Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Brazil (:

Hi, guys. I'm Amy(psdessa).

I'm a 20 year old programmer and business student from Brazil who's decided to level up in life after years of being a sedentary noob.

I've been on a 1200 calories (and slowing going paleo) for 4 weeks now, and managed to loose 2lbs(my goal is to loose 11lbs) right in the first week. Unfortunately, I had some wild weekends(booze and crap food) and wasn't able to maintain the weight loss on the following weeks. However, reading Mark's Primal Blueprint has really opened my eyes to a healthier life style, so I doubt I will be going the excessive unhealthy path again.

Also, I'm on the 4th week of the Couch to 5k program, I swim/practice yoga twice a week and I do NF's beginner body weight workout on alternate days.

I chose to be a Druid because one of my life goals is to live simple and in spiritual balance with the world and one of my fitness goals is to be crazy flexible.

My hobbies are reading and watching a lot of tv shows/movies/animes.

Feel free to add me or just talk to me about anything!

You can also find me on myfitnesspal and @psdessa

lvl 1 Halfling Aspiring Assassin

Str 0, Dex 1, Sta 1, Con 4, Wis 5, Cha 4 

@psdessa | Instagram | MyFitnessPal | Battle Log

"Should I concern myself over events, which I may never witness? Should I torment myself with problems that may never come to pass? No! Tomorrow lies buried with yesterday, and I will think of it no more. I will live this day as if it is my last. And if it is not, I shall fall to my knees and thank the heavens." Og Mandino

Welcome! How is your C25K going? I've been using it too but I've been too spastic about following it, so I thinking of starting over. Good luck with all your goals! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

@Synyster Thanks! I'm still struggling a bit trying to exclude grains from my diet (rice and beans are basically the country's main dish) because my family insists I'm gonna get anemic or something, but they'll leave me alone eventually!

@terrormortus They are awesome! I'd have given up on running if it weren't for them, I just thought that if I hadn't run in 20 years it was never going to happen. But you made me curious about that zombie run, I'm going to check it out.

@sumdawgtwigg Thank you! It's been going great, before I started I used to force myself to do a 1 hour walk everyday so when I found out about C25k I was really happy to cut all that effort to 20min 3x a week! When I'm finished I'm sort of going to start over because I want to coach my mom and I know she won't follow through if I don't do the first weeks with her. I hope you can power through it this time!

"Should I concern myself over events, which I may never witness? Should I torment myself with problems that may never come to pass? No! Tomorrow lies buried with yesterday, and I will think of it no more. I will live this day as if it is my last. And if it is not, I shall fall to my knees and thank the heavens." Og Mandino

Just read about the dangers of gluten and decided to slowly cut it from my diet. When I wasn't eating healthy I'd get a lot of stomach aches from gastritis, now the inflammation is cured but I still get an occasional stomach ache after meals so I'm hoping going gluten free will take care of that.

Did any of you go gluten free (not celiacs) and notice improve on your health?

I've pretty much cut out bread from my diet, not as a diet thing I just rarely have time to make it anymore. I haven't noticed a difference but that said I do know a lot of people who have had some really positive results from doing so. I'd suggest trying it anyways personally and seeing if it helps.

But do check out the running games "Zombies, Run!". There are actually two of them, one that is a 5k program and one that is just for your regular running. It's really a god send because it gives you an immediate result for your running (more progress in the story, supplies for your base) as well motivating you to run.

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

Very nice on helping your mom out! Also awesome that she's getting in there with you on fitness stuff. My parents just don't see the importance of exercise unfortunately. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I've pretty much cut out bread from my diet, not as a diet thing I just rarely have time to make it anymore. I haven't noticed a difference but that said I do know a lot of people who have had some really positive results from doing so. I'd suggest trying it anyways personally and seeing if it helps.

But do check out the running games "Zombies, Run!". There are actually two of them, one that is a 5k program and one that is just for your regular running. It's really a god send because it gives you an immediate result for your running (more progress in the story, supplies for your base) as well motivating you to run.

Will do! Also, I read your battle log and ended up checking out Duolingo (I wanna learn spanish) and it's really helping me! Thanks for the unintentional tip! :lol:

Very nice on helping your mom out! Also awesome that she's getting in there with you on fitness stuff. My parents just don't see the importance of exercise unfortunately.

My mom gets excited(and tries to join in) with just about anything I get myself into, she rarely follows through though -_-

However, she's really nagging me about cutting grains saying it's dangerous, so I'm trying to include her on my new lifestyle to see if she can be more rebellious lol

Nor do mine :( My dad being military and all, eats all kinds of stuff and doesn't care. At the same time, with the way Obama has cut out a lot of their meals in Afghanistan, I don't blame him. I had talked to him over the phone recently, and told him what I had seen on the news about Obama cutting out their breakfast meals, and he said "Yeah, we're lucky to even get a lunch any more." And when they do eat, it's never a lot, or anything special. My mother on the other hand...with all her health issues, should be working on changing. I always get the "Yeah, I'm gonna start tomorrow." And tomorrow comes and she repeats the process. I just figure oh well...they see how my health has improved, they can stay miserable all they want but I'm not going to.

Wow, I had no idea how things were over there with the troops still in Afghanistan, how terrible :mellow:

Glad to be of service. *bows*

Spanish is also on my list of languages to learn but I decided to start with French as I live only a few hours away from the Canadian border. Plus I want to travel to France at some point, so knowing at least a little of the language would be a big help.

"Do it now."

Olá Pdessa. Bem vindo à "Aptidão de Nerd"! Muitas pessoas gostam "Sofá em cinco quilometros". Espero que você terá muito sucesso!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Welcome!!

The great thing about the couch to 5k is that once you do it, it's easy do 10k!!

Thanks!!

Oh, I can't wait! I plan to do HIIT after I'm done with the program though, but it'll be nice to be prepared for a race if it comes up.

Glad to be of service. *bows*

Spanish is also on my list of languages to learn but I decided to start with French as I live only a few hours away from the Canadian border. Plus I want to travel to France at some point, so knowing at least a little of the language would be a big help.

How lucky! I want to go to Canada someday. And I plan to start French after I'm comfortable with Spanish(it's similar to Portuguese), so I'm gonna bug you for help! :lol:

Olá Pdessa. Bem vindo à "Aptidão de Nerd"! Muitas pessoas gostam "Sofá em cinco quilometros". Espero que você terá muito sucesso!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Obrigada! É um programa muito bom, me tirou do sofá mesmo, haha!

It's a fairly nice place from the few times I've visited. Though asking for road directions from someone who spoke very little english was not a fun time.

Hence learning French, that and it sounds cool. Feel free to bug me, just give me a little time to learn the lingo.

"Do it now."

Olá!  I wish you the best of luck in your quests.

I'm going to Brazil this summer.  Do you have any tips on trying to cut out carbs in Brazil?

Thank you! Oh wow, how cool! Well it sorta depends where you're going, but if it's somewhere near the beach avoid buying just about anything there (your wallet will also thank me) :lol: The good thing is that there are steak houses everywhere so you can load up on protein and vegs!

That's the awesome power of Obama :D Hope your adventure is going well so far!

It is, I'm sticking to my diet/exercises and I'm addicted to this site!  :wub:

Welcome and good luck, but by the looks of it your doing well already.

I have cut down on gluten foods and replaced some things I eat with gluten-free versions and I have less stomach issues from it to.

Mel The Hangry, Level 7, Aussie Gnome, Druid

STR 9.5 | DEX 7.5 | STA 18 | CON 19.5 | WIS 14.5 | CHA 6.5 

Current Challenge: TBA

Last Challenges: Mel The Hangry is getting back to basicsMel The Hangry is making changesMel The Hangry is turning into a Druid

"Some days you eat salads and do yoga, Some days you eat cupcakes and refuse to put on pants, It’s called balance."

Welcome and good luck, but by the looks of it your doing well already.

I have cut down on gluten foods and replaced some things I eat with gluten-free versions and I have less stomach issues from it to.

Thank you!

I've just started noticing less stomach problems and it helps me stay low-carb, I'm definitely staying gluten-free!

Archived