Forums are back in action! ×

Loyal Companions: The Pets of the Rebellion

I love any opportunity to show off my pup, and she has been a rock through everything I've been through. Every epic adventure needs a sidekick! Who are your pets/sidekicks/loyal companions/furry cheering-sections?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2418[/ATTACH]

My superdog Zoe!

post-5729-13567243497006_thumb.jpg

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

Coder! He's 8 now but I got him from Weimaraner rescue when he was a year and half old. His name was Kodah when we got him but he needed a nerd name. My husband is a programmer so Coder worked.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2419[/ATTACH]

Reboot! He's about 2. I rescued him from the pound last June. Named because he got a new start on life when I got him.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2420[/ATTACH]

Nybble. Registered name Two Nybbles in a Byte. He was the best dog to every walk on this planet. Lost him last year and miss him like crazy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2421[/ATTACH]

post-4873-13567243497125_thumb.jpg

post-4873-13567243497292_thumb.jpg

post-4873-13567243497523_thumb.jpg

In training to be awesome! :highly_amused:

My wife and I have 2 cats, Felix and Wiggles. They enjoy being in my way between sets to make sure that I don't over-work myself. Wiggles will lick the sweat off of me. Felix will watch me in the shower to make sure that I don't slip and hurt myself out of exhaustion. He'll also walk all over me in the morning to make sure that I don't oversleep. He's a very generous cat. Yes, his name is technically Felix, but we like to call him Monster for reasons like these.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

Mr. Barley von Soda (14 months old):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2422[/ATTACH]

And Mr. Aleister Growley (adopted in December, we think he's around 3 but who knows?):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2423[/ATTACH]

Barley is my buddy and sleeps snuggled up to me every night... well, in reality he hogs half the bed and I wind up crowding my boyfriend off the other side. I got him as a secondhand, 9-week old puppy and he spent the next 10 months traveling back and forth between LA and SF every week with me (down on Fridays, back up on Sundays). As a result he hates the car, but he was the best emotional crutch a girl could ask for during that time. :D He's pretty dense sometimes but he's a good boy.

Mr. Growley has gotten exponentially cuter as his hair has grown in (he was almost completely shaved [and poorly] when we adopted him). This last haircut has us all swooning as he's turned into this petite little prancey guy with fluffy paws. He's smart as a whip, doesn't like to be picked up, but mostly trusts me to touch him now and follows me everywhere in the house. No one ever taught him how to sit until he came to us, and he picked it up in about 10 minutes. For such a little guy (7 pounds) he's just an amazing little guy. He was found wandering the streets as a matted and dirty stray, unneutered and unchipped, and his owner never stepped forward. I always wonder what happened.

My co-workers commented today that I talk about my dogs more than my kids (which they appreciate, being child-free). It's true. I'm pretty besotted with my guys. :)

Oh, also, both dogs are fed pre-made raw. They're small enough that we can afford the pre-made, and it's easier with our schedules, but they get supplemented with raw chicken feet, beef ribs, etc. on the weekends. I am a total convert and think if you can afford to feed raw, you should do it!

post-5591-1356724349766_thumb.jpg

post-5591-13567243498188_thumb.jpg

Polka!

38411_520262682892_64100023_30719201_1270947_n.jpg

She's 12 years old and acts as young and spry as ever! She's had some hair loss going on for a few years (I think it's due to allergies), but it doesn't seem to bother her much. I met her when she was less than a day old (my auntie occasionally breeds mini Australian Shepherds) and fell in love with her instantly. Good thing my parents had already consented to let me get a dog! I named her Polka because the last dog we had knew how to "dance" and I really wanted a dance name for my dog - it suits her! She stayed with my parents through college and I'm thrilled to have her with me out in the big world now, even if I don't get her out as often as I should :( She's a good friend, always makes me giggle, and she's always happy to see me. And believe it or not, this photo even made into last year's calendar from Mini Aussie Rescue and Support! (There was also another picture this year!) She's my little calendar girl!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I have two cats - Astro and Juno. Just turned two (yesterday in fact!) and they are brothers and sister from a Maine Coone mummy and a tabby dad. They're ridiculously stupid though. Juno (the girl) fell out a window when she was about 12 weeks old and broke her back lag. We had to keep her in a makeshift hutch type thing for 6 weeks which I think stunted her growth as she's still no bigger than a kitten.

This is her just after we got her falling asleep on the sofa.

They're both crazy try and get inside anything. Seriously any bag or box you leave lying around, guaranteed you'll come back and find one of them inside it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2427[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2428[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2429[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2430[/ATTACH]

Also the boy (Astro) regularly drinks from the upstairs toilet which can be a pain when you've just cleaned it! He even queues up outside the bathroom for his turn and goes bolting in as soon as the door opens!

I wish I was allowed a dog though but my mum says it wouldn't be fair on it being left alone while we're all out at work all day but when I have my own place I've got my heart set on getting an ex-racing greyhound.

post-4562-13567243499359_thumb.jpg

post-4562-13567243499476_thumb.jpg

post-4562-1356724349983_thumb.jpg

post-4562-13567243500105_thumb.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

ANIMALS!!! YAY!!! So many cute pets here already.

AKLulu, your dog is adorable! Looks like a puppy. :) Glad she still acts like one, too.

We've got 3 cats now that our houses have combined:

Zelda (5 yo) was my first cat, she's also in my avatar. She's very smart and friendly, with an itty bitty tail. Fact: I have a photo of her curled up on/with every gaming console controller I have. Also, I love the second photo because it's appropriate for her namesake (she was still a kitten then).

photo-2.jpgzeldazelda.jpg

Casper (4 yo) is my other cat, he's a total scaredy cat. He hides a lot and doesn't like loud noises. He comes off as a bit clueless sometimes, but has the cutest little 'mew' and he's soooo pretty.

photo-3.jpg

Nymbus (12 yo) is my boyfriend's cat, who despite her age, is still probably the most energetic of all the cats. She comes off as a bit of a grump, and is not a fan of the other cats who are trying to take over her house, but she can get extremely cuddly with her humans. You should see her curl up like a baby in his arms. It's a little ridiculous.

She's a bit redder than usual in this photo - it was after she got a bit bleached after a run in with a skunk last summer. It was awful. :P

photo-4.jpg

Here's my favourite picture of my cats... Shoulda named them yin and yang!

photo-1-e1333630315177.jpg

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

YES! I, too, love an opportunity to show off my kittehs. They greet me at the door when I come home and follow me around the apartment.. when they aren't sleeping. Gray kitteh--Hedywnn, Tuxedo kitteh- Solomon the Magnificent (we thought she was a boy kitty but she grew and no balls did..oops).

When they are not sleeping

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2432[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2433[/ATTACH]

they are being ridiculous(ly cute)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2434[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2435[/ATTACH]

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

My dog D'Argo. He's not the brightest to be honest...

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that - my dog (Breslin) is too smart for his own good! Anyway, as much trouble as he causes, I wouldn't trade him for anything - and he makes a great running partner. First 2 are from about a year ago, third one from when he was a puppy (because, you know, puppies are cute).

Breslin2.jpg

Breslin3.jpg

Breslin1.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2439[/ATTACH]

Addie the Bossy Aussie, whom we lost last month. She was also known as Staplemouth and Jaws- she hated toys but loved to munch on her humans.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2440[/ATTACH]

Skip the Aussie- he's now Big Skip but this is my favorite WeeSkip picture. His nickname is Ballboy because unless he's eating, he's playing with his tennis ball.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2441[/ATTACH]

Rorry the Belgian Sheepdog. He loves his people- at high speed with great enthusiasm! He's warning off a moose in that shot.

post-5077-13567243503512_thumb.jpg

post-5077-13567243503762_thumb.jpg

post-5077-13567243504009_thumb.jpg

I use the basic uploader since I am not a member/fan of any photo sharing sites. The other 'from computer' uploader never works for me.

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

I haven't owned a pet in a number of years (since I moved up to DC), but this is BT....my buddy from many years ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2448[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2449[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2450[/ATTACH]

The last pet I actually owned before moving was a Boa, but I don't have any pics of him on my phone. However, I do have a very loyal companion. He is my traveling and drinking buddy, and bonus points if you know who he is :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2451[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2452[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2453[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2454[/ATTACH]

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Pet rebels (pics not loading... grrrr) include my beloved orange and white tabby Jamon (yes, he is named after meat) who I've had since he was left at a vet's when he was 6 weeks old, my amazing double rescue cat Haggis (again with the meat...) who has had a host of health problems and with being rescued twice is the best boy ever!, and my latest Hemingway who was hand raised by our vet tech after her mother was killed by a car. She's got extra toes....

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

AH! All these doggies make me want to squee! So many cute puppy faces. MtjaM: that picture is great. I love that hair color, too. Love the vibrant red.

Curious George? Travel buddies are great! My friends have a friend named Pierre....

Good guess, but nope. He has been on a couple TV shows as a drinking mascot. I love Pierre...that is awesome! I love travel buddies. This guy accompanied me to Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, and Lisbon a couple years back. He's always up for a good night out for drinking occasions (NYE, and most recently the DC ShamrockFest).

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*