Forums are back in action! ×

Action figures, anyone?

spencer_

Thassss right, I'm talking figures. Heck yes.

Anybody else collect? I'm not gonna tell you just how many figures we have in the house until I see your share of hands. :P

Collecting isn't the only thing I do either; I've been interested in customizing my own for awhile, and I've only recently gotten back into doing it. I'm currently working on painting this guy. First portion to note here is the top gunmetal-ish part, which used to be the sickly bright silver. My iPhone camera doesn't really do it justice, and I need to repaint the ridged part in the lower half; my drybrushing technique didn't really translate well there. Second thing is the purple portion which I'm trying to make look scuffed and dirty.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think (and whether you collect figures or not); it's my first project, so I'm getting there, haha.

Profession: Level 3 Sith Assassin, Slingshot Demon Slayer (Rank: Spy)Stats: STR 6 DEX 5.25 CON 9 STA 2 WIS 6.5 CHA 1Motto: Do you really want it? Luchar por ella.Links: Six Week Challenge | Life GoalsQOTD: HA! "Your Honor, permission to Kong Vault over the bench?" -- AtSeaLevel

I have a few. Last time I went to my mom's house, I transferred about half my collection from my toybox to a communal toybox and told her that the children of her friends could take at-will. The rest are still at my mom's house because the car was full and I hadn't grabbed them before moving.

The only "toys" I really have here right now are three stuffed dragons and a few G1 "bait" ponies.

Right now, I collect sissy stuff like jello molds, board games, and teacups.

I wanted to get into painting mini-figs, but I could never find the guide on techniques to make them look awesome.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I have a bit of a collection - I was more into it at one point but lately I've been trying to stay under 5 new figures per year. I mostly use they as rotating display pieces. I was into customizing for a while, but stopped when I realized that customization work is so much easier using dollfies/ABJDs (mostly because of the size - sometimes I look at the cost and wish I'd kept with the figures).

I'll be excited to see the progress photos as you go with your work! What's the ultimate goal that you're aiming for with that transformer?

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

Tons of them, almost all out of the box. I have Lord of the Rings, comics (Marvel AND DC), Masters of the Universe Classics, Star Trek... Most of them are in a toy box, but the He-Men are on the shelf in my room. I also have a huge amount of gaming miniatures, which my wife and I paint. Those are kept safely in a travel case though, as they can be fragile.

Storin: Lvl 1 AdventurerStr: 2Dex: 6Sta: 3Con: 5Wis: 2Cha: 5

Int: 3

Archived