Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

When I'm around warring factions, I just refer to it as "soda pop." :D

Good call. As for me, I prefer to get some southern confusion thrown in there....everything is a Coke.

"Would you like a Coke with that?"

- "Yes"

"What flavor?"

- "Ginger Ale"

:-)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Ugh, Kim Mitchell, no thank you.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

Ginger Ale good only as sick pop.

Incorrect! It's also used for sherbet punch.

I admit I totally forgot about sherbert (orange) punch with frozen strawberries. We used to have this at every Thanksgiving/Christmas when I was a kid. Now we just have beer cause no one has new kids kicking around yet.

I live in lower mainland B.C and have never heard someone describe pop as soda unless it was soda water.

I'm pretty sure I'm currently the only person in Vancouver who calls it soda and that's only because I get made fun of for calling it Coke.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

Argh:

BEAUTIFUL weather all day today. Sun shining, warm, birds chirping...

When I got home from my career fair I dug my lounge chair out of the garage and a little side table out of the basement to go sit outside and eat some chicken, have a beer, and possibly do a homework.

As soon as I got everything set up, it started thundering.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Today was a sad day..................My boyfriend of 6 months and I broke up....We weren't seeing eye to eye for the last month, and he was talking to me like I was his sister and not in a good way.. sigh....It's actually a big weight off my shoulders, I have been in relationships for the last three years of my life so it will be nice to get back to myself and be single for a while.. breaking up is still hard though even when you know the relationship is not right.......:neglected:

You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted. -Ruth E. Renkl

Today was a sad day..................My boyfriend of 6 months and I broke up....We weren't seeing eye to eye for the last month, and he was talking to me like I was his sister and not in a good way.. sigh....It's actually a big weight off my shoulders, I have been in relationships for the last three years of my life so it will be nice to get back to myself and be single for a while.. breaking up is still hard though even when you know the relationship is not right.......:neglected:

It is ALWAYS hard to break up. Even if you think it's a mutual thing and won't be a big deal. *hug* And after this initial hard bit is over, you'll feel great! It took the guy I was dating in the fall to break up with me before I could finally get my rear in gear and join CrossFit - WIN. We're here for you, Tiara!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Ginger Ale is great as sick pop, but it's also great with some rum :D

Ginger Beer, with Goslings Dark Rum -- a "dark & stormy." Almost nothing better in the world.

Hey - is rum paleo? It's from sugar cane . . .

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

It is ALWAYS hard to break up. Even if you think it's a mutual thing and won't be a big deal. *hug* And after this initial hard bit is over, you'll feel great! It took the guy I was dating in the fall to break up with me before I could finally get my rear in gear and join CrossFit - WIN. We're here for you, Tiara!

Awwwe thanks soooo much!!! Means a lot

You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted. -Ruth E. Renkl

Ginger Beer, with Goslings Dark Rum -- a "dark & stormy." Almost nothing better in the world.

Hey - is rum paleo? It's from sugar cane . . .

I doubt very highly that rum is paleo... though... sugar cane isn't refined in cane form... I'm sure we could justify this somehow. The only alcohol I've heard of being paleo is tequila. But neither is ginger ale paleo, so it would just have to be a cheat :D

Awwwe thanks soooo much!!! Means a lot

Any time!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Bummer :-( Hang in there and the sad will start to wear off, especially if you knew it wasn't right. Working out is good for picking up my spirits, maybe for you too?

Arrrg--boys. just that.

I am far. far. too impatient. Need to work on that I guess.

New boy, who is a friend, but not yet a boyfriend, is confusing as hell. Every time I think I understand what is going on, it seems to twist somehow, and I am no longer sure. I feel like grabbing him by the collar and saying "would you just make up your mind already?!"...maaaaybe not the best, most romantic way to start something. I will try to be more patient.

Never cheat off the dumb kid.

Arrrg--boys. just that.

I am far. far. too impatient. Need to work on that I guess.

New boy, who is a friend, but not yet a boyfriend, is confusing as hell. Every time I think I understand what is going on, it seems to twist somehow, and I am no longer sure. I feel like grabbing him by the collar and saying "would you just make up your mind already?!"...maaaaybe not the best, most romantic way to start something. I will try to be more patient.

Sadly, I think I've been that guy. Relationships are confusing, and they were awfully intimidating for a while.

Arrrg--boys. just that.

New boy, who is a friend, but not yet a boyfriend...I feel like grabbing him by the collar and saying "would you just make up your mind already?!"

We are a complicated breed, but you ladies put us to shame :-p

A friend, "but not yet a boyfriend"? I see a desire for more on your part, and to be perfectly honest with you, the "would you just make up your mind already?" part is not a bad idea. Should you be patient? IMO, no....but I'll ask you...how long are you willing to be patient? The longer you are willing to be patient, the less of a chance anything will happen and "would you just make up your mind already?" won't do anything at that point. I say...go for it!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

We are a complicated breed, but you ladies put us to shame :-p

A friend, "but not yet a boyfriend"? I see a desire for more on your part, and to be perfectly honest with you, the "would you just make up your mind already?" part is not a bad idea. Should you be patient? IMO, no....but I'll ask you...how long are you willing to be patient? The longer you are willing to be patient, the less of a chance anything will happen and "would you just make up your mind already?" won't do anything at that point. I say...go for it!

Bahahaha, you are no help! See, I gotta get to this zen-like place to just not make and idiot of myself...lol.

I have been crushing on this poor guy since I asked him out on Halloween. We got busy with school and life, so nothing until last Saturday when I asked him out for a beer out of the blue. Things are actually progressing at a normal pace now, I just have no patience. Also, the lingering eye contact thing may cause me to have a damn heart-attack. But to give the guy a break...we have only moved from buddies to tentatively, maybe, sort-of dating for a little under a week.

See? me=impatient.

Never cheat off the dumb kid.