Forums are back in action! ×

My way towards (next) OCR

May 2nd

Running - none.

Instead did 30 min elliptical with 160 steps/min pace.

My sinuses aren't feeling well yet, so decided not to run, as weather this weekend is rather rainy and windy. 

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

May 3rd

rest day

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

ciekawe.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/00-Star-...

I was thinking on doing Star Wars workout, but went with usual routine after all. Almost usual...

GtG pull-ups: 7x8

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x goblet squat with 24kg

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

10 x 10 single arm swings with 24kg

x 1 TGU with 24kg 

2 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Training felt so good today I switched another set of TGUs with heavier 'bell. I think it's gonna be my new routine for some time. YAY progress!

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 5th

Jump rope: 15min

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 6th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

x 1 TGU with 24kg 

2 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Yay! It wasn't one-timer with weight progress on TGUs. Did the training again and had no problem with controlling the 'bell on 7th and 8th rep. The progress is real :D 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 7th

Actually I did (as a test) 10!!! strict (hollow body, chest to the bar etc.) pull-ups as my first set. 

Jump rope: 15min

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Can't really train pull ups at the moment unless i want to haul my bum to the highest level of the car park... 

Yeah, I'm lucky I don't rely on external infrastructure for my training. But climbing stairs all the way up would make an additional training, wouldn't it?

May 8th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

x 1 TGU with 24kg 

2 x 1 TGU with 16kg

To completely switch to heavier bell I tried halos with 24kg, but my arms aren't ready for this. 16kg is comfortable, I would even say - easy. Maybe when I switch all sets of TGUs to 24kg, I will tape some weight to 16kg bell...? I won't buy 20kg bell just for halos.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

How secure are the weights if you tape it? My uncle did redo his rig at home, and at least his pipes that he stuffs his weights on aren't plastic so I feel better about it .

Eh, the level of the carpark? About 4 levels up, which isn't really a biggie to me (at my best stair running peak, I used to do around 11 storeys in about 2 min 15 s or so). The only problem is going out I need to wear a mask (unless I am jogging)...hmm unless I jog to the carpark and do the jog up the carpark. I'll need to clean up the bar some though.

BTW wearing a mask while running is meh. All your breathing patterns have to be treated as one difficulty notch higher. And I am sure as hell not doing 20km + while wearing a mask...

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Mortimer said:

How secure are the weights if you tape it?

I was thinking on either using soft ankle weights taped with "MacGyver" silver tape, or some dumbbell weight (small plate) screwed to the base. But that's just an idea, not sure if I do any of this.

12 hours ago, Mortimer said:

BTW wearing a mask while running is meh.

Totally agree. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 9th

Run: 5.3km, 27:30 (5:12/km pace)

FINALLY! I was able to run outside! Our govt is loosening the restrictions - we are allowed to the forests and parks, allowed to run/cycle as fitness activity. Masks are still mandatory around other people though. So I took family to the forest, they had a walk and I did my 5K. Good I run alone :)  Bloody surprised I ran that fast - only 1 second/km slower than my best!

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 10th

rest day

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 11th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

x 1 TGU with 24kg 

2 x 1 TGU with 16kg

May 12th

Decided I will try handstands progression for some time, so I switched jump rope for wrist mobility drill, ab work (hollow body) and Crow pose. 

So - 15 min total of the above.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 13th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

x 1 TGU with 24kg 

2 x 1 TGU with 16kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 14th

Handstand progression - 15min

incl. wrist mobility, hollow body rocking, crow pose and wall walk/wall plank.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 15th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg - FULL SET!!!

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 16th

Run - postponed.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 17th

Run - 5.3km, 28:20 (5:21/km pace).

Slower than last time, but: 1) this time I wanted more relaxing, laid back run, 2) last time was one of my best times.

Anyway - any pace below 5:30/km is pretty good for an amateur like me :D 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg   - Congrats Aramis! Turkish getups even without weight are too complicated for me lol.

Actually last Sunday I also went for a run and it was ehh...better timings wise from previously but not really good by any length as compared to pre lockdown timings. I think you cover 5.3 km as fast as I can cover 5 km and I need to push myself for 5k sub 30. I'm not sure if I can do sub 30 anymore or maybe it's still in there just that I haven't tapped that potential for a long time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

Turkish getups [...] are too complicated

Actually they aren't. For me, this video was very helpful - it covers each separate pose with commentary.

I think you cover 5.3 km as fast as I can cover 5 km

Ha! The privilege of having long legs - I don't need to swing them so fast to cover same distance :D 

maybe it's still in there

I think it is. With your conditioning, doing 5K is a piece of cake. Imagine me doing 20K... :o 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Don't run so fast, it's manageable. But start with 10k first. Also your run is trail running in which I don't do much, but trail running your timing will be slower then a road run. Yeah. If I want to run faster, I need to switch my breathing pattern to one in one out and actively lengthen my stride. 

• Like 1

May 18th

Simple&Sinister:

Warmup (2x circuit):

5 x glute bridge

5 x halo with 16kg

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 19th

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 20th

Simple&Sinister:

Been lazy with warm-up, did some shoulder circles and 2 circuits of hip warm-up:

5 x glute bridge 

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler