Hi all, I’ve been browsing the forum for a few months and thought I’d introduce myself so I can start asking a few questions. 

I’m 37, father of 3, trying to figure out how to work around some injuries and develop a lifting program that works for me. I’m primarily interested in 1) picking up heavy things, 2) not needing a rascal scooter , and  3) not dying earlier than I should. 

I’ve done a lot of dumb things in a weight room as a younger man. I’m trying to be a bit smarter about it this time. I’ll try not to wear out my welcome asking too many questions. Maybe someday I’ll have something to contribute to other newbies.

• Like 1

Mactavish - thanks, I’m certainly trying to be more cautious than I have in the past.

djryanash -well just to name a few; as a teenager squatting in a smith machine with far more weight than I could really handle, going to partial depth with a huge arch in my back. Then totally neglecting my weakest areas due to ego and ignorance, resulting in some imbalances that I think led to some injuries. 

The dumbest was admittedly not in a weight room but my own living room, trying to do a bodyweight shoulder press with my legs on an exercise ball, immmediately tearing my labrum. 

There were some music choices I’m not proud of.