Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

This conversation pops up for me every few weeks, not sure about everyone else

Person A: *mumbles something indistinctly*

Person B: "What was that sorry?"

Person A: "I was just saying that--- oh never mind, don't worry..." 

Its annoying and makes me feel deprived of whatever the person was going to tell me! Though to be honest I have done it once or twice when I was just too tired to repeat myself :/ 

YES! very very annoying. 

*mumbles something indistinctly* 

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

I always make the person tell me, lol (especially if it's my husband).

I usually give up when I'm being person A, though, because I have to repeat myself like ten times.  Or I have to say it loud and VERY slowly.  Ugh. -mumble, mumble-

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

They never ask if I play basketball, because only tall and SKINNY people get that. I'm tall and vaguely shaped like a cinderblock wall. With a beard.

Like marc gasol?

sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Its annoying and makes me feel deprived of whatever the person was going to tell me! Though to be honest I have done it once or twice when I was just too tired to repeat myself :/ 

http://www.hark.com/clips/rfxkdbxpkq-that-tree-is-far-away

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

My cubicle neighbor here at work does that constantly. I've gotten to a point where I just ignore her and pretend not to hear when she's speaking unless she enunciates and is clearly directing whatever useless information to me.

I hate stupid people.

Seriously.  They drive me nuts.

and I don't mean necessarily low IQ people- I mean people who are inattentive and just completely unobservant.  Those people make me want to punch babies. 

LOLz

Yes. I also am ntolerant of stupidity, slowness, and aloof/inconsiderate idiots. Laziness and excuses also move to the top of the list of things that make me want to bash babies' brains in with hammers. Also babies and children. Sorry (not really), but your kid is really f annoying and, no, I don't think he's cute with his dirty, grubby face and evil schemes devised to attract attention.

I-Jo, I'm pretty sure you're an Enneagram #8 Challenger. We have a tendency to be the best ever and, consequentially, become irritated by the weak and stupid.

Whatttzzza an Enneagram # 8 Challenger (goes to google after posting)

nope- I'm with you on that one.

Even pictures of smiling pregnant people make me angry.  My friend just took Christmas pictures- and every single one she was holding her baby belly- like it would fall off if she didn't.

I'm like- you look like a whale- no one is going to miss the fact you are pregnant- you do not actually need to hold your belly.   I hate kids- they are icky- and gross. They skeeve me out.

I'm surprised I didn't get  banned off MFP yesterday- the stupid was too overwhelming and I just couldn't take it.  I made some rather blunt comments- I got yelled at for being an ass.

I wanted to say IF YOU PEOPLE WERE NOT SO STUPID I WOULDN'T HAVE TO BE AN ASS.  But that's not true- I could be nice- but I'm an asshole. 

im' pretty sure winter is affecting me- I'm ultra cranky- I went home and made a huge effort to not pick a fight with the BF- I just crawled in bed- we didn't talk for an hour... just laid there.   Eventually I became functional without starting a fight... but man- it's hard being cranky/angry all the time for not reason either.   Grumble grumble. 

So do you have any ideas on fixing that? Of course I dont know what's causing you to be on edge but generally people know pretty well about themselves what's up. Maybe take some time and see if there anything you can do to feel better.

For me it's generally one of two things. Either i've been doing too much or I've been doing too little, which are conparatively easy to fix.

Maybe for you it would help to replace some weights with bodyweight exercises and do those outside in the 'sun'? Or just taking a week or few days off exercise?

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

So, I'm 36 and my hair is really beginning to get grey. People have to make comments all the time.

"Why is your hair so grey?"

Oh, gee. I don't know? Why are your eyes green?

"Do you dye your hair like that?"

X.X

"You really need to color your hair."

The best part is when people who I haven't seen since I started my weight loss journey make comments. The first thing many say is "Wow! Your hair is really getting grey!" Thanks for not noticing that I've lost over 120+ lbs! Lol.

I don't understand why people need to focus on perceived negatives. I say perceived, because my hair color honestly doesn't bother me. One thing getting healthy has taught me is how to fall in love with myself and be proud of my accomplishments. If someone doesn't like me because I'm 36 and have greying hair, then fuck 'em.

My housemate is 21 and already starting to get patches of grey.  She likes it, though - she's looking forward to it getting more pronounced so she looks all wise and stuff :P

Seriously, though?  Why do people feel the need to *tell* people to dye their hair because the colour isn't to their liking?  They can shove right off with that one.

• Like 3

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

My housemate is 21 and already starting to get patches of grey.  She likes it, though - she's looking forward to it getting more pronounced so she looks all wise and stuff :tongue:

Seriously, though?  Why do people feel the need to *tell* people to dye their hair because the colour isn't to their liking?  They can shove right off with that one.

