get back to sleep = no gas in the tank for the 5K row. :dispirited:

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

ARGH: I hate buying food from the cafeteria at work because I have no way of measuring how much food this actually is. And I have no idea if 500 calories (or more?!?!) is right for my "regular chicken stir fry" with no rice.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Okay I know that I already had an ARGH today but this one is much worse and I have steam coming out of my ears: 92.56% in IT Security. Instead of rounding it up to a 93% (for an A), he rounded down to a 92% (A-).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Okay I know that I already had an ARGH today but this one is much worse and I have steam coming out of my ears: 92.56% in IT Security. Instead of rounding it up to a 93% (for an A), he rounded down to a 92% (A-).

Sounds like he needs to back to math class to study the rounding of numbers. At exactly 92.5, it is only common convention to round up, but 92.56....round that shit up! ARGH indeed!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Sounds like he needs to back to math class to study the rounding of numbers. At exactly 92.5, it is only common convention to round up, but 92.56....round that shit up! ARGH indeed!

I totes emailed him. If he doesn't change it, I'm going to the next highest authority.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I lost a hairbrush at the gym today. It disappeared - poof! - off the counter while I was blow drying my hair. I turned the dryer on, it was there, I turned it off, it was gone. Mysterious! I don't think anyone stole it, as I was about six inches away and seriously, who would steal a cheap plastic hairbrush?

I must've knocked it into the trash with the wire of the dryer. Only explanation I can think of. Couldn't see it though. Poof!

Luckily, I had a spare.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

i was peeling an orange above my garbage bin on wednesday night and accidentally dropped it in the garbage when it was half-peeled. it was too covered in other garbage for me to feel okay reaching in and taking it out. buh-bye, orange.

#argh

#firstworldproblems

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

My 3rd son is having his Confirmation tomorrow (yay!) which means I'll have 3 boys out of CCD and 2 left to go but it's going to be a while until the last one is done. Anyhoo, why the Argh? I have nothing to wear! I either have dressy clothes that are too big and I look like I'm swimming in them or I have clothes that are a little bit snug and I will look like an oversized sausage. I don't want to buy clothes that will end up fitting now but then be too big down the road. Getting fit? GREAT! Having to buy all new clothes as you progressively lose weight? NOT SO MUCH! ARGH!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Yeah, I got this!" -andygates

My 3rd son is having his Confirmation tomorrow (yay!) which means I'll have 3 boys out of CCD and 2 left to go but it's going to be a while until the last one is done. Anyhoo, why the Argh? I have nothing to wear! I either have dressy clothes that are too big and I look like I'm swimming in them or I have clothes that are a little bit snug and I will look like an oversized sausage. I don't want to buy clothes that will end up fitting now but then be too big down the road. Getting fit? GREAT! Having to buy all new clothes as you progressively lose weight? NOT SO MUCH! ARGH!

Thrift store! That's about all the clothing I'll buy right now... or stuff from cheap places like Ross or Marshall's. Congrats on your son's confirmation!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

There is a female trainer at my gym that I see every now and then with female clients. Literally all she does is explain how to use a treadmill to them then proceed to explain how to use weight machines...I honestly don't understand why these people pay her. There was one lady in the gym today that i overheard talking about how she has shoulder issues, so instead of doing exercises that would help her shoulder get stronger, she has her do more machines. I want to tell these woman that she is doing nothing that deserves their money, but i don't.

ARGH

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

There is a female trainer at my gym that I see every now and then with female clients. Literally all she does is explain how to use a treadmill to them then proceed to explain how to use weight machines...I honestly don't understand why these people pay her. There was one lady in the gym today that i overheard talking about how she has shoulder issues, so instead of doing exercises that would help her shoulder get stronger, she has her do more machines. I want to tell these woman that she is doing nothing that deserves their money, but i don't.

ARGH

Is she actually a trainer there with regular clients? The first gym I was in, the trainers were brilliant and knew what they were talking about - I still keep in contact with a couple on Facebook even though the gym is closed. But for my induction, they gave me this skinny kid who knew nothing about weights AT ALL and told me as much during the tour. Showed me how to do the cardio machines, recommended the weights machines... end.

Maybe she's just showing people around? Hopefully?

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy