Forums are back in action! ×

My way towards (next) OCR

Feb. 28th

GtG pullups: 6x7

Burpees: 15min, 90 reps

Weighted pull-ups (+4kg): 3x5

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Feb. 29th

Stair climb (+20kg): 10 x 2 stories up and down every third step (basically 50 walking lunges each side on way up)

10 min of rope work - crawling on horizontal line and getting on top of it from below

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Here's how. In Polish, but even without translation you can see what guy is doing. 

You basically use one leg as a pendulum to rotate your body along the axis of rope, and then as a counterweight to keep center of gravity below the rope. 

For me, I don't even need to hook my arm around the rope. I have long legs and it's enough momentum to rotate me above the rope. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 1st

Running: 10.6km, 59:18. 5:36/km (9min/mi) average pace.

I ran my usual forest 5.3km route twice.

Was trying to use running app to get pace readout, but GPS was acting up totally. Only thing worth recording were "lap times" on my watch.

First lap: 28:20 - 5:21/km (8:36/mi)

Second lap: 30:58 - 5:51/km (9:24/mi)

Second lap time could be bit better, but I used some time (half a minute maybe) to search for piece of an earplug I lost on the road, and then at last kilometer my knee started to act up - took couple seconds break and did some squats to sort it out. But even if I ran all the time it's clear I started too fast. Next time I'll try to hold myself back more.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Mortimer said:

go study what route you were supposed to run

I ran properly, but GPS messed positioning my route on the map, so all the distances in the app were off. And that caused pace readouts being wrong - I got 3min/km one moment, and just in the next 9/km.

If the app worked properly, I could better control my pace. Gotta find another way though.

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Pace control is very important. It's not how fast you can go at the start but rather how fast you can go for the long haul. I find there are two parts to running. One is your breath, or your stamina, the other part is whether your body will play you out when you go for the distance. 

I believe for myself I have the stamina to run a marathon, but I will need to build up to it slowly and work out the teething issues one by one as they pop up. 

• Like 2

Mar. 2nd

GtG pull-ups: 6x7

seemed easier, but won't up the rps - will make sure my form in every rep of every set is OK before going further.

Simple & Sinister:

warmup (2x circuit):

5 x goblet squat with 24kg

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

10 x 10 single arm swings with 24kg

10 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Weighted Pull-ups (+4kg): 3x5

Doing them after S&S wasn't the best idea. I tried to add a rep, but my body protested. Need to tweak my daily plan a bit. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 3rd

Jump rope: 15 min

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 4th

Weighted pull-ups (+4kg): 3x5

Simple&Sinister:

warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 5th

Jump rope: 15min

Monkey bars, rope climbing: 15min

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Nice goblet squats ? Are goblet squats fun? 

I was trying to carry my hubbie in my arms but nope that didn't work out well....aww. But again that's probably waay above my 30kg (iffly) front squat paygrade I can lift him briefly off the ground though. 

The other way of course works fine... 

And hey, where did you find the rope to climb? Me wanna too! I really need to learn to climb down heh. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Mortimer said:

where did you find the rope to climb?

Borrowed form out school gym - It's good to be on good terms with the principal ;) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 6th

Weighted pull-ups (+4kg): 3x6

Simple&Sinister:

warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 16kg

I start noticing what I may be doing wrong with KB swings, next time will get back to 16kg to double check my form.

On the other hand, TGUs done slloooowweerr are way more demanding, even with same weight. I love it! And, I can correct some moves I was doing wrong (low sweep to knee on way up and sweep to post + to elbow on way down). 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 7th

I did nothing training wise. Busy day managing kids and home. I will get my run on Sunday.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 8th

Running: 5.25km, 27:11 - 5:11/km (8:20/mi) pace. 

I ran my old route in the fields, with some up and downhills (as opposed to forest route, which is mostly flat) to check how can I deal with running uphill.

More on elevation on this route in my Challenge post here:

Another thing - TIME! I beat my previous PR on this route by almost a minute (it was 28min straight), and beat my best pace from flat forest route by two seconds/km. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 9th

Weighted pull-ups (+4kg): 3x5 (mixed with S&S warmup)

Simple&Sinister:

warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 10th

Monkey bars, rope climbing: ~10min

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 11th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 12th

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 13th

YAY! Friday 13th!!!

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Mar. 14th

No running (busy day, extremely windy). Will run at Sunday.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 15th

Running:

Decided to do some hill work, so I went to my old route on a highway service road. ~1.25km with hill in the middle (44m elevation). Did the route two times, meaning I ran uphill four times.

Total:  5.1 km, 28:09. Average pace - 5:31/km (8:53/mi)

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 16th

Weighted pull-ups (+5.5 kg): 3x5 - slowly raising the weight

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Additionally, to test if I can, did 1 TGU (right side) with 24kg 'bell! Was hard, but I did it!

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 16kg

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Mar. 17th

Monkey bars: crossed my bars one way and back. No time for more.

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler