Forums are back in action! ×

Bringing light in my life again

Hi everyone,

im a 25 year old girl from germany. I studied business engeneering without finishing it. The main reason why i faild was that I played too much League of Legends. This august i did a restart and moved to another town. Now I do an apprenticeship as an industrial clerk. The plan is to finish this in two and a half years.

I found Nerd Fitness a few months ago, but wasn't in the mood to devote myself to it. Now  I bought the book and gave it a try.

My other main goal is to learn japanese, to understand the animes I love. I have a membership of Rosetta Stone, which runs out in April 2017. So I have 6 month left and I know it's possible to finish the course in this time with at least an half hour per day. Thats now the 180 day challenge of Rosetta Stone. (Because I was so lazy the first half year of my membership.)

For those who are interested where the name Akari comes from: It's a japanese female name, which means brightness.

My sports goal: In the last year of school we had to run 3 kilometer. Girls got the best grade when they had a time of 13 min or better. (Boys: 12 min) At the moment I cant even run 3 kilometer at once. But it's good to have a goal, right? The good thing is, I dont have to force my self to go out of my room. After 8 hours in an office I am happy to get some fresh air and just run. At the beginning of september I started a simple beginner runner training. Had to stop it a few days ago because I got a bad caugh. But as soon as I am well, I go running again.

The last point on the list: I want to improve my english. So if your ears hurt already from reading this, feel free to correct everything. Btw in school I had chosen french over english. Because of League of Legends I learned to love english and forgot almost everything from french. I like to hear english audiobooks, have no trouble to understand it, but speaking on my own is difficult.

Maybe you can give me some advice about what guild to choose too. In LOL I love to play assassins, but I dont think that class would fit me.

• Like 2

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch

Hi there! I'm Stella, nice to meet'cha!

get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.static.tumblr.com%2F503372557633085193a71115f0fe1c7b%2Fsqeovxx%2FK6gn99dpl%2Ftumblr_static_tumblr_static_7npjz9s69hk4g00o0kwo444oo_640.gif&key=nkmxXXhUypDm-_QWo7fxZg

Don't worry, from what I can tell (also relatively new) there are plenty of people here also learning japanese (myself included!), so you may just be able to find some buddies with similar goals! As far as choosing guilds, I wouldn't worry too much. You can go for the rebel guild in your first challenge and hopefully, from there, work out which guild will be best for you - hey, I might even see you there in the next challenge?

Hope to see you around and feel free to message me if you need anything!

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

Welcome Akari :)

I hope your apprenticeship is going well so far and that you can leave the past behind. In germany, people often have this idea that one's vita should be flawless in order to have a future. It's something I used to find scary. Nowadays I find it just laughable. I had a similar fresh start like yours several years ago and it was one of the best decisions of my life :) So congrats on your decision to make this change, i'm sure it'll be worthwhile :)  

The last point on the list: I want to improve my english. So if your ears hurt already from reading this, feel free to correct everything.

Regulary hanging around forums is a great way to improve one's english skills so you've already made the first step! :) I can also recommend reading books in english. Steven's book is well written and certainly a good start there, too.

Maybe you can give me some advice about what guild to choose too. In LOL I love to play assassins, but I dont think that class would fit me.

I think Steven's book will give you a pretty good idea which guild may suit you. The Rebel class is a solid choice if you are undecided (you can always change guilds later on.)

See you around!

Tyrgal

Hi

Welcome to the rebellion.

Your English reads good. But i guess it is a bit different when you have to talk at real time. I am not a native English speaker and i can text chat without difficulty but when it comes to having a real conversation i find myself stammering and searching for words.    

I like the ideas of the site fluentin3months. They encourage you to talk from day one. I also love duolingo.com , i think they dont provide Japanese yet. 

Considering your current goals i would say you belong to scouts. 

If you havnt read the class descriptions yet click here or this one for a little more elaborate one.

Most people fall into hybrids of two or three classes. If you cant or dont want to pick any stay as a rebel.

The next 4 week challenge is about to start in a week. Jump in on 

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

Thanks for your warm welcome. :)

6 hours ago, Tyrgal said:

Welcome Akari :)

I hope your apprenticeship is going well so far and that you can leave the past behind. In germany, people often have this idea that one's vita should be flawless in order to have a future. It's something I used to find scary.

Im happy with what I'm doing now. My chef is an asshole, who explodes sometimes, but I still like the new job. Some of my classmates are just sitting around each day in their companies, without beeing allowed to do anything. I can do already some tasks on my own.

The thing with the flawless vita I noticed too, but people have to change their view. There are a lot of students, who don't finish their studies. But what you need 100% in Germany is a paper, where stands that u finished the apprenticeship in..  the studiing of...

@Stellakin How long have u been learning Japanese? Which books do u use?

6 hours ago, Tyrgal said:

I can also recommend reading books in english. Steven's book is well written and certainly a good start there, too.

I listen to books in english :D I buy them on audible. Found there some nice english fantasy books. And steves book i heared in english too.

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch

Hi Akari Welcome to the Rebellion :D

I think this place is awesome for your goals, you will soon see that all people here are supportive and possitive like nothing you will find in Germany ( ;) )

If you fell like talking to other German NF-Nerds there is a thread under the European Section for us German Nerds (even though it's not that active) and an inofficial FB group (same as the thread).

With the guilds, the best is to just look around and try.

I'm with the assassins (a lot of bodyweight stuff, and awesome challenges every month) but doing challenges in the scout part of the board because it's all about running for me at the moment. All the guilds are awesome in there own way and you just have to find out what fits you.There are guilds like the assassins that are filled with positive (but competitve) people that will push you in the challenges or the monks that are a little more laid back. I'm sure you will find what's right for you.

I'll be following your thread for now and will try to support so that you can have a awesome start here :D

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)