Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

We are remarkably gifted at finding things to bicker over.  I have no idea what, but I'm sure we'll manage something.

No we won't! We are intensely civil in this thread, and I resent any implication otherwise.

• Like 2

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0

and since I was on the forums for going on 6 hours last night, I read the entire thread and have been pondering the celebrity crush topic.

I just jumped in at the end and joined the conversation. Reading everything is impressive. "Thats a lot of nuts!"

I firs tknew I was attracted to both genders when  watching the music video for Fiona Apple's Criminal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFOzayDpWoI) it is a very sexually charged video, but it mostly focused on Fiona Apple. I remember watching it thinking "I want to see more of the dude she is hanging off of" while simultaneously wanting her to be  continue to be in the shot too. 

kung_pow_by_rumper1-d4yibiy.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

kung_pow_by_rumper1-d4yibiy.gif

This is how I know I have found my peoples.  ^^ Seriously, my favorite part of that movie. (don't know why)

• Like 1

I have another fantastic girl crush at the moment but it's wholly inappropriate to post video or links but if you feel so inclined, Sandy Sweet is practically physically perfect in my opinion. ;)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I think an attraction on some level to the same sex is normal even for us straight folk. I find some men to be attractive in a way but I don't want to do anything about it. Women say all the time that they find certain girls attractive even if they aren't attracted in a sexual way. It's hard to explain but basically attractiveness is universal regardless of orientation. In my opinion at least.

Yeah I agree the sexual attraction is the difference, but I thought they were one and the same universally too and they aren't apparently! Lol

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Slightly random but just seeing on the news that in the longest running and most popular soap of the netherlands they just featured their first gay marriage (two men).

• Like 1

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Just joined NF and am thrilled to find this thread in here. I am heavily involved in the LGBT community in my area and was just thinking about how to make health and fitness a higher to that subset of people. Anyone have any suggestions?

Welcome to the Rebellion :)

Suggestions---naked yoga (seriously) it's a big thing with gay men down in Miami and in larger cities but apparently the vulnerability of nudity plus the way yoga kinda forces you to face your stuff ends up doing a lot of good for the men who stick with it.

Maybe host a GLBTA awareness 5K fun run like the color run and similar events (or register a team in one of those events and hold weekly practice runs to encourage people to get out and get active?

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Fit bodies are very attractive to gay men(don't ask how I know that). I'm sure you could find an angle with that, at least to convince gay men.

Simon... That's kind of a duh! statement, isn't it? Fit bodies are attractive to just about everyone. The important part is the 'accessories' attached to those bodies. :D

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Simon... That's kind of a duh! statement, isn't it? Fit bodies are attractive to just about everyone. The important part is the 'accessories' attached to those bodies. :D

Ha! Men are generally more visual than women though is what I meant. I get more compliments on my physique from straight dudes than I do from women.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Suggestions---naked yoga (seriously) it's a big thing with gay men down in Miami and in larger cities but apparently the vulnerability of nudity plus the way yoga kinda forces you to face your stuff ends up doing a lot of good for the men who stick with it.

Maybe host a GLBTA awareness 5K fun run like the color run and similar events (or register a team in one of those events and hold weekly practice runs to encourage people to get out and get active?

not a bad idea.. a "rainbow run" sounds  fun.. partner your LGBTQA center or whatever with a local running club to be the charity of their next run?

• Like 2

not a bad idea.. a "rainbow run" sounds  fun.. partner your LGBTQA center or whatever with a local running club to be the charity of their next run?

Ha! Men are generally more visual than women though is what I meant. I get more compliments on my physique from straight dudes than I do from women.

I've heard that before, but I'm not convinced it's true. I think women have a big social stigma about openly admiring guys. Women who do that get called all sorts of nasty names.

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Well if they do they should speak up! Some of us straight guys have no idea when a girl is attracted to us and it's extremely frustrating. Gay men are not so subtle lol

You do realise what women who openly admire guys get called, right? Hint, it's starts with an S. And sadly some guys read way too much into compliments.

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

You do realise what women who openly admire guys get called, right? Hint, it's starts with an S. And sadly some guys read way too much into compliments.

Yeah I'm aware there's a social stigma. Unfortunately. Sometimes it's just nice to get compliments though.

Yeah I'm aware there's a social stigma. Unfortunately. Sometimes it's just nice to get compliments though.

How are we gonna compliment something we can't see? ;) I'm not afraid of social stigma :P

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Well, having seen a video of you doing a dealift with your shirt off (because it makes you stronger ;)), I can say that you have very nice shoulders, and arms, and stomach, and neck. From a purely esthetic point of view, of course. :)

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

I like the idea of a rainbow run, but I think a rainbow walk might target my demographic more. I serve on the board of the non profit that plans boston pride week and he parade is about a 3 mile march up and down hills. A group of people building up stamina to survive the pride parade in the june heat would be a huge benefit to our organization. Thats a really good idea!

• Like 1

Race: Kender Class: Warrior

Level:7

STR:25 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:14

How are we gonna compliment something we can't see? ;) I'm not afraid of social stigma :tongue:

Lol well as Silver pointed out I'm not exactly shy around here. The body part thread has a pretty good shot haha.

Well, having seen a video of you doing a dealift with your shirt off (because it makes you stronger ;)), I can say that you have very nice shoulders, and arms, and stomach, and neck. From a purely esthetic point of view, of course. :)

Of course ;p First time I've ever had my neck complimented lol I appreciate the kind words I really do. I'll take it even if you aren't straight. xD

• Like 2