Monday:

Lifting - yes - bench press day

1/4

Calories - no - poor decision making

1/7

Kneehab - no - I got focused on going to bed and forgot about it.

0/5

Ugh. 

• Like 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

Set an alarm on your phone as a reminder perhaps?

Hmm.  That's not a bad idea. 

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

Tuesday

Lifting - no - we'll call it a rest day.  I'll still get 4 this week. 

1/4

Calories - yes - much better decisions were made

2/7

Kneehab - no - looks like the bed-time idea is not working out.  There are too many variables.  I'll have to think of something else to tie it to.  Possibly I might bring the foam roller and yoga mat to work and do it here.  It only take10-15 min, and I could easily do it on a break.

0/5

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill

Wednesday

Lifting - no - last night was a mess

1/4

Calories - yes - cool cool

3/7

Kneehab - no - last night was a mess

0/5

The rest of this is just rambling, feel free to skip.

I have Bipolar II.  Not new info for some of you, but there you are.  I'm reading a book about Bipolar Disorder, and it's very interesting.  They're starting to think of it as a spectrum instead of just a couple of fixed classifications, which makes sense for something like a mood disorder, which we've known forever affects different people very differently.  But the DSM is what it is, for better or for worse.

Over the years since I was diagnosed, about 10 years ago, I honestly don't think about it very much.  The meds they put me on back then have worked really well for me all this time, and overall I'm really stable.  I'm very lucky; a lot of people have tons of struggles with finding the right combination of meds and therapies and such.  For me it's like having bad eyesight - it's part of who I am but as long as I wear glasses I'm good.  So for a long time I haven't really learned much about it.  So this book is really interesting, and I'm learning a lot.  It's answering questions I never thought to ask, and connecting dots I didn't think were related.

I've gotten into a couple of Reddit subs as well, which I never really messed around with before.  It's kind of an odd thing, but it's all I could find that scratches the itch of wanting a little bit of community, or even just commiseration, around these things.  Probably there's more stuff out there, and I'll keep looking.  It's strange, because I want to be able to talk with other people about my experiences, but everyone's experiences with bipolar are so different - and most of them are more severe than mine.  It feels hard to connect with people about it.  And, you know, I'm also deeply introverted and awkward anyway, so there's that.

I think I'm done rambling now.

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

Thursday

lifting - no - I need to address the trend here.  I've had good momentum this summer and I do not want it to slip now.

1/4

Calories - yes - doing well this week.

4/7

Kneehab - no - I don't know what to do about this.

0/5

So, this week is not going so well.  ?

• Like 4

KBO. - Churchill

On 9/20/2024 at 1:31 PM, Artemis Prime said:

Sorry for the rough go this week. Anything in particular throwing you off your groove, or just an off week?

I think just an off week.  A lot of atypical things happened.  This week should be better.

So much update to update.  I've honestly lost track of where I am.

My lifting schedule has drastically changed.  Instead of getting up early to lift in the morning, now I will be lifting in the evening, Mon Wed Fri, with my beautiful wife.  This is a good thing, but I will need to reconsider what lifts specifically I'm doing when, as I will be going from 4-5 sessions per week to 3.

I think that's all I have right now.  I'll try to actually catch things up tomorrow or something.

• Like 4

KBO. - Churchill

12 hours ago, Cheetah said:

My lifting schedule has drastically changed.  Instead of getting up early to lift in the morning, now I will be lifting in the evening, Mon Wed Fri, with my beautiful wife.  This is a good thing, but I will need to reconsider what lifts specifically I'm doing when, as I will be going from 4-5 sessions per week to 3.

Consistency is the most important thing, so if working out with your wife makes you more consistent at doing the thing I think you've probably got plenty of time to tweak the specifics.

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 9/20/2024 at 4:57 PM, Cheetah said:

Kneehab - no - I don't know what to do about this.

Sorry for the double post, but just thought about this. I planned to do pistol squats every day this month, and that lasted all of a day. Today I realised that's it's been nearly a full month since that decision. Do you want to team up on this; I'll do my daily pistol squats for my knee if you do your daily kneehab?

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

7 hours ago, Jarric said:

Sorry for the double post, but just thought about this. I planned to do pistol squats every day this month, and that lasted all of a day. Today I realised that's it's been nearly a full month since that decision. Do you want to team up on this; I'll do my daily pistol squats for my knee if you do your daily kneehab?

Absolutely.

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill

On 9/19/2024 at 10:04 AM, Cheetah said:

I have Bipolar II.  Not new info for some of you, but there you are.  I'm reading a book about Bipolar Disorder, and it's very interesting.  They're starting to think of it as a spectrum instead of just a couple of fixed classifications, which makes sense for something like a mood disorder, which we've known forever affects different people very differently.  But the DSM is what it is, for better or for worse.

I've gotten into a couple of Reddit subs as well, which I never really messed around with before.  It's kind of an odd thing, but it's all I could find that scratches the itch of wanting a little bit of community, or even just commiseration, around these things.  Probably there's more stuff out there, and I'll keep looking.  It's strange, because I want to be able to talk with other people about my experiences, but everyone's experiences with bipolar are so different - and most of them are more severe than mine.  It feels hard to connect with people about it.  And, you know, I'm also deeply introverted and awkward anyway, so there's that.

There's some brain thingies that come easier to people on the Bipolar spectrum, but it's deeply challenging to compare notes with others since the presentations can vary so widely, and because mental health care can be such a shit show that the people you want to compare notes with aren't stable enough for a clear convo. Big mood. Ever read SevenEves? 

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

18 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Absolutely.

Well I got mine in yesterday at climbing after posting this, will do today's when I go back upstairs. How's the kneehab going?

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

On 9/25/2024 at 3:37 PM, Laghail said:

Ever read SevenEves?

I have not, but I will look into it.

8 hours ago, Jarric said:

How's the kneehab going?

Last night went off the rails, but I'm committed to getting it done tonight.

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I have not, but I will look into it.

Only asking because a character presents bipolar disorder as an evolutionary adaptation. Of course it was a villainous middle eastern self-destructive character who the readers are supposed to distrust, but still, it was novel presentation of bipolar and it's stayed with me.  

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

On 9/26/2024 at 9:26 PM, Cheetah said:
On 9/26/2024 at 12:56 PM, Jarric said:

Last night went off the rails, but I'm committed to getting it done tonight.

Got mine done Thursday, missed Friday, but done again on Saturday. Must do a set today once I've digested dinner.

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Jarric said:

Got mine done Thursday, missed Friday, but done again on Saturday. Must do a set today once I've digested dinner.

I went out of town for the weekend, so that threw everything off.  I should be able to get it tonight; I will report later.

I'm calling a Mulligan.  Tracking has been really problematic, for all for all of my goals.  I'm going to try to stay in touch here, and do the best I can to stay consistent with things, but I'm not worrying about percentages until next challenge starts up.  There's just too much going on right now, and I need to devise a better system if I'm going to not only consistently do the things, but also consistently report on them.

• Like 4

KBO. - Churchill

Do what you have to do, sometimes it's not the right thing to go all in on the tracking and only you know what will work best  for you. 

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I'm calling a Mulligan.  Tracking has been really problematic, for all for all of my goals.  I'm going to try to stay in touch here, and do the best I can to stay consistent with things, but I'm not worrying about percentages until next challenge starts up.  There's just too much going on right now, and I need to devise a better system if I'm going to not only consistently do the things, but also consistently report on them.

I feel your pain. It's like doing the things is one part, but then reporting it in a way that feels fun and engaging, it's a whole separate thing!

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

Last night I got Kneehab done, lifted weights, and stayed on target for calories, so it was a pretty good day.

I've developed an unfortunate eating habit, wherein I'm getting 1/3 of my daily calories from ice cream and mixed nuts.  I should probably stop doing that.  Or at least cut it way back.

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

Okay, reprogramming again. The new schedule will be 3 sessions/week, and I think I want to basically do full-body, and close to the same routine every time. So far I've got bench press, obvs. Deadlift every other session, and every other session RDL. I guess I should do rows for upper back, and probably Arnold press for shoulders. What am I missing? Not curls - I'll get them in the rows, and when I do arnold presses I actually start it with a Z-curl, so that's probably enough of that. I'm morally opposed to anything ab-specific. Anything else I need?
  • Like 2

KBO. - Churchill