Forums are back in action! ×

There and Back Again

hello,

it has been too long. really, it has. i lost tracking on here after life got nuts (building the hobbit house--> hey, it is kind of sort of getting there! enough to live in and host parties, at least!, taking my big ole' certification exam, and the school year starting for my husband- he's a professor and has a UX consultancy business) and, well, excuses aside, i fell off the lifting weights/posting wagon. i've been trying to put together a workable home gym because getting to the fancy gym isn't happening due to the move and time crunch. this means these i'm forfeiting lifting heavy like days of yore and going for hiit and more moderate weight lifting w/ yoga thrown in there. is it my ideal? no, but it's something.

i've been doing the liift4 program + booty workout form 80 day obsession for the past month.  I'm not a big fan of the beachbody multilevel marketing schema but I am enjoying this program and it is working   until I can either get a squat rack here (i'm optimistic!) or get into a sensible schedule groove in which it is feasible to get to the gym.

why am i back?

* i probably have the most body fat % I've had since, well, pregnancy and post-partum and, therefore, ever. So, vanity is for sure an issue. I do know that I want to feel more in my body which regularly moving does for me. I'm going to go off my anti-depressants (or at least make a go of it). I've got some life goals lately- mostly involve keeping my brain stimulated (I do love hanging out with my wee toddler every day but I sometimes feel like my brain is atrophying), meal planning, plan in general (i jsut heard in my head "if you fail to plan you are planning to fail"...I am now that person, sigh), and non-fitness related stuff (keep up with hosting friends, writing letters, figure out my cricut machine- heyo to any other crafters out there, and get back into making art). 

* this community is darned supportive. i miss it!

what am i going to do differently?

* less verbose posts! plan more and plan to plan (lol, many plans), make time for myself and prioritize my workouts

* get my diet in line which means decrease in refined carbs, up in vegetables, less mindless snacking of wee child's munchies

**Not sure if i'll do a challenge this go round? maybe just keep on with my battle log to start

What else is new?

I cut my hair! 9 inches at points!  I have some new favorite podcasts if anyone is interested, current d&d campaign my ranger is a gloam stalker which has basically broke the game but is FANTASTIC (5e for the sophie win!), i'm learning how to make bread- yes, it is a process, and i'm curious about mead. 

Thank you all for reading this (oh shit, verbose) post! Let's get ready to ruuummmbllllle!!

Sophie

Image-1.jpg

• Like 2

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Welcome back!

What's wrong with verbosity? :P

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

11 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Welcome back!

What's wrong with verbosity? :P

It means I’m less likely to keep posting!

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Welcome back! Love the new hair, very cute.

thank you! it's a lot less of a bother!