Forums are back in action! ×

Cadavres Exquis on Parallettes [1 March - 11 March]

Pfiou, I had to do 3 takes today, I kept forgetting moves and my own new move required some practice. It's meant to be a double elbow lever progression. The last time I tried this, my legs were very low but now it's the opposite :blink: I ended up quite high (it was easier than horizontal, I couldn't lower much more without crashing out of it). 

The current order is:

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

4. Norgaard / 1-leg L-sit R

5. @mu / table top

6. Norgaard / leg lift in table top R

7. @mu / crossed-legged triceps dip R

8. Norgaard / front split L

9. Elastigirl / pushup

10. @mu / side plank L

11. Norgaard / side plank R

12. Elastigirl / 1-leg plank L extended

13. @mu / front balance aka superwoman

14. Norgaard / middle split

15. Elastigirl / 1-leg L-sit L

16. @mu / double elbow lever progression

17. Norgaard

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

So what are the moves you find the hardest and the easiest (relatively speaking :lol: )?

For me, the leg lift in table top followed by triceps dips, and the second L-sit are little killers. In comparison, the side planks are almost relaxing :D

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

3 hours ago, @mu said:

So what are the moves you find the hardest and the easiest (relatively speaking :lol: )?

For me, the leg lift in table top followed by triceps dips, and the second L-sit are little killers. In comparison, the side planks are almost relaxing :D

The space! And the jump trough. and I’m dreading the lever. My lateral shoulder rotation is so bad so I can’t normally do a double elbow lever so let’s see :D

Be like water my friend

Hardest for me is the swing and the front split, and of course remembering whatI'm supposed to do.:lol: Easiest is the plank. I'm pretty sure I can't do the double elbow level, especially after all the other moves. I'll keep my feet on the ground. I'll practice today and do a new move tomorrow.

@Norgaard why do you have a skeleton? And why is it wearing pearls?:)

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

30 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Hardest for me is the swing and the front split, and of course remembering whatI'm supposed to do.:lol: Easiest is the plank. I'm pretty sure I can't do the double elbow level, especially after all the other moves. I'll keep my feet on the ground. I'll practice today and do a new move tomorrow.

@Norgaard why do you have a skeleton? And why is it wearing pearls?:)

His name is max. He lives her because he help

paying the rent, and he wears pearls because he is fabulous ;). He wear different hats as well :D

he moved in before my anatomy examn and now he is part of the familiy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Be like water my friend

5 hours ago, Norgaard said:

paying the rent, and he wears pearls because he is fabulous ;). He wear different hats as well :D

That's aweosme:)

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

12 hours ago, Norgaard said:

:D:D always great to have a skeleton in your closet :P

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Hardest for me is the swing and the front split, and of course remembering whatI'm supposed to do.:lol: Easiest is the plank.

Yep remembering the flow is getting hard. I also find transitions a bit difficult, like a middle move to work on as well.

Your plank is great. One of your videos has the 1-leg plank as thumbnail and it looks very very pretty. Strong and elegant.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Norgaard said:

shoulders don’t want to cooperate with the lever ended up in more of a tuck hold, I’ll work on that 

When I first tried, I also went for something more like a bent arm press hold with elbows in. Not sure why, maybe simply because of bent arm press practice, my body went there just out of habit. But I do find it difficult to get my arms at a 90 degree angle. In bent arm press it is obvious. I'm thinking of having an elbow lever practice now, it looks like it might help on top of assisted HSPUs to get the strength for that angle.

40 minutes ago, @mu said:

When I first tried, I also went for something more like a bent arm press hold with elbows in. Not sure why, maybe simply because of bent arm press practice, my body went there just out of habit. But I do find it difficult to get my arms at a 90 degree angle. In bent arm press it is obvious. I'm thinking of having an elbow lever practice now, it looks like it might help on top of assisted HSPUs to get the strength for that angle.

Yeah they are scary!!

and the lever could be a good benchmark for my shoulder mobility for next PvP!!

Be like water my friend

Alright, here's my video- plank with right leg raised. I think my form shows how tired I was. I'm super busy this weekend, so this is my last video post. If you guys want to do another round of new moves, just skip my turn.

• Like 1

Well done Elastigirl! I'm also quite fried now. I had to do it 4 times! I forgot a move, the cat jumped on the camera, then I forgot to add my move.... I am DEAD! The transition from elbow lever to straddle hold is a KILLER.

My move is a low key standing pike on parallettes :P

Norgaard, feel free to add one move. This one is my last contribution I think because tomorrow is the end of the challenge and I don't think I will have time to add to it after you.

Then we can relax :D and maybe we can all do the complete sequence a last time and post it. On our time, no need to rush.

Sequence reminder:

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

5. @mu / table top

9. Elastigirl / pushup

10. @mu / side plank L

17. Norgaard / straddle hold

18. Elastigirl / 1-leg plank R extended

19. @mu / standing pike on parallettes

20. Norgaard ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Norgaard said:

To be fair I fell on my ass a few times in that transition :D

That has happened to me too :D What are you up too? Everything's all right?

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks for letting me play along  and setting up the PVP.I had fun!

Same thing here, great fun to wait for the next move.I really enjoyed that and you guys gave me a few new ideas. And wow, it was a long sequence!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, @mu said:

That has happened to me too :D What are you up too? Everything's all right?

Same thing here, great fun to wait for the next move.I really enjoyed that and you guys gave me a few new ideas. And wow, it was a long sequence!

Just been super super busy! And I can feel my paralettes are low  on the straddle, so hard to

keep the feet of the ground :D.  I’ll do the last move today :D

Be like water my friend

Niiiiice! Very clean movements and transitions, really it shows. So the final movement is a squat!

The full final sequence is therefore:

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

5. @mu / table top

9. Elastigirl / pushup

10. @mu / side plank L

17. Norgaard / straddle hold

18. Elastigirl / 1-leg plank R extended

19. @mu / standing pike on parallettes

20. Norgaard / to squat on parallettes

20 moves!!!

I will have a go in the coming days :) 

Elastigirl, do you feel like joining us for the final show?

5 hours ago, @mu said:

Elastigirl, do you feel like joining us for the final show?

I'm not sure. Id love to, but my workout program ramps up to 5 circuits next week, 6 days a week. So, I'm not sure I will have the time and energy. I may just go for a one shot no practice see how it turns out round.

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I'm not sure. Id love to, but my workout program ramps up to 5 circuits next week, 6 days a week. So, I'm not sure I will have the time and energy. I may just go for a one shot no practice see how it turns out round.

Ouch, tough week coming up! Good luck! Feel free to post whenever you have time, there is no rush in any case.

Here is my last. Not my most focused run I'm afraid, but I don't have time to run it again. In elbow lever to straddle I got one foot caught in the furniture and the cat meddling with the other... She was upset that I used her spot this morning.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, @mu said:

Ouch, tough week coming up! Good luck! Feel free to post whenever you have time, there is no rush in any case.

Here is my last. Not my most focused run I'm afraid, but I don't have time to run it again. In elbow lever to straddle I got one foot caught in the furniture and the cat meddling with the other... She was upset that I used her spot this morning.

Wow that squat in the end was beautiful!

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

1 hour ago, Norgaard said:

Wow that squat in the end was beautiful!

:D Asian style :P

Spoiler

There are European style toilets here of course, but more often they are on the ground, so I get a lot of practice :lol:
Sorry too much information maybe :D

I don't know you, but usually I prefer to have my feet slightly out, it was a bit unusual to have the feet in a straight line like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @mu said:

:D Asian style :P

Hide contents

There are European style toilets here of course, but more often they are on the ground, so I get a lot of practice :lol:
Sorry too much information maybe :D

I don't know you, but usually I prefer to have my feet slightly out, it was a bit unusual to have the feet in a straight line like this.

Well same here I have my feet pointed out due to my hips.

Where are you now? :).

And I looked at getting myself a oquattypot so I understand what you mean ;)

Be like water my friend