Forums are back in action! ×

Joining the Rebellion!

Hello everyone! My name is Drew, and I have found this place as part of my ongoing fitness journey, and I like everything I see! As a lifelong nerd, it all greatly appeals to me.
I've been watching my diet and exercising regularly for a little under a year now, and since April I have gone from 323lbs, to 243lbs, which I think is great progress. However, I still have much more work to do! I's like to get down to 223 by this April, if possible, and down to 200 or lower by the end of the year.
I took martial arts lessons when I was young, and despite only being able to do occasional lessons as an adult I have always been fascinated with martial arts. I have found a JKD instructor in my area, and intend to start taking lessons next month. For these reasons, I am primarily a Monk.
In addition, I intend to strive for as long as possible to become as physically fit as possible. Right now, my fitness regimen includes running (as much as I can at the moment), HIIT workouts, and weight training. I want to eventually work up to CrossFit, or a close approximation thereof. For these reasons, I will also take levels as a Ranger.
Really looking forward to working with and learning from all of you!

• Like 2

Hey @drew1028!  Good to have you onboard! Have you found your way around the forum yet?  There's a new challenge beginning on the 12th of Feb if you fancy joining in?  You have already made great progress to go from 323 to 243 in less than a year!  Do you have any photos to show the difference in you?  I bet that would be very impressive to see.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Ha! Yeah, I was the same. It's my biggest regret in my weightloss journey but at the time I hated seeing myself in pictures so much that I wouldn't let anyone take photos of me and I'd delete any that my husband took (he wouldn't abide by the "no photos" rule). Now, I with I had those pics to compare my progress to. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously