Forums are back in action! ×

Bodies are weird

2 hours ago, Mark D said:

@wildross:  I suspect there's a nobel prize for anyone who can answer any of those questions.....  Those random hair things never seem to happen to women either...

Eh-hmm! I would like to disagree! **mutters** men trying to suppress us women again **mutter, mutter**:P 

Firstly, two women have posted about having the freaky-long-hair-thingy, and secondly, if you wanna talk going grey early then you come to ME! Ya hear me! :D 

Yeah, try being a Celtic woman - blue eyes, pale skin, dark hair, at least until you turn 20 at which point the hairdresser becomes your best friend. I'm not joking, 20yo and the grey had already started. Not fair!

And don't even get me started on Scottish people's inability to get a tan. I go from pale blue (you can't even call it white with all those veins showing through) to lobster red in 20 mins, I swear!  A "tan" here is a patchwork of angry red bits and glaring white strap marks from where your top came to that day. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

1 minute ago, Guzzi said:

Eh-hmm! I would like to disagree! **mutters** men trying to suppress us women again **mutter, mutter**:P 

Firstly, two women have posted about having the freaky-long-hair-thingy, and secondly, if you wanna talk going grey early then you come to ME! Ya hear me! :D 

Yeah, try being a Celtic woman - blue eyes, pale skin, dark hair, at least until you turn 20 at which point the hairdresser becomes your best friend. I'm not joking, 20yo and the grey had already started. Not fair!

And don't even get me started on Scottish people's inability to get a tan. I go from pale blue (you can't even call it white with all those veins showing through) to lobster red in 20 mins, I swear!  A "tan" here is a patchwork of angry red bits and glaring white strap marks from where your top came to that day. 

I guess you wouldn't give me any sympathy when I complain that I started going gray at 30. My mother-in -law is 85. She didn't have any gray until she was 80.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

57 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I guess you wouldn't give me any sympathy when I complain that I started going gray at 30. My mother-in -law is 85. She didn't have any gray until she was 80.

Holy crapsticks! 80? Seriously?

For most of my 20s I had highlights to try and hide my grey I have this badger stripe that goes on in my fringe (bangs) and I have to get my roots dyed every 4-6 weeks to keep it all in check. I'm 34 byw, lol!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

17 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Holy crapsticks! 80? Seriously?

For most of my 20s I had highlights to try and hide my grey I have this badger stripe that goes on in my fringe (bangs) and I have to get my roots dyed every 4-6 weeks to keep it all in check. I'm 34 byw, lol!

People have accused her of lying about it. She tells them to talk to her hairdresser.:lol: I'm  51 now, and I should just give up and let it go grey, but  I can't seem to.:)

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

People have accused her of lying about it. She tells them to talk to her hairdresser.:lol: I'm  51 now, and I should just give up and let it go grey, but  I can't seem to.:)

Never give up, never surrender! 

I love seeing women who have that silver/platinum hair, it looks so elegant. Me - I'm gonna end up with something that resembles steel wool. :hopelessness:  There's no "platinum" in my future, lol! 

At least I won't have to worry about my hair thinning, my problem is that I have too much of the bloody stuff. I have to get it thinned every time I go to the hairdresser, and every time she says "I'd forgotten just how much hair you have!" I'm looking forward to having a little less of it. ;) 

16 hours ago, Guzzi said:

I have exactly the same colouring as you - blue eyes, whiter than white skin, dark hair (though it held out going grey for a bit longer, but lots of white hairs now).  But an English accent, so I can't even pull the Celtic card legitimately (I blame my Scottish great-grandmother...).  Do you get the issue where you can't show your legs ever because your skin is so translucent that even the roots of leg hair show through?!  Also, careful with what you wish for re: thinning hair - mine was always super thick, then I had a stressful flat share aged 25 and it all started falling out in clumps and now I'm all nostalgic for my once-thick hair...

21 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Freaky long is one thing.  Freaking long, dark and curly is something else, like I said, my eyebrow hair looked like a misplaced pubic hair.  Not something you want to see staring back at you in the mirror.  Not to mention that it apparently appeared overnight.  I suspect the government is secretly putting hair-gro in my drinking water.....It's a conspiracy I tell you!  :abnormal:

I hear ya on the lack of tanning, my Mom was full-blooded Norwegian, she turned RED if she even thought about going out in the sun.  Dad was half Irish and half Mongolian, so I got a little tanning ability from the Asian part.  Let's face it, I'm a mutt.:tan:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Never give up, never surrender! 

I love seeing women who have that silver/platinum hair, it looks so elegant. Me - I'm gonna end up with something that resembles steel wool. :hopelessness:  There's no "platinum" in my future, lol! 

At least I won't have to worry about my hair thinning, my problem is that I have too much of the bloody stuff. I have to get it thinned every time I go to the hairdresser, and every time she says "I'd forgotten just how much hair you have!" I'm looking forward to having a little less of it. ;) 

My wife has talked about "going grey", but her hairdresser keeps telling her it'll make her look older.  Considering that most people think I married a younger woman even though she's three years older than I am......

Oh, and I used to get my hair thinned too, until I just said "screw it" and now I get it buzzed to about 3/4 inch (a hair, pun intended, under 2 cm for those who live in nations that have never gone to the moon :satellite:  I kid, I kid).  When it's long enough to part I get it buzzed again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

Do you get the issue where you can't show your legs ever because your skin is so translucent that even the roots of leg hair show through?!  

For me it's more that I worry about giving other people snow blindness. B)  Yes, my legs look terrible unless I've been going to the sunbed for ages before hand, at which point they just look pale as opposed to cadaver-like. 

@Mark D I have a freaky dark hair that grows on my neck, just above my collar bone. It's not long and curly, but it's BLACK. And tbh it's possible that it could be long if it ever managed to grow more than 3mm before being plucked out. :lol:  But why would it grow there in the first place? What possible use does my body have for a single she-beard hair???

I am younger than most of my colleagues so I would have no problem if my hair started going grey on me. (I'm in my early 30's.) I am hoping for that platinum distinguished look, but I'm sure that's only a pipe dream. I feel like not that many woman are blessed with the gorgeous white hair and instead end up dirty grey. 

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }