Forums are back in action! ×

Are there many tabletop gamers around?

Harness

im willing to learn any game so i was reading your guys post but i didnt have any thing to add because i have no experiance in that one . but willing to learn it

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

Hey, sorry guys, that came out wrong. I just didn't want to bother everyone. If you have interest in learning the system I'll run a game by email as soon as there are players.

The art of life is more like the wrestler's art than the dancer's, in respect of this, that it should stand ready and firm to meet onsets which are sudden and unexpected. -Marcus Aurelius

My Blog --- My Battle Log

I feel like I am a little late to this thread. I RPG haven't found a group near me. I hope to put out a Looking for Group flag to put together a winter gaming group. That being said I am all for joining, help running a PbP game. I used to do it alot. I also my debating getting the fantasy grounds program so if there are people interested in that (I live in Germany so flexible timing would be needed) PM me.

I will play any system. I have actively played the Warhammer RPGs, Savage Worlds, SW Deadlands Reloaded, Mutants and Masterminds, and CoC.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Just tested Mutants and Masterminds for the first time and liked it with my group's GM. It was a one on one thing since our group has become somewhat depleted and the other Player was out for the day. Great System, the virtues of which had been extolled to me by a friend. Though I can see where the Joker getting infected by Venom could alter play, just a little, though that might be a good story arc for a comic.

Now, another topic for discussion. Since the tabletop thing was brought up: fave class?

Mine is Fighter with Rogue as a CLOSE 2nd. I've done the ranger and monk thing, and loved those characters, but #1 has GOT to be the heavy metal hack and slash in your face tank!

Scorpion, this really depends on the genre I play. In 2nd Edition and Pathfinder, I tended toward Rangers, because I always liked the bow/dual wield concept, plus the skirmisher type warrior, relaying on speed and skill rather than brute force has always peeked my interest (Hence the reason Ranger will like be the class I choose on the forums.).

I tend more toward spellcasters/psychics in other systems like Savage Worlds and Dark Heresy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stopped playing that after I was in a campaign where the Joker accidentally got infected by Venom.

I'm not going to lie, that sounds pretty awesome.

Before moving to Utah I was GMing a game of Icons several nights a week, with two regular players and some other ones that would occasionally join. Since all of us had a really good sense of humor we had some pretty hilarious situations, including one player stopping time while another threw a brick of cocaine at a supervillain, the reincarnation of Hitler as a puppy becoming the sidekick of one of the players, and barging in on a supervillain while he was naked and throwing him out a window. The game itself was a lot of fun and really intriguing too. If there was one thing I miss about Florida it's definitely our Icons nights.

I'm definitely down with having a NF RPG group. I've played over message boards before using a public dice roller program and less emphasis on turns - basically, whoever posts first has first move. Given that I'm sure a lot of us check the NF forums at least once a day this could probably work. I'd also recommend using a free/open source game system, like D6, Dark Dungeons or Marvel Superheroes. I really hope this happens!

Also, this is why my parents kept me from playing RPGs as a child...

Leprechaun Warrior
STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

For epic music that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE click here. Make sure you have a spare pair of underwear beforehand.

Ugh...those comics.

Anyways...let's get a group or groups together to play online. Who is willing and able to run a pbp game, what systems do you want to run, and let's get some games started. I am not a gm really, just a player.

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/
Ugh...those comics.

Anyways...let's get a group or groups together to play online. Who is willing and able to run a pbp game, what systems do you want to run, and let's get some games started. I am not a gm really, just a player.

If nobody else wants to GM I'm willing to take on that responsibility. I'd recommend we use one of the following systems, which can be downloaded free of charge:

D6 System - http://www.sycarion.com/open-d6-pdfs/

GURPS Lite - http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/

Marvel Superheroes - http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms/basic-game-and-modules.html

Dark Dungeons - http://www.gratisgames.webspace.virginmedia.com/darkdungeons.html

Let's make this happen!

Leprechaun Warrior

For epic music that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE click here. Make sure you have a spare pair of underwear beforehand.

Well, here are our options:

1. We can use something like rolz.org to keep track of dice rolls, and have the story play out here on the forums (makes the game asynchronistic, but we don't have to decide on a time)

2. We can use the IRC dice roller program and play over chat (we can set a specific game time, but if you miss it you miss it)

3. We can use the honor system, and just roll dice on our own (we can play the game however we want, but people could be lying and the GM and other players wouldn't know it)

Any of those ways work for me, honestly. I'm not picky.

Leprechaun Warrior

Funny, I was thinking about recruiting some people here for a D&D 3.5 game I'm planning to DM. It's not nearly ready yet though.

Profession: Level 3 Sith Assassin, Slingshot Demon Slayer (Rank: Spy)Stats: STR 6 DEX 5.25 CON 9 STA 2 WIS 6.5 CHA 1Motto: Do you really want it? Luchar por ella.Links: Six Week Challenge | Life GoalsQOTD: HA! "Your Honor, permission to Kong Vault over the bench?" -- AtSeaLevel

Totally late to this thread! I would love to get in on some forum based action! I would recommend something involving the FATE system, or even a diceless system similar to Nobilis for simplicity's sake. Other than that, I'd be up for absolutely anything. I've been starved for table-top lately thanks to my recent move.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Little Blue

Level 1

Hobbit Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

1st Challenge

"Never, never, never give up." --Winston Churchill

I'd participate in pbp if only 1 post per day was needed. I'd probably be able to do 2-3 quality ones most days, but there are those days where I'd only be able to get 1. I like the honor system as most sites are blocked at work. Don't care which system, I'll play anything.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm a gamer from way back - mostly D&D. Played a bit with first edition - tons with 2nd. Play tested 3rd edition. Played some 3.5 and never bothered with 4.

I'm in a weekly game with old friends (and new) and we're kicking it old school with 2nd edition in a Forgotten Realms setting. While I prefer to play straight up warriors, I seem to be picking up games with n00bs and end up playing a priest/cleric so we don't die LOL. I also usually end up being the party leader - because whenever I let someone else lead - they screw it up. No - really! Of course I frustrate the DM when I break his modules - but he got off of his butt and created a huge dungeon this time. Hey, it wasn't my fault a search-right through his maze was the shortest way through!!!!

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

Spirit of the Century is a good fate based system. very Pulpy, very fun, though not sure if the rules could be found online to allow everyone a chance to read through and grasp how to play. I would be up for anything listed in Kevin's post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

i will be good and not tell you how to get around the block

You don't know where I work or what system it is, so you wouldn't know how to get around it...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Spirit of the Century is a good fate based system. very Pulpy, very fun, though not sure if the rules could be found online to allow everyone a chance to read through and grasp how to play. I would be up for anything listed in Kevin's post.

I love SotC, but I've played it enough to know that it the stress system needs major fixes. Once that's taken care of, it's basically legendary (SotC players, please find the pun).

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

I have some issues with the stress system too but loved how there were so many ways you could stress out your enemy. Really like the interaction between players and being able to award fate chips to other players for awesomeness

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

Archived