Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

People will notice the shoes more than the fact that you are short.

got a lot of friends who wear some pretty out-there shoes, including ones with big soles. id say if you're wearing them for the look, and not for the added height, you'd probably get away with it. in the end its all confidence though, so as long as you rock the shit out of them you're golden. 

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

People will notice the shoes more than the fact that you are short.

This. You're gonna look like a short guy wearing huge shoes. Getting comfortable and confident in yourself is a huge challenge, no matter what the issue is, and is honestly the best thing you can do for your quality of life. Figure out how to accept you for you, improve what you can over time, and rock the rest.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

100_0013_zps59fe07a5.jpg

Yeah, the lift like this, turns me from 5'6 to 5'11. I got this for a try, but not sure how others would see it.

I can't see this picture, but from what i looked at for 5" lifts, I can't promote either idea... if you go for the "high heel" ones, then you have the issue that come with heels and how they affect your feet and if you go for a flat foot then you run into platform shoes, which look weird no matter who wears em...

I say just be yourself...

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Guys, what's your take on elevator's shoes? Anybody has an experience of wearing them?

Is there any reason why you feel you need to wear them? I can't think of any reason to get them. I am average height though. But if its for no other reason than to be taller I would say no. Because if you are getting them to be taller, its like saying "Being a certain height isn't right/good/etc" Which is bullshit. 

One of my favorite comedians is Kevin Hart, hes a shorter guy. He embraces that, and knows its part of who he is. In the end its up to you to choose if it bothers you or not.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Is there any reason why you feel you need to wear them? I can't think of any reason to get them. I am average height though. But if its for no other reason than to be taller I would say no. Because if you are getting them to be taller, its like saying "Being a certain height isn't right/good/etc" Which is bullshit. 

One of my favorite comedians is Kevin Hart, hes a shorter guy. He embraces that, and knows its part of who he is. In the end its up to you to choose if it bothers you or not.

kevin-hart-i-am-a-grown-little-man-scale

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

kevin-hart-i-am-a-grown-little-man-scale

Noooooo he wasn't readyyyyyy!

Makes me laugh every time.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Yeah, I hope it's bullshit too. Sometimes I just can't shake the pressure off that I am not enough because of the height. That's just unhealthy thinking. :\

I like Kevin Hart, and Josh Hutcherson, and Bruno Mars, and Daniel Radcliffe. I know there are guys out there that are small, but they make it big. But even these guys have to stand on a crate to take photos.

I think I'm just got swayed by all the media shitstorm about body image. That's all... I guess I'll practice myself to be confident instead. 

Being 5'6 I can play basketball Insanity, I'm talking about the really huge guy that is 6'6+ that's only job is to jog up and down the court preventing people from driving to the basket and getting rebounds, they normally don't take shots and if you pressure them just a little bit they will cough up the ball; and surprisingly enough most Div I basketball teams have one

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Yeah, I hope it's bullshit too. Sometimes I just can't shake the pressure off that I am not enough because of the height. That's just unhealthy thinking. :\

I like Kevin Hart, and Josh Hutcherson, and Bruno Mars, and Daniel Radcliffe. I know there are guys out there that are small, but they make it big. But even these guys have to stand on a crate to take photos.

I think I'm just got swayed by all the media shitstorm about body image. That's all... I guess I'll practice myself to be confident instead. 

yoda was short, but he was the shit. embrace your inner yoda

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Being 5'6 I can play basketball Insanity, I'm talking about the really huge guy that is 6'6+ that's only job is to jog up and down the court preventing people from driving to the basket and getting rebounds, they normally don't take shots and if you pressure them just a little bit they will cough up the ball; and surprisingly enough most Div I basketball teams have one

5'6" in basketball is really cool! Man, you're awesome.

Yeah, one day I'll grow up a little more and accept the height fully. Now, sometimes I just need think like an adult. For a another bit of complain-- it's really hard being a short Asian man with an accent trying to date in America. It's not impossible, just super difficult. 

yoda was short, but he was the shit. embrace your inner yoda

Embrace, I will.

Bruce lee was 5'7" and he has a crazy accent. Jet li is 5'6". Then there is Tyrion "The Imp" Lannister.....Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Bruce lee was 5'7" and he has a crazy accent. Jet li is 5'6". Then there is Tyrion "The Imp" Lannister.....Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the boost, Pwallace!

For a another bit of complain-- it's really hard being a short Asian man with an accent trying to date in America. It's not impossible, just super difficult.

Embrace, I will.

First - is the elevator shoes related to this? If so, I especially I agree that you shouldn't wear them if that's the case.

Second - Internet dating. I wholeheartedly support it.

• Like 2

First - is the elevator shoes related to this? If so, I especially I agree that you shouldn't wear them if that's the case.

Yep, internet dating is good and not looked down on as much as it was 10years ago for sure. Just be honest in your ad/post/cv (whatever it is). I had a 6 year relationship with a girl i met online and my advert had all sort of crazy stuff about how i hated broccoli (which i now love) and stuff about the Harry Potter books.

• Like 2

Yep, internet dating is good and not looked down on as much as it was 10years ago for sure. Just be honest in your ad/post/cv (whatever it is). I had a 6 year relationship with a girl i met online and my advert had all sort of crazy stuff about how i hated broccoli (which i now love) and stuff about the Harry Potter books.

Yep. Shipping it back now. It's not comfortable to wear anyhow. Thanks a lot guys.

• Like 1

Lifts are like the Wonderbra, so disappointing when you find out the truth. Better to be yourself from the beginning, nothing wrong with being shorter than the average bear; )

• Like 5

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Lifts are like the Wonderbra, so disappointing when you find out the truth. Better to be yourself from the beginning, nothing wrong with being shorter than the average bear; )

i wholeheartedly agree.  on one hand, i understand the um.. boost.  but lies! it's all lies! 

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

STR:20 | DEX:13 | STA:13.5 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:16

battle log

there are far better things ahead than what we leave behind - CS Lewis

find out what you're afraid of, and go live there - Chuck Palahniuk 

One of the most impactful and forceful managers I have ever worked with was a 5'2", 130ish# woman.  Of the 5 guys on the team, all but 1 of us were over 6' tall.   Vanda looked really important and protected when we followed her into a room or restaurant.  But there was no doubt that she was in charge, because she had confidence in herself and knew how to project that (actually, probably didn't even think about it).

Your attitude and self image determine your altitude (think that's a Zig Ziglar quote maybe).    

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

This might have been covered already so apologies if it has....

Has anyone tried Laser hair removal? I read the science on it a couple years ago and remember thinking there was still risk in it. Main thing I'd be worried about is it causing cancer or something due to cell damage being repaired weirdly or something like that. Like I say that's just my imagination so I'd be interested to hear from someone that's had it done.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

My entire family is hairy. In my opinion to whole shaves thing just seems wierd. I shaved my chest after having some tests done where they shaved patches in it, and I immediately hated it. Of course I was a bit pudgier back then.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if your not shaving now try it before you go full on.

Aa far as side affects... I don't know. All I know is that if it's permanent it seems a bit drastic. ..

I guess it's not really what you asked, but I'm also interested on what other guys think about the subject.