Forums are back in action! ×

Ya want to do good and ya try to do good...

Hey everyone! I've been getting the newsletters for a bit and have decided to take the next step and actually be part of the group instead of just a creepy lurker :)

No longer am I so terribly overweight that I look in a mirror and think "uh oh, this is bad". That was a big success quite a few years ago but since then I hover in the "uh yeah, not very impressed yet" category. I need to drop about 20 or 30 lbs to get into the zone where I'm at my healthiest but I've been doing the yo yo lately. I do really well, see major progress and then back peddle almost to the beginning. Usually it's due to sudden and intense bought of stress in my life and I'm a stress eater. I know in my head it's bad, I can rationally see my pattern and know that it's bad but when it comes down to it, I turn my brain off and eat.

So I'm trying to smarten up. I feel like I'm so close to being the healthy person I know I can be, and I know how much better I feel when I'm eating healthy. The stress is still there but I want to get off the roller coaster health-wise.

And this desire has brought me here. Hello again everyone, I can't wait to get to know you fine people better!

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Welcome. The best way to reach your goal is to have a plan of attack before the stressor happens. Like 'I will take 10 deep breathes before I go into the kitchen' or 'I will not use the drive-thru'. Things that put up little blocks and allow the rational part of your brain to catch up.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Archived