Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new here, thought I'd say hi and tell you what I have been up to. I have been on a mission these few months to be stronger and more active, since I have a sedentary job. Started wanting to do at least 10 min of activity a day with bodyweight exercises mixed in, so that I can feel strong and not be out of energy.

A little bit about me - I'm 23, female, and I have been told I am 'underweight' all my life (genetics). I hover around the 100 pound mark all the time (at over 5'7 height) and this is the first time that regular exercise hasn't lead to me loosing weight. So I think I must be doing something right. Currently I eat when I'm hungry and try for variety but otherwise I don't really count calories or anything, exercise till I am out of breath (mostly the bodyweight beginner exercise I found on the page, with slight variations plus crunches at times) and throwing in dancing as cardio since running is hard to do in this town.

One of the things with me is that I don't have access to a gym due to financial reasons (or any gear - any weight I need is a pile of heavy encyclopedias in a suitcase) or the option to change up my diet in a profound way (but it's mostly dairy, pasta, boiled sausage-chicken and beef plus other meat when I can afford it, bread high in fiber and low in sugar, mushrooms, peas, tomatoes, beans and corn, coupled with fruit when I can get it). I do eat processed things but I cook all the food I eat. I rarely eat junk food, but I don't deprive myself of anything and that is a big deal for me.

So there ya go. I hope to use this place for some extra encouragement and for someone to scream at me if I am doing something horribly wrong.

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Hi, welcome!

I never go to a gym either. I do a lot of bodyweight stuff and exercise with what I can find. Like, for pull-ups I found a playground near me with monkey bars.

The trick to getting stronger is to eat enough food (and protein), don't overdo it, and be consistent.  And definitely make sure you aren't losing weight! Once you're comfortable with your exercises, you'll actually want to start gaining weight (building up your muscles).

The four week challenges are great for extra support and encouragement. We're halfway through the current challenge now, but feel free to join in, or just drop by the Rebels guild and say hi! (More info about the challenges is here: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/help.html/4-week-challenges/challenge-instructions-and-faq/)

Good luck! :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Thanks for the tips. I'll try and include some more protein when I can get it.

I usually don't have a problem eating enough (that is one thing that shuts people up from talking about my weight) and while I started working out in May this year, I have only started getting consistent this month (and actually I have gained 2ish pounds, which is a big deal. :D 

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive