Forums are back in action! ×

My way towards (next) OCR

Yeah, still. And it's getting worse. I think I need to ease up, because it might be just overtraining issue. And if it's something else, constantly pushing myself doesn't too much good anyway. 

I just noticed I didn't logged my last trainings, so...

Apr. 11th

Run: 5.25km, 28:58. Pace: 5:31/km (8:53/mi)

Slower again. But it's still decent pace, so I try not to freak over it.

Apr. 12th

Rest day.

Apr. 13th

GtG pull-ups: 7x7

Weighted pull-ups: NONE

This is the first thing I'll drop for now. I will check if it helps with fatigue/loss of performance etc. 

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x goblet squat with 24kg

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

10 x 10 single arm swings with 24kg

4 x 1 TGU with 24kg - third and fourth rep were made with strong support of my willpower save. If not that, I wouldn't do them :) 

6 x 1 TGU with 16kg

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Apr. 14th

Jump rope: 15min

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Apr. 15th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

4 x 1 TGU with 24kg 

6 x 1 TGU with 16kg

This time it felt nice. I really don't understand what's happening. I'm having some sort of infection (doc said it's nothing serious, probably cold/mild flu), headache, muscle and joint pain. Yet out of the blue the training goes smoothly as butter. Huh?

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Maybe because you dropped something? =P

Weighted pull-ups: NONE

Heh. When I went to Taiwan for vacation I realised my resting heartbeat dropped all the way to 50. Usually its 55+ and actually I come to the conclusion that I may have been overtraining. Actually now my resting heart beat is 49...wtfbbq?

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Maybe because you dropped something?

On one hand I hope so - it would mean my health has nothing to do here.

On the other - feels bit crappy, because it shows I'm not as good as I thought. 

Anyway, one training session isn't enough to form a conclusion, especially when there is so many variables. Will stay away from weighted pull-ups for week or two, hopefully fight off the infection and then will try again. 

Apr. 16th

For the first time I managed to skip over 4 minutes in one go without tripping. This has (sadly) a side-effect in form of blood blister* under my big toe (quite big, size of big toe nail). There's always a bargain. 

* No mercy! Popped the bastard because it was awkward to walk. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

No additional draining was needed. I initially cut it with a scalpel (better than needle, because incision won't close that easily), squeezed all the blood out and put on a band-aid. 

Apr. 17th

Pills I got from doctor earlier this week worked like charm. Turns out I HAD some infection, but symptoms are withdrawing and I feel better already. 

Felt good enough I tried to get more TGUs with heavier bell. And I did!

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

6 x 1 TGU with 24kg 

4 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 18th

Run: 5.25km, 28:42. Pace 5:28/km (8:48/mi).

Felt awkward again, like QWOP guy - the smooth feel was gone again. On one hand I did run a bit faster than last time which is nice, but on the other hand - I needed to make a walking break (about 50 meters). This is something I haven't done in a long time...

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 19th

Rest day.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 20th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

6 x 1 TGU with 24kg 

4 x 1 TGU with 16kg

While my running isn't stellar right now, it turns out I make some progress in strength department. Nice :) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 21st

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 22nd

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

6 x 1 TGU with 24kg 

4 x 1 TGU with 16kg

This time S&S felt strangely easy - I felt like I could squeeze another set of TGUs with heavier bell. Decided not to rush though. I will stick to current weight distribution for couple more weeks to let my body adapt - only then will switch to more "heavy" sets. Better safe than sorry. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 23rd

Apr. 24th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

6 x 1 TGU with 24kg 

4 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 25th

Rest day.

Was too busy so decided to postpone my 5K and get it on Sunday...

Apr. 26th

... aaand finally didn't ran at all - woke up with sore throat and didn't want to risk running. Especially with strong wind and low-ish temps outside.

But to minimize the damage, I did

- 30min brisk elliptical (around 160 steps/min)

- 100 kettlebell (16kg) swings in one go.

Elliptical felt more like cycling than walking/running, but that's probably because it was designed for shorter people - my wife is 165cm and finds it comfortable, but I'm 193cm...

All in all, it left me sweating and with jelly-like legs, so it worked anyways :D 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 27th

GtG pull-ups: 7x8

I was doing 7x7 for 5 weeks already, it's about time for some progress :) 

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

6 x 1 TGU with 24kg 

4 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Yes, and it helps a lot with mental stuff too. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 28th

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 29th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

6 x 1 TGU with 24kg 

4 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Apr. 30th

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 1st

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

6 x 1 TGU with 24kg 

4 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Pull-ups felt harder than usual, but on the other hand TGUs felt much easier. I'm starting to consider switching another set to heavier 'bell. Maybe I'll try it next Monday.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Some days certain moves are easier then others. I've ever had great pull up days but can't squat for nuts =(

Also on a more serious note, if I get too heavy, it adversely affects my pull ups, but I have this sneaking suspicion it makes my front squats and deadlifts easier... 

• Like 1