Forums are back in action! ×

Things you wish women would stop doing to themselves

OMG yes.

Though I realize I am very much in the minority for not liking thongs.

Edit as Thrillho pointed out, we really can't tell how much it cost though.

My husband hates thongs too, likes boyshorts. Actually, he's often said he doesn't care as long as they're on the floor, lol!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I do use chopstick, because I like my lips soft (Hubby does too)...flavored, yuck! No idea how guys feel about flavors though.

I use flavored lip gloss all the time and I've had one complaint but usually guys are pleasantly surprised and go "yum you taste like strawberries!"

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

I hate how sometimes women complain about how they are having so much trouble, so I bring up a solution. And then they get pissy. What's up with that?

Or a friend asking for men advice, you give it, she completely ignores it (possibly does the opposite), it blows up in her face, and she doesn't understand why!!! *sigh*

• Like 1

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

OMG yes.

Though I realize I am very much in the minority for not liking thongs.

Edit as Thrillho pointed out, we really can't tell how much it cost though.

I don't think you're that much in the minority there. I've always worn boyshorts and my boyfriend loves them! (5 pairs for £12 from La Senza -Win!) and correct me if I'm wrong but men aren't too choosy about undies. Do they even have to match? Just as long at they aren't full of holes and lost all their elasticity!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Asking for an emotional response to a logical problem.

Can't remember the movie, but as an example; girl wants guy to WANT to do the dishes. As a guy, I will never ever EVER desire to do dishes. Nor any other chores. I will do what needs to be done, but don't dare try telling me I have to enjoy it.

On a related note, I've found that faking spontaniety tends to work pretty well ;)

step 1: make up random schedule of nice guy things to do

step 2: follow schedule; woman doesn't realize, thinks I do things 'just because'.

step 3: ???

step 4: Profit! Or have a happy woman. Either way.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain

i agree with the make up thing. women don't really need make up. it bothers me they think they do. Also tanning. stop it. you look orange. tan in the real sun please. Also also that weird ass side eyebrow piercing. not the real one. the one just outside of the eye on the side of the face. what the f*** is that?

Also women not wearing really cute dresses. why don't they do this? they should do this more.

Can't remember the movie, but as an example; girl wants guy to WANT to do the dishes. As a guy, I will never ever EVER desire to do dishes. Nor any other chores. I will do what needs to be done, but don't dare try telling me I have to enjoy it.

On a related note, I've found that faking spontaniety tends to work pretty well ;)

step 2: follow schedule; woman doesn't realize, thinks I do things 'just because'.

Haha at least you don't try the "volunteer to do the washing but do a really crappy job of it so she never asks you again" approach!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

I don't think you're that much in the minority there. I've always worn boyshorts and my boyfriend loves them! (5 pairs for £12 from La Senza -Win!) and correct me if I'm wrong but men aren't too choosy about undies. Do they even have to match? Just as long at they aren't full of holes and lost all their elasticity!

Unless the holes were intended to be there, which is a ++++++.

Matching, no.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I've always wanted to know what fake boobs feel like !

It's kind of like... squeezing a water balloon that's under the skin. a little bit thicker than a water balloon, but super weird!

I wish that girls would stop with the negative 'contests!' you know, if there are a group of girls together, and one maybe says something like 'man, my thighs are too squishy.' Another girl counters with "your thighs? I hate my nose!', and then another will say 'You guys are dumb. I have the jiggliest belly and I hate it!"

Come on, ladies! Why can't we focus on the positives?

Level 1 Wood Elf Druid

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge

Guest Snake McClain
It's kind of like... squeezing a water balloon that's under the skin. a little bit thicker than a water balloon, but super weird!

I wish that girls would stop with the negative 'contests!' you know, if there are a group of girls together, and one maybe says something like 'man, my thighs are too squishy.' Another girl counters with "your thighs? I hate my nose!', and then another will say 'You guys are dumb. I have the jiggliest belly and I hate it!"

i agree with all that was just said.

Thongs are alright. More of a panties man, though.

I hate how sometimes women complain about how they are having so much trouble, so I bring up a solution. And then they get pissy. What's up with that?

Men are fixers by nature, Women are discussers, and just want an ear.

just keep on trucking...

Did anyone else immediately think of mean girls? Sometimes my breath is really bad in the morning? Hee hee hee.

Measuring their appearance by what they think other women think. Men measure their appearance by what they think women will think, obviously the point is to be attractive to the opposite sex. The headscratching thing is that many men don't really agree with the idea of attractiveness than most women think that other women think is attractive. Thus there are a lot of women out there who wish to become less attractive to men. On the whole women seem much more confused about how to build an attractive figure.

Totally agree. This extends beyond figure to apparel as well. I often think my wife looks the best with her hair thrown up and wearing a ratty sweatshirt, but she doesn't believe me. She refuses to leave the house that way - like other women will throw rotten tomatoes at her on the street or something.

Paying attention to Hollywood magazines. Sweet jeebus on a bike, I was looking through one of my wife's mags the other day and I couldn't help but thinking what a trainwreck celebrity culture is. All the plastic surgery, (borderline) anorexia, and bizarre fashion - how the crap has that become the model for success and beauty. There's nothing attractive about that sh!t...

Also, high heels. Don't get me wrong, they can be sexy as hell, but they destroy your feet, mess up your back, and from what I'm told aren't very comfortable to wear. There's gotta be a better option.

Amen brother. I do have high heels that I wear to work, but I made sure to find the most comfortable heels I could (and granted, that's not saying much). My new favorite wear-to-work shoes (at least during the warmer months) are my Merrell Wonder Gloves - yay for minimalist flats that look cute!

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

High heels until you get there and look cute/sexy, then barefoot under the table, walking to the car, etc. Any time except when dancing/standing around mingling.

Are you spying on me?hahahaha most of the women in my office have different shoes under the desk: heels for the abovementioned times, flats for others, sandals/flip flops for whenever possible. :P

Measuring their appearance by what they think other women think. Men measure their appearance by what they think women will think, obviously the point is to be attractive to the opposite sex. The headscratching thing is that many men don't really agree with the idea of attractiveness than most women think that other women think is attractive. Thus there are a lot of women out there who wish to become less attractive to men. On the whole women seem much more confused about how to build an attractive figure.

Another truth. We do dress for other women.. why? I have no idea. but so true.

You should share this with the world.. and possibly my boyfriend :)

agreed. do not play that game.... also, that was a great scene in Mean Girls (yes I watched it, judge me if you want :) )

Men are fixers by nature, Women are discussers, and just want an ear.

Lastly, (sorry long post is long) I agree. When we do that we just want you to say you understand. When we have a problem many of us want to vent/rant about it first THEN we want to take it on. So, if this is a new problem just say, "I understand. that sucks." or something similar. of course, everyone is different so ymmv.. we get to the 'fix it' part eventually.. but not always right away.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Dude, having a happy woman IS profit - trust me. (I'm speaking in the contest of a very committed long term relationship in which you have had plenty of time to annoy eachother).

What is the guy view on pantyhose / stockings / nylons? As a girl I HAAAATE pantyhose (but don't mind tights, especially in the wintertime with cute skirts and knee high boots!). I'm glad it's finally getting warmer where I am and I can wear skirts and flats to work with no pantyhose.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

What is the guy view on pantyhose / stockings / nylons? As a girl I HAAAATE pantyhose (but don't mind tights, especially in the wintertime with cute skirts and knee high boots!). I'm glad it's finally getting warmer where I am and I can wear skirts and flats to work with no pantyhose.

Tights are cool, but pantyhose just remind me of grandmas, which is fine if that's what someone is going for...

Argh. All the threads about the differences between men and women are kind of getting on my nerves.

I may be biased. This is mine. (Link NSFW!)

I'm gonna call that website "Captain Obvious". :D The thread has completely derailed from "Things you wish women wouldn't do to themselves".

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides.