Forums are back in action! ×

Cadavres Exquis on Parallettes [1 March - 11 March]

19 minutes ago, @mu said:

The diameter of the PVC tube is like 3.8 cm / 1.5 inch. Circumference is ~13.5cm.
I used a DIY tutorial for PVC parallettes, I can't remember which one though (something like this: https://www.kohlercreated.com/crossfit-home-gym-staple-diy-parallettes/)
I made the "feet" a bit longer to provide more support because they are higher.

Well, I just made the list with measurements, my father-in-law made them :lol: For assembly,  I think he went to a shop where they have a heat-base device to seal parts together.

I remember using glue for mine, but one of the legs was uneven, because I didn't think the glue would work that fast :P.

Thinking of ordering for a higher set like yours. And then at one point build love and heigh wooden paralettes :D, one of the end pieces of the feet broke off, and the right paralette started to rip all the way trough, so at one point i'll fall right on my bum :D

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

oh yeah wooden classy ones :P

so far mine have been quite resistant, they are bending a little bit here and there and the feet are not as straight as they used to be (they have turned a bit, one is visibly coming inward).  But so far so good.

I like that height too, with props, it's versatile enough. Except for working handstands, I haven't really tried yet. I would need to get some prop to jump from.... I have no space to bail out on the side. I don't mind rolling out of it, I do it for handstands on the floor or for failed bent arm presses on parallettes. But the added height is still a bit...scary.

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

9 minutes ago, @mu said:

oh yeah wooden classy ones :P

so far mine have been quite resistant, they are bending a little bit here and there and the feet are not as straight as they used to be (they have turned a bit, one is visibly coming inward).  But so far so good.

I like that height too, with props, it's versatile enough. Except for working handstands, I haven't really tried yet. I would need to get some prop to jump from.... I have no space to bail out on the side. I don't mind rolling out of it, I do it for handstands on the floor or for failed bent arm presses on parallettes. But the added height is still a bit...scary.

well mine did it when I tried to jump trough, from a raised sofa, with a current weight of 93 kgs so I guess that makes sense, with the acceleration and all :D 

I try to do handstand on blocks as well, and done on paralettes against the wall :D

Be like water my friend

Wow, our flow is getting so long. I did it after my workout, and about half way through my arms were shaking.:) I think my form is improving though. I added a one legged plank

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Wow, our flow is getting so long.

Yes, it is! I'm also feeling it!

I have an idea for a next move that will not be using the arms, to get some "rest" :lol: I hope it works out. Stay tuned :D

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

15 hours ago, Norgaard said:

I guess that makes sense, with the acceleration and all :D 

:D but it is the case indeed

15 hours ago, Norgaard said:

I try to do handstand on blocks as well, and done on paralettes against the wall :D

That's great. Maybe I could use the silks to provide assistance, my issue is still to jump into it, precisely because of weight and acceleration and all, I don't trust myself right now :lol:

52 minutes ago, @mu said:

Yes, it is! I'm also feeling it!

I have an idea for a next move that will not be using the arms, to get some "rest" :lol: I hope it works out. Stay tuned :D

That would be nice.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Wow, our flow is getting so long. I did it after my workout, and about half way through my arms were shaking.:) I think my form is improving though. I added a one legged plank

I thought of doing the same with the side plank :D

ill shoot mine later today.

and yes I believe your moves looks even crisper now! You go girl!

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

1 hour ago, @mu said:

:D but it is the case indeed

That's great. Maybe I could use the silks to provide assistance, my issue is still to jump into it, precisely because of weight and acceleration and all, I don't trust myself right now :lol:

I don’t have the fear I just can’t find tr balance :D

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

ok for this one, you may want to check it out before hand to see what space between the bars you like most, it's hand free but it can get a bit painful elsewhere!

The current sequence is:

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

4. Norgaard / 1-leg L-sit R

5. @mu / table top

6. Norgaard / leg lift in table top R

7. @mu / crossed-legged triceps dip R

8. Norgaard / front split L

9. Elastigirl / pushup

10. @mu / side plank L

11. Norgaard / side plank R

12. Elastigirl / 1-leg plank L extended

13. @mu / front balance aka superwoman

14. Norgaard

15. Elastigirl

Elastigirl, don't forget the leg lift in table top, you missed it in your last video, everything else was spot on otherwise!

@Norgaard your turn now :P

• Like 1

Sequence reminder:

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

5. @mu / table top

9. Elastigirl / pushup

10. @mu / side plank L

14. Norgaard / middle split

15. Elastigirl

That's great guys. You both are so strong.

@Norgaard I love your superwoman.

I'm going to wait and post mine tomorrow. That way I have a bit of time to practice the moves you guys added.

Ok Here's my new video with a Left leg L-sit. I forgot the hook legged on the tricep. This was actually my second filming, the first one I forgot the L-sit. Ah well, memory test fail:)

• Like 1

Awesome! This sequence is getting so long! But it's good practice on so many levels. I will try to get something today.

Recap:

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

5. @mu / table top

9. Elastigirl / pushup

10. @mu / side plank L

14. Norgaard / middle split

15. Elastigirl / 1-leg L-sit L

16. @mu