Forums are back in action! ×

Sunshine, marshmallows, and Nyan cat

Just what we've all been waiting for! A thread for all the nice things in our world :D This will be our version of "These are a few of my favorite things." And nobody better be thinking burpees...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2169[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2171[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2170[/ATTACH]

Above are 1) My dog soaking up some sun (TWO of my favorite things), 3) Marshmallows! They're so fluffy and sweet! And you couldn't make s'mores without them..... not very Paleo, however, and 3) Nyan cat... not necessarily a favorite, but it makes me smile

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I can honestly say to this day that my favorite movie is Anne of Green Gables. And yes, damn it, I cried when Matthew died. And again when Richard Farnsworth died.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2172[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry.... what???

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Speaking of deadlifting, successfully deadlifting a bar that another woman in my CrossFit (who has been there for two years) got lightheaded from - another favorite thing.

(Basically, I was going to stop my lifting at 205 lbs. and decided to try Sarah's 225 lbs. just for funsies - who knew I could lift? *shrug*)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2187[/ATTACH]

Not a deadlift, but the photo made me happy

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Speaking of deadlifting, successfully deadlifting a bar that another woman in my CrossFit (who has been there for two years) got lightheaded from - another favorite thing.

(Basically, I was going to stop my lifting at 205 lbs. and decided to try Sarah's 225 lbs. just for funsies - who knew I could lift? *shrug*)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2187[/ATTACH]

Not a deadlift, but the photo made me happy

Woo-hoo, Lulu! Although, I have to point out, a while ago you expressed dismay that people were realizing you can lift more than you've been doing. Now you're going after it voluntarily, and with great pride. That's cool.

The photo is awesome, too.

Well they started realizing it before BECAUSE I did it voluntarily last time. Most of the time I don't actually think I can do the weight, so I don't see any harm in trying :P And I mean, seriously, why WOULDN'T I be proud when I lifted 20 lbs. more than I was going to stop at? Also, the friend that I usually go to CrossFit with went earlier in the day and lifted 105 lbs. for her top weight. I wanted to double her weight... and far exceeded it. Not a fair comparison though, she didn't grow up being tough like me ;)

I also hate IE. I have trouble uploading photos from my computer with Firefox with the regular uploader too, but when you first open the Insert Image dialog, if you have the "From Computer" tab selected, there should be an option for "Basic uploader" in the lower right corner. That seems to be a bit more reliable. Also, if you add a photo either from a URL or upload, you have to be aware of image size and it gets super annoying trying to get thing to the right size >.<

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2191[/ATTACH]

Pyrat Rum - Best rum ever!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2189[/ATTACH]

Armin Van Buuren and A State of Trance!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2190[/ATTACH]

Everything on my media server being served to XBMC - Love my TV, Movies, and Music!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*