Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

I still view the doctor as I did while I was in the Marines. You don't go unless you are broken. that stigma is hard to break.

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

For the calves thing, I've observed that overweight people that lose weight retain their huge calves. My theory is that calves are designed to be used for such high volume of walking around (1000s of reps a day), that they just take huge amounts of loaded volume to make grow. Most people don't do that type of volume in the gym, you need to hike with a load, or play a sport focusing on explosive leg power and practice it a lot. I personally have very pretty big calves, and I attribute that to being a lineman in high school football. Every play has you loading up your legs through exploding into another guy and trying to push him around. So that for hundreds of reps a week would make sense for where mine came from. For overweight people, every step is a rep.

For favorite Arnold movie I've gotta go Jingle All the Way or True Lies. Also, here's his first movie that I never knew of until now. I need to watch it:

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0065832/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_56

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

It's much the same with me, and here in the UK we don't have the bills (yay universal healthcare!). I won't go to the doctor unless something serious happens, and even then I have a sense of "I don't want to bother them". I suppose if you're paying them anyway you don't get that feeling.

Also very much me.  So pretty much when I end up going to the doctor, it's either nothing, or it's something that's been made a LOT more serious (emergency blood tests, emergency x-rays) by me ignoring it.

Fortunately I'm indestructible, so it all works out in the end.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

No, he means Indestructible.

Noooo! Lol go back to the Four Tops. I'm judging purely based on the band names of Rancid & Disturbed, but this seems like scary white music lol

• Like 2

scary white music lol

check out Sevendust, Animals As Leaders (honestly one of the best lead guitar players I have seen in a while) Bad Brains, early Killswitch Engage

plus there were a few in out DIY scene but I don't think there are any recordings online, being it was the late 90's and we were still passing around tapes at the time

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Noooo! Lol go back to the Four Tops. I'm judging purely based on the band names of Rancid & Disturbed, but this seems like scary white music lol

Bro, you are a long way from Compton.  Good think you're lifting so you can survive the pit.

trash-talk-jump.gif?resize=500%2C281

Remember, good guy Bro picks other bros up when they fall down.

tumblr_m2mc4y5FCO1rn0y7so1_500.gif

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Bro, you are a long way from Compton. Good think you're lifting so you can survive the pit.

trash-talk-jump.gif?resize=500%2C281

Remember, good guy Bro picks other bros up when they fall down.

tumblr_m2mc4y5FCO1rn0y7so1_500.gif

Lol we went to this kiddie concert/family friendly music fest thing the other week. My girl's friend's kid is mixed, all he is doing is the "black guy two step", our kid is white and immediately starts jumping around and bumping into kids like he's in a mosh pit. They're both about 3. Just in the genes lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Lol we went to this kiddie concert/family friendly music fest thing the other week. My girl's friend's kid is mixed, all he is doing is the "black guy two step", our kid is white and immediately starts jumping around and bumping into kids like he's in a mosh pit. They're both about 3. Just in the genes lol.

Give the Girl friend's kid some NWA, your kid can borrow my slipknot.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

I mean as far as lifting goes I think they're a small muscle group with little carryover into, say, the big 3, so I figure if the compound lifts I do don't hit the calves enough to make them grow then odds are it's because they're not a limiting factor.

I never really focused on them other than when stretching I love a good calf stretch!

Not working them out because "genetics decide" is just plain stupid... you're willing to work out everything else but not calves... because genetics.

As a skinny calve member, stop being a wimp and work them out, seriously I run x/c, play soccer, skated all day, walk every where and I still have skinny calves, we need to stop judging our bodies on other peoples and just focus on making ourselves better

I wouldn't say mine are big, also in the 16" range, but this is how i must have gotten them as i did my first calf exercise last week

Deadlifts and squats seem to work out my calves just fine.

If you aren't doing calf raises I'm sure you guys aren't doing tibialis...raises? Curls? Fuck if I know, but I did these this morning.

http://youtu.be/UEOV7Z2s2YA

If you aren't doing calf raises I'm sure you guys aren't doing tibialis...raises? Curls? Fuck if I know, but I did these this morning.

http://youtu.be/UEOV7Z2s2YA

Yeah, if you are getting shin splints, it could be because your tibialis is weak.  

Also, for you skinny calved bros.  This is the only calf extension I do and it works great.  I do them as super sets on my leg's days and I think its working great for me.

• Like 1

Wheymen

This guy just got caught by a dash camera in London keying a parked 100K Aston Martin Vantage while he pushes a baby in a pram. Estimated damages 9,000 GBP.

What do you think the punishment should be for this sort of thing?

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge