Forums are back in action! ×

Hey people

Not too sure what to say.

I'm just looking for ways to maintain and improve my health. I was diagnosed with tachicardia a year ago and I'm just looking for ways to look after myself.

For the good: I practice aikido, swim once or twice a week and try to walk every day and avoiding caffine as best as I can

For the bad: I don't control my stress, I suffer from depression that I also should control more and I definately could be eating better

At the moment I'm just looking at trying to eat better such as eating more lean meats, eating less sugar and adding more calcuim. Trying to keep up the exercise, I'm also trying to deal with my stress but it's taking a little out of me since I'm in a situation where I have to balance my health with school work and other duties so health usually ends up taking the back burner on that. If anyone has any other suggestions for me please tell me; I'm open to and love suggestions from people more knowledgable than myself. 

About me: I'm a university student studying psychology. I love roleplaying and table top games. I love anything horror related, especially eighties horror movies and if you couldn't tell from my name I love the Re-Animator movies (don't bring up young Jeffery Combs, just don't). I also love talking about horror movies and novels with people so if anyone wants to give me recomendations or just chat about favorite movies and books go for it.

Level 1 Gnoll.  Druid at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 3|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Good? Evil? Let's just say I'm chaotic stupid 

I think you'll find that cleaning up your diet and increasing your activity will not only reduce your stress, but help with the depression as well.  I just read that people that excersize get about 30% more sleep too, which is bound to help.  You don't need to invest a lot of time; if you go to the FREE RESOURCES on the NERD FITNESS page, you'll find the 20 minute hotel workout.  The Angry Birds and Beginner's Body Weight are also fairly quick workouts.  If you do that one of these workouts 3 times a week, and clean up your diet, I think you'll notice a big difference in just a few weeks.  Good luck

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

You're right about the sleep improving and depression reducing effects of getting more exercise and eating better. I heard about it in one of classes, we were having a discussion on how to help people with mental illness; that's kind of how I got here; I was sick and tired of constantly being sick and tired. So now I'm trying to clean up and get myself back on track.

Also, tried the 20 min hotel room work out, another great side effect is that it made me wake up. I'm not a morning person and I kind sleep walked my way through the warm ups, but by the end of it I was actaully awake and not angry about being awake. 

Level 1 Gnoll.  Druid at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 3|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Good? Evil? Let's just say I'm chaotic stupid 

That's my favorite part of working out first thing in the morning.  It helps wake me up and energizes me for the rest of the day, even if I'm completely smoked at the end of the workout.  As for helping you feel better mentally, when I started working out again it helped me lessen the ball of anger and aggression I held inside me after deploying to Afghanistan with the Army.  It was great to be able to wake up and not be constantly pissed off all the time, only thing I changed was starting to work out and in one way or another it improved just about every aspect of my life.

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

Archived