Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy ways of meeting women?

Does your town have a game store or something? We have a few things around here where people get together like once a month for board games, etc.

Or if you're really into it...roleplaying? I did some of that a few years ago, was fun.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I always suggest volunteering somewhere that you're interested in. Great way to meet people! Nowadays women are considered people too so you kill two birds with one stone!

Half-Demon Adventurer (Hoping to become an Assassin)Fitocracy |Twitter

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

It depends on what type of nerdiness you're into. LARPing, seeing if you can find D&D or other groups through meetup.com can work. Also if there are any conventions near you for what you're into, whether video games, anime, board games, comics, etc.

Alternatively you can do what Malnux said and volunteer. There are also always casual co-edsports leagues (I know plenty who have met their significant other playing Ultimate Frisbee).

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

When you find out, could you please tell me? I could make a fortune with this info.

The stereotype is that all it would take to find a nerdy guy is to show up at a convention, etc and just be a woman. Though I've heard complaints from lady nerds that it's more complicated than that because nerdy guys can be painfully shy especially when it comes to women.

And woo for the kickoff thread in the Men's Guild! Though, it's been mostly answered by women?

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

The stereotype is that all it would take to find a nerdy guy is to show up at a convention, etc and just be a woman. Though I've heard complaints from lady nerds that it's more complicated than that because nerdy guys can be painfully shy especially when it comes to women.

And woo for the kickoff thread in the Men's Guild! Though, it's been mostly answered by women?

Yeahh.... all the boyfriends I've had are people that I had to initiate stuff with... so definitely not because I'm afraid to ask someone out... just don't know how to meet 'em these days...

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I love how the majority of the responses so far (in the Men's Guild at that) for this question have been from the women. HAHA! Does this mean, none of us guys know?!?

With that said, I really don't have an absolute answer for you on the nerdy part (although, you may want to take a look at some stuff http://www.doctornerdlove.com has to say....someone here suggested the site in the Men's Thread).

Some suggestions:

- Any place that will get you involved in a hobby with other people sharing the same interests

- Trivia nights (depending where you live, you may have a few options here)

- Through other nerdy friends. Always worth asking.

- And of course, there is always online dating (works for some, not for others, YMMV; but there's no reason not to try it)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

It depends on what type of nerdiness you're into. LARPing, seeing if you can find D&D or other groups through meetup.com can work. Also if there are any conventions near you for what you're into, whether video games, anime, board games, comics, etc.

Alternatively you can do what Malnux said and volunteer. There are also always casual co-edsports leagues (I know plenty who have met their significant other playing Ultimate Frisbee).

Great stuff Tin Man!

I'm actually part of a couple leagues here in DC. A volleyball league and a kickball league. The vball is because I used to play and love the sport, the kickball is for meeting people and drinking fun.

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I didn't even notice it was in the Men's Guild... I just go to the "What's New" page... guess I should start paying attention.

HAHA! I do that all the time too (Paleo Guild as an example), but as Tin Man said....the ladies' responses on this question should be very welcome!

My problem is not that they're shy. It's that they only want the pretty princesses.

Oops?

The question was so irresistible!

This is true. AND SO ANNOYING AND DOUBLE-STANDARDY.

The worst part is the entitlement - it's like they think they deserve the prettiest girl in the land because... I don't know, because the jocks made fun of them in high school, maybe. One would think that a person who was bullied/made fun of because of his appearance and tastes would have an open mind and realize that people are more than looks, but no...