Forums are back in action! ×

UM, I don't think so.

Now, either Posh is seriously deluded or she spends so much time with models and other designers that she thinks having a waist that’s smaller than your head is perfectly normal

I dont usually pay any attention to what The Mirror writes but that bit made me laugh.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

First of all, the 1960s called...they want their swimsuit back. That high-waisted thing is hideous!

Ok, Now that I'm past that, I'll post something I stumbled across this week, that, in my opinion, proves that a woman with an actual figure, not just a stick with arms and legs, looks better in a designer's clothes than a sub-zero sized supermodel.

http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/02/28/aishwarya-rai-in-armani-prive-2011-oscars/

Now, tell me which one of these women looks better, and closer to average in this dress? I know neither one of them are really an average size, and I don't know whether Aishwarya Rai works out or not, but I would rather look like her than the waif that modeled the dress!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

she thinks having a waist that’s smaller than your head is perfectly normal.

Made me laugh.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The fact that she thinks her size 0 is representative of the general public is ridiculous. I'll agree with that.

Is her body hideous because she's thin? Nah. For some reason it really bothers me when people talk badly about a body type or how someone looks. I know there are a lot of nerdy skinny guys who struggle to put weight on. Do we mock them for not eating? Not really. Why do we do this to women??? I have some super skinny friends who would *kill* for some curves. Are they ugly? NO. They just have different body types. It's really the same as mocking someone who's overweight. Not that cool.

Just my two cents. Give me some proof that she starves herself etc. Then I'll just be sad for her, not mean about it.

In training to be awesome! :highly_amused:

The fact that she thinks her size 0 is representative of the general public is ridiculous. I'll agree with that.

Is her body hideous because she's thin? Nah. For some reason it really bothers me when people talk badly about a body type or how someone looks. I know there are a lot of nerdy skinny guys who struggle to put weight on. Do we mock them for not eating? Not really. Why do we do this to women??? I have some super skinny friends who would *kill* for some curves. Are they ugly? NO. They just have different body types. It's really the same as mocking someone who's overweight. Not that cool.

Just my two cents. Give me some proof that she starves herself etc. Then I'll just be sad for her, not mean about it.

She's absolutely not hideous! She's beautiful in my opinion...not athletic looking, but still a very,very pretty woman.

The supermodel is pretty bad though. It really does look like she's gone off the deep end from skinny to need medical/psychiatric attention. IMO.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

The supermodel is pretty bad though. It really does look like she's gone off the deep end from skinny to need medical/psychiatric attention. IMO.

I think that's being pretty judgmental. I mean, yeah she could starve herself, we don't know. What I do know, is my oldest daughter is built just like her. She is 5'9" and barely weighs 100lbs. She eats, she eats ALOT.

1 Rep Max Deadlift-180lbs

1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk-90lbs

1 Rep Max Push Press-70lbs

1 Rep Max Back Squat-135lbs

1 Rep Strict Press-65lbs

Fitocracy

2 weeks till Hawaii

I think that's being pretty judgmental. I mean, yeah she could starve herself, we don't know. What I do know, is my oldest daughter is built just like her. She is 5'9" and barely weighs 100lbs. She eats, she eats ALOT.

My 14 yr old is almost 100lbs and is very skinny too...she's about 5'3"...when I was her age (actually, until I was about 20) I went from 105-110, 5'4", also very skinny naturally. I even had a hard time gaining weight when I was pregnant, so I understand naturally thin, don't get me wrong.

You're right, I don't know for sure that the model is starving herself, but I do know enough about the modeling culture to say that many do, but not all.

And I do worry about skinny girls, even the ones that eat a ton. My daughter eats more than my husband, and yet I worry that because of her low body fat that she's not developing at a normal rate. She's an athlete, so as a mom I watch for signs of unhealthiness in her, always.

I guess sometimes when you're a hammer, everything becomes a nail.

~Oscar Wilde

Her body is not hideous. Her attitude is. She is so out of touch with the real world, it's not even funny. This whole 'I stand for the general public' just reinforces all the stereotypes about thinness and makes a bunch of teenage girls feel inadequate from the moment they hit puberty.

just my two cents here:

A) I have a super girl-crush on Aishwarya Rai... so yeah... Im biased on that one! LOL

B) I didn't read the article as Victorian thinking her size was that of the average woman. I read it as it was the style of clothing of the average woman.

Especially since it went on to talk about her in pj's.

Granted- I still think she's way too thin and needs to eat a hot dog or something.

and part of this is also my FAR too many years of working in the fashion industry (11 to be exact) as a designer and technical designer.

*gets off soap box*

~It's when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.~My Fitness Pal TrackerMy 6 Week Challenge Page- Scout