Forums are back in action! ×

Mortimer's battle logs.

Dinner:

150g romaine lettuce 

5g of Cheddar cheese

20g pitted olives (need to clear the fridge again...) 

20g carrots

Yes I made a salad and ate it with mayo... I don't know if its a good thing or not but this mayo is sorta growing on me... 

20g shiitake mushroom 

70g chicken breast 

60g pork from pork ribs 

40g wong bok

• Like 1

Supper:

10g dried longans, ok I got a bit snacky.

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

Lunch:

180g pig heart

200g celery

20g carrot

20g shiitake mushroom

30g chicken

25 jump squats

20 push ups

15 reverse crunches

10 inverted rows

4 sets of the above done total

Dinner:

100g fish

70g chicken

One quarter cup of rice

200g qing bai

• Like 1

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

Lunch:

One bowl Aglio Olio macaroni.

Good news is I finished the Parmesan cheese, so now there's only pitted olives, mayo and mustard to use up in the fridge

5g parmesan cheese in salad

2 table spoons of japanese mayo

150g romaine lettuce

200g cucumber

20g carrots

100g miso tilapia

Did this with my mother in law:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuCKc5H9B2I

I think the difficulty is abit hard for her. Will find more suitable videos.

Dinner:

1.5 tau kwa

Some fish paste

100g char siew(tried making char siew myself - its chinese roasted pork)

http://hungerhunger.blogspot.com/2007/08/best-cha-sao-bbq-pork.html

200g kai lan

100g eggplant

30g okra

A bowl of rice

In the yong tau fu soup that I cook up for the family on saturdays, I will slowly swop out pieces of tau kwa and tau pok with vegetables - I've already tried stuffing okras and eggplants with the fish paste. More vegs.... ;)

Yong tau fu soup:

https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341860-yong-tau-foo-soup

• Like 1

Breakfast:

200g french beans with 250g tilapia

Ran about 20km or so ^^ As I said I'm not going to be bothered about pace since I can't switch off my fitness tracker at traffic lights. I don't wish to go to the parks as they're rather congested and I'm all about social distancing, so I'll find some deserted road to run.

Post run snack:

250 ml of ice lemon tea (clearing the fridge)

An apple

250 ml of strawberry flavored milk - meh I'll just drink whatever milk that's in the fridge. Rungry enough for that.

Lunch:

150g toasted salmon

90g cabbage + 1 egg

150g cauliflower with 30g of fish nuggets

300g turnip

2 slices bacon

40g breadcrumbs

Dinner:

120g pork

200g lotus roots

100g tofu

40 g salted egg fish

30 g peanuts

• Like 1

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

25 jump squats

20 push ups

10 inverted rows

15 reverse crunches

4 sets

Lunch:

70g soya beans

Some anchovies

200g turnip

10g carrots

100g fish

Dinner:

30g chicken

An orange

50g endives

30g barley

1/2 a tomato

50g iceberg lettuce

• Like 1

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

20 burpees x 5, first 3 sets with 1 min intervals, the rest the intervals were longer as I was on short sleep - 4 am start to go buy groceries at the wet market to avoid the crowd.

Morning snack:

One can of mocca coffee (told ya I was on short sleep - also cleaning up the fridge)

As per the article here:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/askst-when-do-i-need-to-wear-a-mask

I went around my neighbourhood without a mask (jog mode on) at noon and generally avoided people. At traffic lights where I need to stop, I jog on the spot to fulfill the criteria of static exercises. I'm not above rule lawyering sometimes...

Lunch:

30g pork from pork ribs

70g green beans

220g pig heart

200g bean sprouts

• Like 1

Dinner:

30g pork from pork ribs

30g chicken

200g xiao bai cai

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

70g chicken thigh

1 tomato

Lunch:

70g pollock with dark soya sauce and onion

200g nai bai

30g cabbage

10g carrots

30g pork from pork ribs

25 jump squats

20 push ups

10 inverted rows

15 reverse crunches

4 sets

Got some people rushing me for stuff on my groceries day and got stressed so I did binge eat a bit.

Dinner:

3 cookies, one Ferrero Rocher

30g pork from pork ribs, 50g cabbage

30g chicken, 100g tofu

150g endives

1 jujube

10g wolf berries

I also have this sneaking suspicion that I may need to plop out another vegetable dish when my husband is eating at home - I suspect the leafies aren't quite filing enough. Also I may be lacking protein(current weight is 49.8 kg - I do not know if I am losing muscle mass or not - I would not be surprised if I am since I'm only doing body weight training and I'm running like a loon for orna - looking at 8 km daily - granted, I do a leisurely jog and stop to jog on the spot when I hit a dungeon, but still we're talking about covering 8 km in 1h 10 min). I will probably come up with some candidates that he won't eat, but the rest of the family will. Like eggplants, snake gourds, things that don't need to be stored in the fridge.

Breakfast:

200g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken thigh

1 tomato

Received from Gov.sg that now we need to bring proof of identity to markets, supermarkets and malls. Sigh...they're tightening things again. Even exercise they're saying that you should only go alone, and not even with family members. I've been doing it alone all this while anyway - my hubbie definitely is not trained for running 8km straight. He'd be flat after the first 3 or so.

100 burpees, broken into 5 sets of 20. Not very on form today so did not really set myself on 1 min break timer. My shoulders are a tad achish

Lunch:

100g mung beans - trying to use up the mung beans and making curry....I think it was a tad spicy.

100g fish

250g romaine lettuce

30g carrot

150g cucumber

3 tablespoons of japanese mayonaise

3 olives

• Like 1

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

Lunch(got hijacked as mother in law managed to get her hands on some black vinegar gravy):

https://www.theburningkitchen.com/pig-trotter-vinegar/

I opted to use the front hock of the pig and also chose a fattier cut - but did NOT cook enough portion for lunch and dinner. I mean if you're going to indulge in red meat, you must as well do things right. Turned out pretty good actually ;) Hey, I actually make a decent cook, that is if I decide to let lose dietary restrictions.

1 egg in black vinegar gravy

1.5 tau kwa in black vinegar gravy

Beancurd skin in black vinegar gravy

60 g of pork in black vinegar gravy

200g of nai bai

25 jump squats

20 push ups

10 inverted rows - damn someone parked their motorbike in the motorbike parking lot where I do my inverted rows...I used a ramp with sidebars to do it instead=( I realized the top of the multi storey carpark there is a possibility to do pull ups in an empty carpark lot. I may do it instead of inverted rows...will bring my resistance band along.

15 reverse crunches

4 sets

Dinner:

200g endives

180g pork heart

70g cabbage

30g pork from pork ribs

10g cuttlefish

20g carrot

One orange

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

Finished up the last of the black vinegar gravy so that I don't get requests to do it again.

Lunch:

70g fish

250g romaine lettuce

30g carrot

150g cucumber

3 tablespoons of japanese mayonaise

5 olives

1 banana

Also I found out sad news a few days ago - the local run group is disbanding due to the decision made by the health promotion board that started that run group for as part of organized fitness activities. That's depressing. 

• Sad 1
47 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

front hock of the pig and also chose a fattier cut

I LOVE hock :) Especially fat-lined skin with lots of horse radish. 

50 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

there is a possibility to do pull ups

That's great news!

50 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

the local run group is disbanding

aaaand this is bas news... But at least you are not depending on others to get your mileage :) 

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

I don't care for pork skin very much. Im a small little bit so it's very easy for me to overeat. Even running 20k burns only aroind 900+ cals for me =(

Also I did the mustard pork roast using this:

https://www.food.com/recipe/dijon-mustard-pork-marinade-526408

20200502_162740.jpg

Turned out okay but the taste was rather one dimensional. Meat was tender, salty and garlicky enough but not much else. Might try  a different variant next time. 

Like this one:

https://www.greers.com/recipe/71944

The first recipe could probably be improved with rosemary but i don't have any... 

I'm very interested in finishing those bottles of mustard in the fridge(just cleared up a bottle of black olives, now for the green ones), but I'm wondering how good an idea that much pork is lol. 

• Like 1

Dinner:

1.5 tau kwa

Half a tau pok

Some fish glue

40g soy nuts

120 g tenderloin

200g nai bai

A matcha kitkat and a marzipan chocolate (eh felt peckish)

Breakfast:

200g french beans

100g chicken breast

Ran about 23 km or so. It actually started raining on me when I was in the middle of nowhere(social distancing so I avoid places with people), and there was no way to abort the run, so I just kept running, rain lightened, then stopped. There wasn't anyone else on the road cos I think no one's crazy enough to run in the rain lolz =P Ran a little longer as the weather was cool and nice for running.

Post run snack:

1 lychee drink

1 glass of milk

1 apple

1 banana

Lunch:

300g turnip

2 slices bacon

100g brocolli

40g breadcrumbs

100g salmon

30g pork from pork rib

Dinner:

125g cabbage fried with 50g flour and 1 egg

70g fish

30 g pork from pork rib

200g lotus root

3 jujubes

30g groundnut

Half a large pear

I was trying to make an Okonomiyaki-ish thing to finish off the flour...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okonomiyaki

• Like 1

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

25 jump squats

20 push ups

10 inverted rows - back to my usual happy spot :P

15 reverse crunches

Push ups were a major pain probably due to run recovery issues..

Lunch:

300g turnip

30g carrot

One egg

25g minced chicken

I did a steamed egg and chicken custard thing.

Dinner:

150g kai lan

70g snake gourd

Half a chicken leg

70g black beans

30g pork from pork ribs

Breakfast:

250g okra

100g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

Did 100 burpees in sets of 20 but didn't stick to 1 min break. Rather off form since I had a late night and woke up early this morning for groceries

Lunch:

30g water cress

One jujube

150g bean sprouts

180g pig heart

• Like 1

Dinner:

One packet of cookies

3 caramel matcha

Yeah clearing the fridge...besides when I'm on short sleep I start craving stuff ><

25g barley

Half a tomato

An orange 

Half a chicken leg 

60g pork from pork ribs 

150g kai lan

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

Cooked in salted egg sauce. It was surprisingly good. 

One packet of cookies

3 caramel matcha

Lunch:

150g brocolli

50g limpets

30g chicken 

100g salmon

25 jump squats

20 push ups

10 inverted rows - someone parked their motorbike in my inverted row spot, but I found a nice path with grab bars I can use. Only drawback is its outdoors.

15 reverse crunches

Dinner:

120g chicken 

3 chicken wings 

100g miso eggplant

200g endives 

0.2 cup of rice 

One banana

I've been sneakily reducing the amount of white rice being cooked, but I need to compensate with more other dishes - else I get my proteins eaten up. Like miso Eggplants and curry barley are nice distractions. I've also increased the protein portions - I'll

l bake tenderloin 500g at a time and today I served 1 kg of honey sesame chicken wings. 

Today was a rather hectic day, sanity wise. Groceries + busy at work = meh on sanity meter. Leaving the washing detergent behind in the train because I was busy answering a work call didn't help either ><

Things should be easier because from now on that I've used most of the supermarket vouchers save one, so I'll go to the wet market for my chicken and get the seller to chop it the way I want it, so it'll save me some time. 

And on the bright side today was a good fridge clearing day. I used up the miso seasoning fish and cooking eggplant, as well as clearing up the salted egg paste. Now to finish the mayonnaise, dijon mustard and spare flour in the fridge. 

• Like 2

Sounds you are doing pretty good despite restrictions - overhauling family's eating, squeezing workouts in and working on top of it all... 

But don't let yourself to ride on the sleep deficit for too long - it will soon kick you back. Maybe you could ask your hubby for groceries once in a while and get extra hour of sleep?

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

Lunch:

70g mung beans in half a tomato in curry (okay, I have a bean problem. When I get started its hard for me to stop =P)

120g pollock in lemon parsley

200g spinach

30g chicken

Half a banana

100 burpees broken up into sets of 20. Took longer then 1 min break between sets. Think the lack of sleep is adding up.

Also did this with my mother in law - first time in few days we've been able to exercise together:

The animal movements are surprisingly hard - I have issues with the duck walk and frog jumping/bunny hopping for long durations of time IS tiring. I suspect its that my ankle mobility isn't that good.

Tea break:

3  bowls of white fungus, jujube and longan soup - no sugar added.

Dinner:

30g chicken

100g pork tenderloin char siew

180g cabbage fried with 80g flour and an onion and an egg - okonomiyaki isn't quite working out - sigh. I think I'll finish the flour as my post run rations as I need the calories then.

• Like 1

I've discovered what to do with the mustard sauce in the fridge.

Being inspired by this:

https://cafedelites.com/honey-mustard-chicken-stir-frythis

I fried my okra, shroom and chicken mix with mustard sauce, but found it a little too sour and sharp.

Adding some Worcestershire sauce (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcestershire_sauce) and kecap manis(url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_soy_sauce) rounded it out. So that bottle of mustard is going to disappear pretty soon as I get to business.

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

25 jump squats

20 push ups

10 inverted rows - now using path railings for inverted rows - does the height you're doing inverted rows at increase/decrease the difficulty?  These bars are hip height, nope, I don't get to choose the height lolz

15 reverse crunches

4 sets

Lunch:

180g pig heart

150g endives

50g lotus roots

Dinner:

30g pork from pork ribs

50g cucumber with a tablespoon of mayonaise

1.5 fried chicken thigh (Eh I was given for free 3 chillis from the vegetable seller and I was trying to figure out what to do with it so I did this: https://myfoodstory.com/easy-chinese-chilli-chicken-dry/)

100g lotus roots

200g kai lan

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

Lunch(mother's day celebration early - I don't want to end up rushing with the crowd):

150g duck

50g fish

200g xiao bai cai

Crab meat and fishmaw soup

Claypot tofu

Also I was told to go buy condensed milk so my mother and father in law could cook oats with condensed milk. I wonder if I could interest them in this(substitute almond milk with fresh milk):

https://runningonrealfood.com/simple-creamy-banana-oatmeal/

I bought a large bunch of bananas so I could test it out I suppose...

• Like 1

Dinner:

200g Kai Lan

150g pollock

40g fish

Breakfast:

150 french beans

100g chicken breast

6 olives

Ran about 16+km - was trying a different route and water is a serious issue - I had difficulties finding a toilet tap that I could drink out of - most of the toilets are closed due to Covid-19. And no water for a runner is like oh crap. I only carry about 500 ml with me at start - so I need to refuel midway.

Post run snack:

An apple

0.75 banana

A cup of milk

Lunch:

400g cauliflower

200g salmon

Cabbage pancakes made out of 60g flour, an egg and 100g cabbage

Tea break:

3 Papadams - was frying them and testing out quality.

Dinner:

200g pork

300g iceberg lettuce

200g lotus roots

30g peanuts

90g chicken

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Cabbage pancakes made out of 60g flour, an egg and 100g cabbage

Hmm... sounds interesting. Gotta try :) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

I was working on this one:

https://www.budgetbytes.com/savory-cabbage-pancakes-okonomiyaki/

But the amount of cabbage they're using is waaay too much, the pancake won't really hold. I halved the proportions, and dropped cabbage to 100g but I still think its not enough batter. 

Also mayo does nice, nice things to these pancakes and I forgot to put 3 tbsp of mayo on my last food log =P

• Like 1

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

25 jump squats

20 push ups - I had to take a break on last set of push ups. Seriously meh.

10 inverted rows - now using path railings for inverted rows - does the height you're doing inverted rows at increase/decrease the difficulty?  These bars are hip height, nope, I don't get to choose the height lolz

15 reverse crunches

4 sets

Lunch:

300g of turnip

20g carrot

10g dried shrimp

180g pork heart

100g pork

60g chicken

Teabreak:

20g of oats with some milk and half a banana. Yes I did the creamy banana oatmeal thing. Recipe:   https://runningonrealfood.com/simple-creamy-banana-oatmeal/

I'd say it turned out pretty well.

My Father in law couldn't believe that I didn't add a drop of condensed milk nor any sugar. He even said I added too much sugar lol =P Then when he  found out it was bananas he said that not quite fragrant enough for the bananas. I'd say the bananas weren't quite ripe enough or maybe not the right variety. Logistics wise though, having a bunch of very ripe bananas may not be very easy, I should try a sweet potato variant of it.

Dinner:

150g chicken

150g brocolli with golden needle vegetables

150g eggplant with 10g dried shrimp

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mortimer said:

does the height you're doing inverted rows at increase/decrease the difficulty?

Sure it does. The lower bar, the more weight is supported by your arms - down to the moment when your body is parallel to the ground below the bar. Next progression would be putting a box under your feet to create opposite angle in lowest position. 

To be honest - just like the push-ups

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Hrrms...I can touch my chin to the bar but I can't raise my chest to touch the bar. I've done decline push ups before on tire...all kinds of fun. But the video is showing wide arm push ups - shouldn't be she doing narrow? Just tested 1-rep narrow with my feat on the sofa slightly less then knee height. It is doable, but I haven't tried multiple reps yet.

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

Lunch:

Now this is like full paleo day lol.

500g cauliflower

20g anchovies

60g clams

Scraps of chicken (after deboning the chicken breast)

Did 100 burpees broken into sets of 20. No set timing,

I've calculated that with dinner calorie imput is around 988 cals but I am eating a shit ton of fibre and protein so we'll see if I get hungry.  Tomorrow is more challenging as I need to fill myself up on leafy vegetables. Today I am using broccoli and cauliflowers - which is technically easy mode. Turnips also. But turnips need longer cook time.

• Like 1

Dinner:

250g brocolli with golden needle mushrooms

300g pollock

Day more or less passed fine

Breakfast:

250g okra

200g oyster mushroom

100g chicken breast

1 tomato

Lunch:

200g kai lan

1.5 chicken legs

Quite a bit of chicken carcass

60g of red beans and 20g lotus seeds (made red bean soup, no sugar ^^)

60 cabbage

20g carrot

25 jump squats

20 push ups - at least no breaks...

10 inverted rows 

15 reverse crunches

4 sets

Dinner:

100g qing bai

100g nai bai

5 g anchovies

1 chicken leg