Forums are back in action! ×

NF User Videos

Thrillho

So I got to wondering: wouldn't it be cool if we could pool our collective knowledge and skills into a series of videos? Not just fitness stuff, but all sorts of things. Almost everyone here is probably awesome enough at SOMETHING to make a short video of it.

I admit, I started this train of thought because I wanted an excuse to post some little instructional videos for martial arts, since as out of shape as I am that's still something I can perform better than most of the non-combat-oriented nerds on here, but when I remembered there's dozens of martial artists on here who're better than ME, maybe I can just leave that part up to them.

But the thought remained that we could have a whole series of Nerd Videos... call them NED Talks or something. Nerdy Educational Discussions. You nerds got a lot to say.

What do you think?

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I really like this idea! Trying to think of what I might be able to contribute. It'd most likely be outside of fitness, but I could come up with something.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Isn't this what the Rangers are working on? Are you part of that discussion? I lose track :P

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Isn't this what the Rangers are working on? Are you part of that discussion? I lose track :P

I really hadn't followed those discussions closely, but I figured those would be mostly CF and other types of fitness skills. Maybe I need to jump into those discussions and see what they're about.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Also (so far) knot tying, meditation, sewing, and making chainmail! We're working on other things too!

Oh... er... in that case, please ignore this thread.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

No need to ignore thread! I think 1. NED talks is the best name I've heard yet. I'd like to do a write in vote for that over what I voted in the other thread, and 2. that it could only be better as a whole NF thing rather than a 'those of us who may or may not be rangery folks' thing. More people would be involved (as many may not see or read the ranger threads) and..well.. there is no and.. that would just be awesome.

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Yeah, there's been talking of expanding it to all the NF classes and bringing in "guest lecturers." Maybe we ought to just open it up for general discussion... like... maybe here. :D Ready, set, discuss!

Ahem (puts on Groucho glasses)

"IIIIIII don't know what you have to say/it makes no difference anyway/what ever it is, I'm against it..."

(Not really. I've just been waiting to use that one for a while).

I'm actually very very for this.

Ahem (puts on Groucho glasses)

"IIIIIII don't know what you have to say/it makes no difference anyway/what ever it is, I'm against it..."

(Not really. I've just been waiting to use that one for a while).

I'm actually very very for this.

*puts on Harpo wig and puts foot in Perry's hand while he talks*

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

One of my brothers was quite a fan when we were young. I can't say that I've seen a lot of their stuff (and was too young to remember much), but I DO love them... and probably need to brush up on some knowledge. And I loved the "I Love Lucy" episode with Harpo :D You're not alone, Perry, I have to explain references to people ALL the time too.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Oh, there are a lot of people who don't know the Marx brothers.... and you know what? Sadder still, I think there are a lot of people that don't know who the Three Stooges are... and I think they were a bit wider-spread. Well, now they're making another Stooges movie, so people will become familiar with them... sort of. And even sadder still.... there were those stupid tweeters that thought the Titanic was only a movie... :P

I would just like it known that this thread, every bit of it, has made me smile.

Vids? Awesome idea. Super resource.

Marx bros? Classic. So many amazing lines. But I can't read them inside this dog.

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

I really hadn't followed those discussions closely, but I figured those would be mostly CF and other types of fitness skills. Maybe I need to jump into those discussions and see what they're about.

Rangers are multi-class so it's really going to encompass a lot of things. It is in no way, shape, or form related to just CrossFit.

Secondly, I like the idea of NF Ranger videos. Other classes could pull resources and make their own videos as well. I like that they're class specific but still Nerd Fitness.

My generation is full of uncultured degenerates. It's a fact that I've had to make peace with :-/

I know people who actually PREFER THE STOOGES TO THE MARX BROS! This is blasphemy of the highest order.

People prefer the stooges? Really? :sad face:

I'm all for it (as I said in the poll). I do like the idea of it being open for everyone, maybe separate folders for stuff more specific to each class and a general "life skills" thing.

Lulu suggested the Training Grounds as a name in the poll thread, and I would like to suggest Apprenticeship. We would be learning from masters (our fellow rebels), so I think it kinda fits.

Just my 2 cents, though I wouldn't be able to contribute to any fitness related videos as of yet, and relatively few other skills either. I dabble, but certainly am no master, or even a journeyman for that matter, of any one skill.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Archived