Forums are back in action! ×

So today at the gym, I farted...

Rooks

I didn't mean to. It just sort of slipped out. I was in my 2nd warmup set of Squats. Lifted the weight off the rack, felt a little rumble in my gut and thought about racking the weight until it passed, but then it seemed to pass. Everything seemed ok. So I went for it. Sure enough, I no more then get to the bottom of the squat and one squeaks out. I kept going for 5 more reps, but was a little embarrassed after racking the weight again.

Luckily most of the people around me had headphones on and were none the wiser. 2 guys were looking at me pretty clearly, both with big grins on their face. I just chuckled and threw up my hands.

Today's lesson: when the gut is rumbling, don't do Squats.

Happens to me at least once a month, just roll with it. My favorite is when I only squeeze out part of it and I have 3-4 little farts on consecutive reps.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

This is why I don't do yoga as much anymore.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

It's all good. That was just your body's way of allowing you to get deeper in the hole :) No better way to get ATG than to relieve a bit of pressure.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Happens to me at least once a month, just roll with it. My favorite is when I only squeeze out part of it and I have 3-4 little farts on consecutive reps.

BAHAHAHAHA! So done that. I can't even help but laugh when it happens :)

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

yeah. totally sucks, but it happens. just roll with it. own it. everyone farts. seriously. even girls.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

awwww yeah!!

GIRLS FART

there. I said it.

Im a girl.

I go to the gym.

'Nuff said.

(except Pixie and her gas-x, which I personally prefer to think of as glittery pixie dust. Just so I get a great mental image of a fluttering pixie, letting one go and blowing glittery dust all over...)

~It's when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.~My Fitness Pal TrackerMy 6 Week Challenge Page- Scout

Archived