Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Let's not be all gloom and doom.  Sex post kid(s) is different, and not to discount the physical changes, but (past the post partum phase) a large portion of it is mental and emotional.  Infants are by definition needy people.  Being around needy people is draining.   

The two of you are together for a reason and (hopefully) having a child was at least an agreed good thing, if not a planned thing.  There is 1 or more additional people in the relationship now so it takes more effort and planning by the adults for ANYTHING (other than chaos) to happen.  In short, it's time for both parties to grow up quite a bit, really consider each other's needs and to make plans to meet those needs.  Physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.  If you don't do some planning or exert some effort...well it won't be pretty.  What that 'growing up' process looks like totally depends on the couple.

Thank you Ross. Everyone else was only successful in making me never ever want to have children lol

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Thank you Ross. Everyone else was only successful in making me never ever want to have children lol

You're welcome...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Lmfao have to agree with Frost on that one.

However, my girlfriend of 4 years and I are pretty much adopting her 15 month old nephew...so I'll better be able to chime in on the presence of a new little permanent roommate

They can, but they don't have to.  There will be a great many factors with kids that will determine that, like how lightly they sleep and how ninja like they are walking down the hall...  Fortunately, my kids sleep well and are as ninja as an Chris Farely when they're tired.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

They can, but they don't have to.  There will be a great many factors with kids that will determine that, like how lightly they sleep and how ninja like they are walking down the hall...  Fortunately, my kids sleep well and are as ninja as an Chris Farely when they're tired.  

This reminds me of my nieces, and made me laugh out loud.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Right on.

"Strong in purpose and strong in action; strong within and strong without; strong against foes that are seen and strong against foes that are unseen; all the way up and all the way down, all the way around and all the way through; first, last and always—strong!"

I just have to say if you are only in the relationship for sex then it's really not a relationship that's going to last

And yet how many relationships like this result in children? An unfortunately large number. Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Babies and sex... a poor student like me wouldn't be having any of those any time soon. 

Babies and sex... a poor student like me wouldn't be having any of those any time soon. 

That's a good thing, finish school first.  Plenty of time for that later.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Of course kids are a blessing and I do want kids some day. I was sorta joking. Some of the older guys acted like after kids it just stops completely lol

It definitely does for a couple months at least (medical reasons), but that's not a bad thing when you consider what your sleep patterns will be like during that time.

Now granted, I've only been married for just under three years and we only have one kid, but we still manage to have regular sex, though it has been a bit less frequent the last couple weeks, due to the amount of work I've had.  We generally have it 2-3 times per week, sometimes more.  There is hope, young Simon ;)

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

No worries, I've done a lot of research.  He's almost 12 years old, 95th percentile for height, 98th percentile for weight, and has lived most of his life with juvenile arthritis.  He gets tired very easily, he can barely run, his co-ordination is terrible, but weight lifting has been an enormous benefit in giving him SOME exercise and some muscle development.  Improving the muscles in his legs has greatly improved his mobility and his endurance.  His rheumatologist signed off on everything, and has praised the improved muscle strength. 

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

That's a good thing, finish school first.  Plenty of time for that later.

I am a PhD student... I have finished many schools (also finished high school twice), but you have a point...

Celibacy until 30 it is. *sigh*

By the way, the kids are very adorable.

No worries, I've done a lot of research.  He's almost 12 years old, 95th percentile for height, 98th percentile for weight, and has lived most of his life with juvenile arthritis.  He gets tired very easily, he can barely run, his co-ordination is terrible, but weight lifting has been an enormous benefit in giving him SOME exercise and some muscle development.  Improving the muscles in his legs has greatly improved his mobility and his endurance.  His rheumatologist signed off on everything, and has praised the improved muscle strength. 

Parenting done right: with research!

• Like 1

Currently lost in Fitness.

Have you looked into the effects of weight lifting as children? I'm not an expert, and not sure at what weight you need to worry about it, or try to tell you how to raise your kids, I just remember in middle school we were told we should not lift heavy as it can effect our growth. 

My understanding is that it can damage bone endings, thereby stunting growth.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

I am a PhD student... I have finished many schools (also finished high school twice), but you have a point...

Celibacy until 30 it is. *sigh*

By the way, the kids are very adorable.

I meant the marriage and kids part, btw.  Not necessarily the girlfriend portion.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.