Forums are back in action! ×

Wow, that's a weird feeling.

Lol, cool! I felt that today. I watched some videos of heavy lifting at a gym, and felt myself exhale on exertion. Today wasn't even an exercise day, but it got me to put on my workout gear and doing some jumping around outside!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Feels great doesn't it? Strength training has changed the way I look at fitness.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

There are two awesome mental changes I'm seeing. One, focusing on building muscle is much more positive than focussing on eating or dissolving fat.

Two, I think it's affecting my brain chemistry as my depression is seeming much easier to overcome.

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

I think I'm getting close to this enlightened state.

My "cardio" days are now swimming days, so that keeps my mind off the weights, because I suck at swimming and it takes all my concentration.

Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade.

Rudyard Kipling

Oh I'm going warrior... Really shouldn't have thought otherwise. I just have to figure out how to afford the heavy things and space to lift them, or how to afford to pay someone to borrow their heavy things. Until then it is body weight only. Luckily that' probably more weight than mat people start lifting at! :)

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

Archived