Forums are back in action! ×

New but willing

Hey all,

I'm Terry, I'm from Ireland and I live in London.

I've being reading the site for a couple of weeks and have decided to introduce myself and dive in.

I used to play rugby but after breaking my ankle for the second time I decided it was time to quit. So in came a pretty awful diet, smoking and plenty of boozing with very little exercise.

A couple of years ago I dcided to do something about it, stared running again, swimming and cycling but kept smoking and eating badly, soon enough the regime I had kept to for eight months fell apart and the sofa took over. Then I discovered tag rugby, I remebered I was good at Rugby and got to represent GB and Ireland in an over 30's three test series aginst the World Champions Australia.

But bad habits stuck.

A couple of months ago my father was diagnosed with cancer, it was the kick up the backside I needed. I gave up smoking (i'm now 8 weeks off them) and three weeks ago started the beginners body weight routine.

It's been a revelation, I do beginners body weight three times a week and interval twice with the added bonus of Tag Rugby twice a week. It has got me in to the best shape I've been in for years but I know there's room for improvement...Diet and strength.

This site is pretty huge so I hope to find my way round it! I'm intrigued by all this Warrior, Adventurer stuff!

Chuuurs

Level 1 Human

STR: 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0

attributes will go up after first challenge.

"And resistance grew from tender places and we fought the good fight whenever it staggered down our lonesome twisted road" ASMZ

Welcome Terry! We are happy to have you!

Looks like you are on the right track - keep going and we will happily cheer you on. Why don't you join a 6 week challenge? They're great fun and the support is overwhelming!! theres one starting on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Thanks!

That sounds like a great idea, how do I do that?

Level 1 Human

"And resistance grew from tender places and we fought the good fight whenever it staggered down our lonesome twisted road" ASMZ

Here's a great explanation of how to do things and here is the breakdown on the guilds and other things you need to know for the RLRP. Once you've read these two little threads, you'll notice that there's another forum set, that says warrior, scout etc and the heading is 6 Week challenge 24 Sept - 5 Nov or something like that. You pick your guild and that's where you join the challenge :)

I'll keep an eye out for your thread if you join.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Read through the links here, real life roleplaying and challenge threads. http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/forumdisplay.php?191-Forum-Rules-and-FAQ

Most people start off as adventurers, but check out the warriors and see if you want to start there.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Thanks alot,

I'll be sensible and join the adventurers. Need to think about what i want to do. But will have it done by Sunday.

Level 1 Human

Archived