Forums are back in action! ×

If you were a superhero....

Would you PLEASE dress like THIS?

No, but seriously, I know we've probably all dreamed of having super powers at some point or other. When I was young I thought it would be awesome to be able to turn into any animal I wanted (and then I majored in biology... yes, I still like animals). What would your superhero identity be? Your powers? Your costume (consider carefully - remember the lesson about the capes from The Incredibles)? Would you be for the side of good or evil? Would you have a catch phrase? Would you run solo or with a team? There are so many parameters to consider when becoming a superhero! I haven't decided any of this for myself yet... there's too much to choose from, but I'll get back to you.

(This IS a community of nerds, so I expect a similar thread has already been done. Please forgive me if it's a repeat, but I haven't been around long enough to know better ;))

EDIT: And if you're not feeling imaginative, you can always say which established hero/villain you'd most like to be like.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Oooooh, work gateway did not like that link. Glad I have my smartphone. Still... you're gonna get me fired.

Bwah-hah-hah. Great pic. Would I still get the girls? 'Cause that's what being a superhero is all about, right? And how much tight-stuffing is too much tight-stuffing?

Other than that... I too need more time to ponder this very important question. Although, I already have a superhero(ish) thing coming :)

Hey, it's not MY fault that you're goofing around on Nerd Fitness while at work. *shrug*

I don't think the costume is the only thing that would determine whether you got the girls. Again, there are a lot of important parameters to consider - your hot bod, your attitude, whether you're on the side of good or bad (both sides have girls... just depends what kind you're into), what kind of powers you have (I mean seriously, if your power was the ability to sense Paleo-friendly eateries, your flock might be pretty limited... and awesome). And as far as the tight stuffing, I think just as long as it doesn't look too unnatural, that's probably good. I don't have a lot of experience with that one though, so you may want to ask around the Mens' thread.... or ask the pre-teen girls that stuff their bras.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Guest Snake McClain

I would be a hero.

My power would be animal mind control/communication. I love animals and it would just be an awesome power and experience. I'd probably wear all light grey tights with yellow gloves and boots and a black domino masks. Not sure what I'd call myself. maybe the image of a wolf head silouhette in front of a moon on my chest but as a smaller circle on my right pec.

I can see it... maybe I should do sketches of peoples' costumes ;) You could be Animal Man... or the Shadow Wolf... or... I can't think of anything clever right now. Also, I think you should add a black belt to the ensemble. Maybe with a yellow belt buckle to tie the mask and feet/hands together. And you could keep the awesome faux-hawk you have in your avatar.

On a slightly related note - did you ever read the Immortals series by Tamora Pierce (first book is Wild Magic) when you were a kid? Because your power sounds kind of like what the main character in those books had. I LOVE those books :) It'd be so cool to be able to communicate with animals.

Guest Snake McClain
I can see it... maybe I should do sketches of peoples' costumes ;) You could be Animal Man... or the Shadow Wolf... or... I can't think of anything clever right now. Also, I think you should add a black belt to the ensemble. Maybe with a yellow belt buckle to tie the mask and feet/hands together. And you could keep the awesome faux-hawk you have in your avatar.

On a slightly related note - did you ever read the Immortals series by Tamora Pierce (first book is Wild Magic) when you were a kid? Because your power sounds kind of like what the main character in those books had. I LOVE those books :) It'd be so cool to be able to communicate with animals.

I am surprised you can tell i have a faux hawk in the avatar. It actually is really long and goes all the way in the back. almost mullet like at the bottom. the length it is on top it is that long in back too. It's as close to a real mohawk i could get and keep my job. lol

and yeah i dig the black belt as well.

Never read immortals *hangs head in shame*. maybe i should.

The name Animal Man has been used. Maybe just call me the animal. Or the....quadraped. lol

I am surprised you can tell i have a faux hawk in the avatar. It actually is really long and goes all the way in the back. almost mullet like at the bottom. the length it is on top it is that long in back too. It's as close to a real mohawk i could get and keep my job. lol

and yeah i dig the black belt as well.

Never read immortals *hangs head in shame*. maybe i should.

The name Animal Man has been used. Maybe just call me the animal. Or the....quadraped. lol

I think the faux-hawk suits you... and don't think it's that hard to pick out in the avatar.

You don't need to be ashamed of not having read The Immortals... they were probably considered girl books anyways.

If you want to be The Animal, you have to try really hard to make sure people use "the." Otherwise you end up being Animal... and I don't think that's what you were going for. And just because you talk to animals doesn't mean you're a quadruped... still a biped unless you turn into a four-legged animal. Or maybe you should just be Zoo (pronounce Zoh-oh) Man!

Meet Mr. Wonderful

This is the superhero alter ego I always wished I was. Essentially the same powers as Mr. Majestic (Superman sans krypto-weakness and including SUPER SUPER intelligence)

I think I made this in 3DS MAX like 4 or 5 years ago.

Mr. Wonderful... sounds like the guy every girl is looking for ;)

When I was young I thought it would be awesome to be able to turn into any animal I wanted.

It totally sounds like you wanted to be

, but lets forget turning into animals, I just wish I was half as suave as Simon MacCorkindale. :P To answer your question though, either Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark... Superheroes by their own hand! If I had to pick a hero with a true super'power', I'd have to say Silver Surfer. Cosmic Surfing FTW! :D

|
|

"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done."

"I can only be beaten in two ways: If I give up or if I die."

maybe i will run around on all fours???

I'm thinking Werewolf style....where you can walk on 2, but run and get your speed on all 4!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Loving the faux hawk BruceMacInness.

I would want to be like Mystique from X-Men. She can have EVERYONE'S power, and she's smokin' hot.

But if that's a cop-out, I'd want to be a day-walking Vampire. Channeling Mina Harker here. Be able to call bats, fly, live forever... I'll take it.

I'd still rather be Mystique, though. =]

My 2 favorite superheroes aren't technically "super" or anything, they're just geniuses. Batman and Iron Man. They made themselves into heroes, which is honestly a bit more badass IMHO.

Fitocracy! | Running Trainer | Facebook | Twitter | Current Challenge Blog!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Guest Snake McClain
You better have a massive faux hawk to make up for how silly you'll look on all fours then :P

Sorry, Bruce, don't take my teasing too hard, we all love you :)

not taking it hard at all. lol

I'm thinking Werewolf style....where you can walk on 2, but run and get your speed on all 4!

i am okay with this.

I'm also okay with another idea. I had this idea for a comic called "Zomboy" (i swear if anyone steals this I'll track you down and beat you). The idea is this kid turns into a zombie whenever evil is nearby. and the longer he goes without stopping the evil he deteriorates (sp?) much quicker. He can only revert back to human after eating the flesh of the evil. But also he can't be killed he can only rot until he is incapacitated (limbs off) and has super strength (cuz why not). Anyway. i'd be a zombie maybe.

Guest Snake McClain
Hmmm.... interesting notion. Is there any way to recover Zomboy if he becomes incapacitate from rot? What if the evil is too tricky to catch before that happens?

well i guess he has a problem. lol maybe he eats an evil worm? or if he eats a worm that ate an evil person? lol

If I had a superpower of my choosing, it’d be Magneto’s power, but even better. And instead of relying on the metal being around me I would carry an assortment of metal on me. I wouldn’t dress up like some fairy, but rather just normal civilian clothes and an awesome jacket with metal plates in different places. My shoe soles would have a metal plate to allow me to fly (the jacket would allow for stability).

The only way to make my powers more awesome is if I had Wolverine’s regenerative powers. Then I would inject myself with pockets of metal that I could summon out of my body in times of need.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

well i guess he has a problem. lol maybe he eats an evil worm? or if he eats a worm that ate an evil person? lol

He sounds like one of those heroes that may just end up having a lot near misses. Either that or an ally/sidekick manages to defeat the evil and rehabilitate him.

Guest Snake McClain
He sounds like one of those heroes that may just end up having a lot near misses. Either that or an ally/sidekick manages to defeat the evil and rehabilitate him.

or maybe he has a really short comic book run. and i can manage to bring him back in different time frames years later when i feel like writing the comic again.

Oooh you're going to have me thinking really hard on this one! And I've just been re-watching Heroes from the start - so many ideas! Ok first ruling out the powers I wouldn't want to have:

Telepathy - who want want to hear what everyone was saying about them in their head?

Super Strength - I can work my way to that on my own ;-)

Invisibility - might be fun if you're a guy (wink wink) but I cant think what use I would have for it.

argh I cant actually just decide one power I would want! Oooh what about being able to tranform into any animal I want? Power of flight (birds) super speed (cheetah) able to sneak around small spaces (mouse) yes thats the one I'd want. Probably wouldnt need a costume except for when I'm human again and having to fight a bad guy (although I would probably just turn into a bear for that) but probably something badass like the Alice costume in the Resident Evil Extinction movie.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2