Forums are back in action! ×

Creeepeee...

KillerGriller

*reaches for katana*

challenge accepted.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Hmm Roman style legion fighting versus zombies? I must think about the pros and cons of that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pro:

Extremely effective against unorganized massed infantry (which describes exactly what zombies are).

Ranged weapons aren't sneered at by modern people, giving the 'glory' of winning the battle to your friends with ranged weapons makes your job far easier (survive).

Zombies mostly don't wear armor.

Cons:

Requires discipline, a choke point, and equipment not many have.

Ineffective against human enemies wielding guns.

Extremely effective against unorganized massed infantry (which describes exactly what zombies are).

Huh, I had never considered the similarities between zombies and the barbarian German horde. Man, Rome: Total War is going to be weird from now on.

But for my money, I'd go shield & spear, hoplite style; those dudes could be pretty nimble in individual duels outside the phalanx.

Level 2 Naxian Ekdromos Ranger

My First Challenge Thread

STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 5.5|CON 6|WIS 6|CHA 4

In a pinch, a trash can lid and baseball bat will do. Although less so now that the "classic style" trash can is basically non-existent...

Crap, they're TRYING to make us zombie bait!

Heck, shields aren't that hard to make: a goodly-sized chunk of plywood, some bolts, and a couple of old belts, and you're golden!

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Pro:

Ranged weapons aren't sneered at by modern people, giving the 'glory' of winning the battle to your friends with ranged weapons makes your job far easier (survive).

Zombies mostly don't wear armor.

Cons:

Requires discipline, a choke point, and equipment not many have.

Ineffective against human enemies wielding guns.

Roman shield wall, backed by halberdiers, pikemen, and Landsknechten with the great big honkin' swords. (Wait, I just described the Calontir army...)

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Archived