Forums are back in action! ×

200kg deadlift GET

Whoa. I have some serious work to do... That's absolutely awesome!

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Grats!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So you've gone from triathelete to power lifter? Can you still do the triathlon stuff? (if the answer is yes, you are going to blow my main reason for not doing tri stuff clean out of the water...)

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

So you've gone from triathelete to power lifter? Can you still do the triathlon stuff? (if the answer is yes, you are going to blow my main reason for not doing tri stuff clean out of the water...)

Ha, no. That would be sick. I'm about a metric ton heavier and by doing much less cardio I've not got the CV condition to do tri. Plus my wetsuit doesn't even get over my calves. :D

This was a bit of an experiment, to radically re-orient what I was doing and see how well I adapted. The Heinlein quote is only half true: "Specialization is for insects" but serial specialization is something we humans do well.

I figure it takes about six months to shift mode; that's what I had for my first tri, and for the epic bike tour, and for this. After that it's tweaks and level grinding. *caveat: anecdata

Why is angry santa in the op not your avatar?

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Booyah indeed!! That is awesome! Love the bar bend! I'm shooting for the 400lb+ mark myself. Currently doing 5x5 at 355lb (although, might be 365lb today), but have yet to try for a 1RM.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Booyah indeed!! That is awesome! Love the bar bend! I'm shooting for the 400lb+ mark myself. Currently doing 5x5 at 355lb (although, might be 365lb today), but have yet to try for a 1RM.

Your working weight is heavier than mine when I did 405, try it out.

500 / 330 / 625

Wait you are DLing 5 sets of 5 at 355? You make me feel weak if you are.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Wait you are DLing 5 sets of 5 at 355? You make me feel weak if you are.

Doh! So use to typing 5x5.....no, DL'ing 1x5 at 355lbs.

Your working weight is heavier than mine when I did 405, try it out.

Honestly....why not!?! I'm gonna plan on loading up 8 plates on Friday to find out. Today needs to be a regular post-ShamrockFest workout (meaning...a lot of drinking was done over the weekend).

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*