Forums are back in action! ×

Restore, Restart (but haven't quit yet)

A while back, I got onto NerdFitness. I was doing really well. Made a few challenges, got through a few personal milestones.

Then the issues started. I moved jobs, moved states, started new medications, figured out that the old ones weren't working and started other ones. I started my own freelancing business and it ate up most of my time. I started eating takeaway more often than not just because I was so tired. I stopped getting to my scheduled exercise for various reasons.

So we're starting again. We might be starting from Square 1, but we're starting again. Easing into it, because I'm still low on time and low on average energy, and I'm determined not to burn out again (as I always say, roughly a week before I burn out).

Don't know what else to say here, except here we go, Player One Press Start, Loading Last Save, and hope to get back into the great community here :)

• Like 5

My Character

Current Challenge: Starting from the Start

6 hours ago, VellaMal said:

A while back, I got onto NerdFitness. I was doing really well. Made a few challenges, got through a few personal milestones.

Then the issues started. I moved jobs, moved states, started new medications, figured out that the old ones weren't working and started other ones. I started my own freelancing business and it ate up most of my time. I started eating takeaway more often than not just because I was so tired. I stopped getting to my scheduled exercise for various reasons.

So we're starting again. We might be starting from Square 1, but we're starting again. Easing into it, because I'm still low on time and low on average energy, and I'm determined not to burn out again (as I always say, roughly a week before I burn out).

Don't know what else to say here, except here we go, Player One Press Start, Loading Last Save, and hope to get back into the great community here :)

Hey!! I'm starting over again!! Are you gonna be participating on the next challenge? We could support each other ^^

One of the reasons I actually got back all the weight I had before was because I moved to another house/job, and ended up eating crap in the process as well... Can't believe it was so easy and then so hard to let it go!

Anyways :) good luck!

• Like 1

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

NODDY'S ENTERS THE HISTORIC RUINS (challenge)

Race: Half Demon | Class: Adventurer | Character sheet

- - -

DeviantArt

34 minutes ago, Nadoriel said:

Hey!! I'm starting over again!! Are you gonna be participating on the next challenge? We could support each other ^^

One of the reasons I actually got back all the weight I had before was because I moved to another house/job, and ended up eating crap in the process as well... Can't believe it was so easy and then so hard to let it go!

Anyways :) good luck!

Yeah, for sure! We absolutely could - that would be amazing :)

Yuuuup that was me last month ... deadlines everywhere and it's just easier to make people bring me noodles than actually make the effort to figure out what to make, and go shopping, and make food, and clean up ...

Good luck to you, too! Hope to see you around the forums!

• Like 1

My Character

Welcome back and good luck!! I had the 'I am too tired to think what to cook' problem too, now x always keep a bag of mixed vegetables in the freezer and the recipe is:

- 2 fists of vegetables

- 1 palm of shrimps or mince meat or 1 fist of nuts (optional)

- a sprinkle of seeds (optional)

- 1 spoon of olive oil or soy sauce

Cook for 5-10 minutes

And it is quickier than take away! If you avoid the meat/shrimps you could micowave with a bit of water and save washing one pot.

Hope it helps (beside when you move house...)

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Thanks! I'll keep that recipe on hand - it sounds like a great fallback option! I always keep some backup frozen veggies in the fridge - best tip I ever got from this forum honestly.

At the moment, I'm working out a couple of pre-fabricated meal plans so that if I'm too tired to plan one week I at least have something low-thought to fall back on and make. I've put together some meals this weekend and labelled them with what they are and how many calories and macros are in each serve. Now I've got to do the same for lunches and snacks, and I think I'll have a workable system that isn't going to take too much extra effort to use :D

My Character

Glad to hear you're starting back up! I'm in a similar boat except I came back because I remembered it was a thing. lol You can do this! Just keep at it one step at a time. When you get right down to it that's really how you accomplish anything and everything. Feel free to message me if you ever need to chat about anything! I'm happy to listen and offer advice. :D

I'm training to be (like) Batman physically, mentally, and financially.

10 hours ago, Roamer said:

Glad to hear you're starting back up! I'm in a similar boat except I came back because I remembered it was a thing. lol You can do this! Just keep at it one step at a time. When you get right down to it that's really how you accomplish anything and everything. Feel free to message me if you ever need to chat about anything! I'm happy to listen and offer advice. :D

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind :)

Keeping it one step at a time is definitely A Thing for me - I tend to get an idea, dive 120% into it and then burn out, so it's actually  going to be hard keeping things to a manageable pace ... 

My Character

On 04/08/2017 at 5:17 AM, VellaMal said:

100% Same! I even started looking for fitness help and came to realise I actually signed up for this years ago then forgot about it! Time to get back on the wagon! Then off. Then On... in a cross fitness type movement. Are you feeling better after a change of meds?