I'm right there with you! Same thing with people who tell you to wear make-up (my sister) or to get your ears pierced, because that's what all women do, and if you do not do these things, you are not a real woman. My mom and sis tormented me throughout all my teenage years about that.

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

I've thankfully never had to justify not getting my ears pierced (I usually blame mum and they let it go after I tell them come get pierced with me, then), but I never understand when people say to dye hair.

Dyed hair almost always looks too fake. Plus, graying hair is so awesome! I love seeing folks with graying or fully gray/white hair. I feel like it's a badge of honour or wisdom, or at the very least makes someone look like they've got some awesome character. 

Also won't lie - silver foxes (and I'm not sure if I'm using that term correctly in my sheltered mind) are sexy

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

STR 11 | STA 9 | DEX 5 | CON 11 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

ceterum censeo infirmitas esse delendam

CHALLENGE

TAKING OFF THE HAND WRAPS

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

Just tell them it males you a silver fox.

So, I'm 36 and my hair is really beginning to get grey. People have to make comments all the time.

"Why is your hair so grey?"

Oh, gee. I don't know? Why are your eyes green?

"Do you dye your hair like that?"

X.X

"You really need to color your hair."

The best part is when people who I haven't seen since I started my weight loss journey make comments. The first thing many say is "Wow! Your hair is really getting grey!" Thanks for not noticing that I've lost over 120+ lbs! Lol.

I don't understand why people need to focus on perceived negatives. I say perceived, because my hair color honestly doesn't bother me. One thing getting healthy has taught me is how to fall in love with myself and be proud of my accomplishments. If someone doesn't like me because I'm 36 and have greying hair, then fuck 'em.

Just tell them it makes you a silver fox.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Yeah... Or not :)

Good thing people are different and like different things.

I am guilty of telling a close friend to die his hair, thats cause it makes him look like 50 and he's 32.

Was even worse, he used to date a friend of mine over 10 years ago. She was 19 he was 20 and they were over at my parents place. My mom asked after what she was doing with that old dude and said that a mid life crisis isn't sexy... Yeah then you should dye your hair.

From my wife: "Man, your beard is REALLY going grey! Moustache, too."

Yes.  Thank you.  I have mirrors.  *grumbles* She found ONE grey hair on her head last month, and saved it to show me. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

My hair stylist said he saw greys right before he dyed my hair.  I was like, why would you tell me?!  I would never have been the wiser (I dye my hair like a lot)!

I'm convinced it was just my natural mousy brown under the light, yerp.

Actually, kinda curious to see how it looks when it does really go grey, and I let it show...

Level 3 Human Assassin

Introduction

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

I've thankfully never had to justify not getting my ears pierced (I usually blame mum and they let it go after I tell them come get pierced with me, then), but I never understand when people say to dye hair.

Dyed hair almost always looks too fake. Plus, graying hair is so awesome! I love seeing folks with graying or fully gray/white hair. I feel like it's a badge of honour or wisdom, or at the very least makes someone look like they've got some awesome character. 

Also won't lie - silver foxes (and I'm not sure if I'm using that term correctly in my sheltered mind) are sexy

news flash.

no one cares if it looks fake.

If you like it- dye it- if you don't don't. 

news flash.

no one cares if it looks fake.

If you like it- dye it- if you don't don't.

I kinda do - but only if it does look fake. I mean, if it's the super neon colors, sure that looks fine to me - it's accomplishing what you want and those aren't colors human hair can usually pull off without some stylistic assistance.

And it doesn't really bother me as much as I just notice it much more if it's very obviously dyed - like when my mother decides on a whim to dye her hair and tried mixing two plus natural colors together.

I suppose I should say I appreciate a well done dye job and notice when it's not as smooth. But I'm not about to ream someone out because they want to dye their hair. To each their own.

Man, who knew dyeing hair was a hot topic? XD

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

STR 11 | STA 9 | DEX 5 | CON 11 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

ceterum censeo infirmitas esse delendam

CHALLENGE

TAKING OFF THE HAND WRAPS

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

Man, who knew dyeing hair was a hot topic? XD

It's very controversial. -nod, nod-

When I was little, I couldn't understand why people would dye their hair.  I loved mine the way it was and thought everybody else should love theirs, too.

...Then my aunt convinced me to get highlights for my first homecoming and I fell in love!

Level 3 Human Assassin

Introduction

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

I'm one on those guys who have a beard a different shade than my hair. I've dark brown hair that might shine a bit coppery in sunlight, but my beard comes in red.

I was regularly asked if I dyed it.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile