Forums are back in action! ×

My way towards (next) OCR

Aug. 7th

Sadly, no training today. But I will have lots of move and lifting during the weekend - I go to my Sister to build/assemble wall bars and mini-climbing wall for my niece. 

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

3 hours ago, aramis said:

Aug. 7th

Sadly, no training today. But I will have lots of move and lifting during the weekend - I go to my Sister to build/assemble wall bars and mini-climbing wall for my niece. 

And better still, you might be able to sneak in and have a go yourself later!

• Like 1

Semi-finished product :) 

Spoiler

DSC_2140.thumb.JPG.111331fa17d0fff33fa5b2eb3ad3c29c.JPG

Grips aren't installed, as there was no screws provided. But this gives my Sis time to paint the board with clear coat. As you can see, there is lots of configuration potential - I made mounting sockets in 20 cm grid to allow for multiple "routes".

Ladder was already painted/oiled, so this part is already in use.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

3 hours ago, Mortimer said:

I wish I had fitness amenities (like a pull up bar),

What about one mounted in a door frame? They are rather cheap and easy to install in most cases (depends on your house structure I think). 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Umm... I think life got the best of me... I was so busy I forgot to post my (already scarce) trainings.

Aug. 10th

S&S routine - 24 kg

Aug. 12th

S&S routine - 24 kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not really, at least not now. One week more and I'm off to my vacation, so I will get some off time. 

Aug. 14th

I had no time to do my training. 

Aug. 15th

But I caught up with it on Saturday :) 

S&S routine - 24 kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Aug. 17th

S&S routine - 24 kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Aug. 19th

S&S routine - 24 kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Aug. 21st

S&S routine - 24 kg

And that would be all for now. The next week I'm with  my family on vacation in highlands. I won't be taking any fitness stuff with me (except shoes - we  plan on long walks). The cherry on top will be our Family OCR run next Saturday, on way home from vacation :) I won't be posting here - there is very poor mobile internet where we go, and I'm not sure if there will be any WiFi at our place. 

See you in a week ;) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Hey, I'm back! Vacation was great :)

OCR went smooth - after all, it was designed to be doable for 4 year old kids (with a bit of parents' help). Day before we climbed Sokolica peak (~340m elevation), and for the whole week we were clocking in kilometers of walks like madmen. 

But now - back to work! And by "work" I mean my training program. After all, I want to be able to do 40kg S&S routine on my 40th birthday - this gives me 36 weeks. Better start swinging ;) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Aug. 31st

I'm back to training, so...

S&S routine - 24kg

And finally ordered 32 kg kettlebell :)

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Sept. 2nd

No training. I lost my phone on a parking lot and spent all the afternoon searching/calling it until battery died. No success :( 

The worst part is I lost my vacation and family OCR photos :angry:

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Sept. 3rd

As form of catching up with missed training, I did 10x10 swings with new, 32 kg kettlebell. That was... intense :) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Sept. 4th

Nothing

Sept. 5th

Catching up continues. With heavier weight :) 

S&S routine

6x10 one arm swings 32 kg (with extra rest between sets)

4x10 one arm swings 24 kg

1min rest

2x1 Turkish Get Up 32 kg

8x1 Turkish Get Up 24 kg

Damn, this was intense (am I repeating myself?). Especially GetUps. But I was expecting that - after all it's 30% weight increase. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

On 9/3/2020 at 1:07 PM, aramis said:

Sept. 2nd

No training. I lost my phone on a parking lot and spent all the afternoon searching/calling it until battery died. No success :( 

The worst part is I lost my vacation and family OCR photos :angry:

Did you get any luck finding your phone? =(

I know mine is linked to Google so I can make my phone ring loudly for 5 min even if its on silent mode. Used it a couple of times to find my phone at home. 

12 hours ago, Mortimer said:

How do you feel when doing the Turkish Get-Ups?

They are great. I feel my whole body works while doing it. Breathing and holding breath is very strategic in this (as in any weight lifting), but here is couple breaths for one repetition. 

If I struggle with anything, it is stabilizing the kettlebell above my head all the way through the movement. Especially with bigger weight, it tends to pull sideways and I sometimes need to use extra effort to keep it in proper position. 

Did you get any luck finding your phone? =(

Nope, I accepted I lost it for good. But put on some "lost phone" flyers in the area anyway :)

I know mine is linked to Google

My was linked to Google as well, but for some reason (even while synchronization was normal), FindMyPhone didn't worked. It showed "No active devices". I suspect I switched it off in phone settings accidentally. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Sept. 7th

S&S routine (timed :), so no extra rest)

4x10 one arm swings 32 kg

2x10 one arm swings 24 kg (24kg swings as a rest/light set... :blink:)

2x10 one arm swings 32 kg

2x10 one arm swings 24 kg

1min rest

2x1 Turkish Get Up 32 kg

8x1 Turkish Get Up 24 kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Sept. 9th

S&S routine, timed

8x10 one arm swings 32 kg

2x10 one arm swings 24 kg

1min rest

2x1 Turkish Get Up 32 kg

8x1 Turkish Get Up 24 kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler