Hi. I'm Hailey.

I work as an audio-visual tech. This means I run sound, produce audio recordings, troubleshoot/research equipment, set up sound equipment and systems, and train people on how to use all the stuff. It's pretty fun, but I really want to be a composer. But the time will come for that.

I'm 23 years old, 5'2" (hobbit) and 126 pounds. I've never been a traditionally athletic sort of person. Somehow I survived growing up eating mostly processed foods and never eating any vegetables. Ever. Crazy, right? I've never been overweight. Most people say that I'm "tiny" or in "great shape" or ask me if I work out. But really I'm just skinny-fat. But I know I have the potential to look smoking hot. I've done it before.

The real point is, though, now that I'm in my 20s, with so much real life ahead of me, I want to build the right lifestyle so I don't have to correct it later on. I want to feel healthy. I want my (someday) kids to be able to have a good example to follow. Oh, and I want to date Batman. That's good too.

Practically, this means a few things:

• Eat all the vegetables, and less of the carb things. At least, in my case, processed carbs. To simplify it, I want to be in a habit of thinking, "Hey, will this food nourish me?" before I eat anything. Right now, I'm doing better on my diet than I ever have on my life, though I still have a long way to go.
  • Keep doing the yoga. I currently do about 10-15 minutes every night because it makes me feel amazing. I would like to increase this to 30 minutes.
  • Walk all the steps. 10,000 steps used to be easy. I want to start walking after work every day. Should be good for my brain, too.
  • Get back into strength training. I took a long break from my bodyweight routine since summer because I messed up my hips from running (because I didn't know what I was doing). But I've always loved working out with weights. I'm going to start bodyweight workouts for now, then I need to evaluate if I really want to brave the gym.

Being on this site is really weird for me because I've never been one to talk about my body, or other people's bodies, or any of that. But I know that if I want to be healthy, I'll need accountability, so here goes.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TheHailey said:

Being on this site is really weird for me because I've never been one to talk about my body, or other people's bodies, or any of that. But I know that if I want to be healthy, I'll need accountability, so here goes.

Right!? It feels really alien at first but you kinda get used to it after a while :)

Sounds like you've already got some plans on what you want to do! Welcome aboard and you'll find an abundance of people that are knowledgeable and helpful all you gotta do is ask.

Again welcome to the Forum!

Douglas

• Like 1

You can become a Hero. 

Hey! Welcome on board!

It sounds like you've got a fairly solid plan for where you want to go, all of your goals sound really good. Have you found your way around the forum ok? If you have any questions then just ask. It can be kinda daunting when there's so many different aspects. 

If you don't mind me asking, what's your thoughts on eating more veg? I mean, if you never ate any before then is it going to be hard for you to start eating them? Do you dislike veg or was it just that they never featured in your food choices? It's a theme that comes up a lot and there's usually a couple of threads on the go about recepies to make veg more appetising or even a Veg of the Day challenge. I'm not sure if that's still going, if not I should try and start one up again... :D 

The other thing I was going to ask was if you had thought about joining in with the next challenge? It would be a great way for you to keep track of your progress, get some accountability and get to know other members. If you need any help or info then just shout. Not literally shout, that would be a bit pointless and people will look at you strange, but metaphorically. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 1/3/2017 at 9:58 PM, Guzzi said:

If you don't mind me asking, what's your thoughts on eating more veg? I mean, if you never ate any before then is it going to be hard for you to start eating them? Do you dislike veg or was it just that they never featured in your food choices?

Kind of both. My dad eats super unhealthy, so my mom had a hard time getting us as kids to eat our vegetables as well. I never even tried to start eating vegetables regularly until this last year. But it is working. I'm finding that what I did is very similar to the NF guide How to Start Eating Vegetables. I started this before I found Nerd Fitness, but it's basically the same process. Find one you like, get used to eating it, add another, etc.

On 1/3/2017 at 9:58 PM, Guzzi said:

The other thing I was going to ask was if you had thought about joining in with the next challenge?

I did consider it, though instead I started a daily log in the Daily Battle Logs area of the forums. I probably will do a challenge sometime in the future though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheHailey said:

I'm finding that what I did is very similar to the NF guide How to Start Eating Vegetables. I started this before I found Nerd Fitness, but it's basically the same process. Find one you like, get used to eating it, add another, etc.

Oooh! Thanks for that link! I've bookmarked it so I can share it whenever someone asks about veggies. :) 

Just a "heads up" that if you're looking for accountability, you probably won't see many visitors to your battle log until you've made a few friends. People just don't tend to look at other people's logs unless they either know them or they have similar goals (you can use tags on your log to let others see yours).  There will be other people with similar goals to you and there are accountability groups that you can join (or start your own if you want) where you will meet other people who you can support and vice versa. 

Or, since you have yoga as a goal, you could join in the chat thread in the druids section of the challenge forum. You don't need to take part in the 4 Week Challenge to be welcome there, or any of the other guilds either. Also, have a thought about following some people's challenge threads since that's a good way to make friends which in turn is the best way to get some accountability. 

See you around? ;) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

You're not alone there, quite a few members are introverts. There is even a thread called "Introverts, and the terror of talking to people" (or something like that) in The Pub somewhere. It might have dropped down a page or two but it will still be there. ;)