Forums are back in action! ×

It's Great To Be A Man

I've always enjoyed being a man, but since I've had 2 boys of my own, I've remembered just how awesome it is! From peeing standing up to telling it how it is, being a guy is great.

Since we have a whole new guild to ourselves with miles and miles of space, I thought I'd put it out there:

What's your favourite thing about being a MAN?

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

So many things. No risk of getting pregnant! No need for all that strange equipment women require every month is a big plus.

I also rather like not having to strap down my chest to avoid whiplash injuries, though this might still apply to some men...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

People talking to me like I have a brain while shopping at the hardware store (either tools and hardware, or computer hardware). My wife goes in there and I've hung back half an aisle and observed, and... they will ignore what she says and try to sell her something else, or ignore her entirely. It's awesome, in a horrible, horrible sort of way.

Also, being socially allowed to enjoy UFC.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Did anyone else have the song Damn it feels good to be a gangsta... pop into their head when reading the title? Just me? Okay.

And I am with icedtrip. Peeing while standing is quite possibly the best thing about being a guy.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I can have an entire conversation with other guy friends consisting completely of grunts and gestures.

Along this line: the ability to have a conversation and quality bonding without a word shared or anything. Just being in the same place can be male bonding. I loved reading about one guy and his good friend and their "man time". They would sit on the porch, sip whiskey, and talk about everything or say nothing.

And peeing while standing up. Especially as pertains to peeing in the woods.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I can have an entire conversation with other guy friends consisting completely of grunts and gestures.

Along similar lines.....being able to ride in a car with another guy without a single word being spoken.....and being ok with it!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Okay, I'm sorry, I'll stop now....really I will...

And now there is a link in the "It's Great To Be A Man" thread giving instructions to how to piss standing up as a woman *sigh*

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Yes but we have the peeing with wood handicap to go along with peeing standing up, something that most women totally do not understand.

For example first thing in the AM pee + morning wood + AM groggyness = not good.

I second this on the Con side.

If not by a woman, then by one of us.

Eh....true statement...

One word: menstration

I've heard it can attract bears.

My favorite: everything we wear doesn't have to match. 2 minutes and I am out the door. No matter WHERE we go, it takes my wife at least 15 minutes to get ready.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

"Sweat more in peace, so you bleed less in war."

I enjoy having 3 pairs of jeans that can last me for two weeks without having to wash, and not needing a walk-in closet to house my clothes.

The fact that just about ANY sport is simply BUILT into my DNA. I can throw a spiral without thinking about it.

Peeing standing up, as said before, is quite awesome indeed. I should appreciate it more than I do.

Also, we get to enjoy boobs. Boobs are awesome.

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

Not having to deal with all the maintenance that goes with being a woman. Make-up, hair, nails, leg shaving, etc. I admire the end results but I'm very much glad it's not me having to do all that prep work.

This 1,000%. I rarely am more appreciative of being a guy than when the lady friend and I are getting ready to go to something fancy like a wedding (or Mad Men viewing party).

Me: Shower, shave, throw on a dashing suit.

Her: A heck of a lot more than that.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Being able to play is another good one. Boys never outgrow toys - they just get bigger, more expensive ones. Women are expected to grow up and be sensible - in the past, this meant the cooking, cleaning and raising the children, and modern woman is now expected to manage a career and be all independent and whatnot. I'm not sure which sounds worse to me. I'm 33 and I still haven't decided what to be when I grow up.

And the wardrobe thing is great. What am I going to wear to work tomorrow? (Grabs random shirt). Yeah, that'll do. I'm baffled by the shoe thing as well - I'm unusual for a man in that I have about five pairs. And one of those really needs throwing out.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/