Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

so many comments on the future Mrs Kingclumsy "Are you going to lose weight, Dont eat that, you want to fit into your dress" "What are you doing with your hair" "Are you going to wear heals," etc. Thanks, jerks,.

</rant>

seriously?

that's insanely rude.  I'd punch someone in the dick if they said that to me!!!

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials though!!!  I have several pagan friends and a friend who is a witch- it's all about making it your day and what is important to you.   

I think she meant lacto-ovo vegetarian. So plant matter, dairy and eggs. No meat or fish. Pescatarians are the ones who eat fish but no (land) meat.

Right, so I am technically a lacto-ovo vegetarian, didn't know that, thanks for the heads up! :-)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

or whatever rubbish he came up with. I'm not an addicted smoker (I smoke hookah several times a month- but I don't smoke regularly outside of that- and never cigarettes) so I can't presume to understand how difficult it may or may not be... but what bothered me was that he always had an excuse about his lack of self discipline.

I've read articles showing evidence that tobacco/nicotine itself isn't addictive, but more some of the numerous chemicals found in cigarettes. Not something I've researched in depth since I don't smoke, but I have smoked hookah in the past. So that might explain your lack of addiction.

For example... http://www.statepress.com/archive/node/7194

DYODD of course,

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

seriously?

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials though!!!  I have several pagan friends and a friend who is a witch- it's all about making it your day and what is important to you.   

I don't think a man would dare say something like that to a woman lol

That is insanely rude though and should have been replied with a sarcasm so thick the person gagged on it.

• Like 1

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

seriously?

Thanks :) and yeah, its just people blindly following wedding cliches and traditions.

We're not properly pagan, just have a pretty nature-focused way of looking at the spiritual world (if at all,)

I don't think a man would dare say something like that to a woman lol

That is insanely rude though and should have been replied with a sarcasm so thick the person gagged on it.

I think she gave them a death stare.

• Like 1

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

Thanks :) and yeah, its just people blindly following wedding cliches and traditions.

It's such a dumbass tradition. Many women set themselves up for future self esteem issues because of the intense dieting they do before their wedding. They look back at their wedding photos and think they look overweight now while forgetting that they weren't at their normal weight then. It's perfectly normal to want to look great for your wedding but some of the crash diets women do are ridiculous.

• Like 1

It's such a dumbass tradition. Many women set themselves up for future self esteem issues because of the intense dieting they do before their wedding. They look back at their wedding photos and think they look overweight now while forgetting that they weren't at their normal weight then. It's perfectly normal to want to look great for your wedding but some of the crash diets women do are ridiculous.

Most crash diets are ridiculous. You have to be slightly cracked to try those. (hahaha, get it? Cracked? Because it's a crash. ok, I'll shut up now.)

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

I realize this is the second time in a row I've posted a grammar thing.

But.

I'm mildly annoyed when people write that they "diffused a situation" but not super annoyed because, well, you can imagine that maybe they are thinking of making the tension more diffuse, i.e. lowering the tension concentration, dispersing it.  It's still wrong but the kind of understandable wrong.

Except I just read something where someone wrote than and then wrote "we diffused the wrong bomb" and NO. IT'S DEFUSED, as in you removed the fuse so it wouldn't explode!

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh

Butts.

It never gets easier when you answer the door and the first thing people say is "WOW! You look like CRAP!"

I usually say, "Thanks, I feel like crap, too. I got the set." :D

Or, "Good. I'd hate to feel this bad and not have anyone notice."

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

My wife and I have been down with some fluey thing the last week or so, so we've had some friends look after our daughter from time to time to give us a break and allow us to rest up. 

It never gets easier when you answer the door and the first thing people say is "WOW! You look like CRAP!"

Cheers guys, needed that pick-me-up

A good albeit childish retort would be "You would know all about that, now wouldn't you?"

Zing!

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

What I usually hear is:

"That's all yours?" *looking at boobs* No, no. It's not mine. These belongs to my neighbor.

"You must be eating all the time when I'm not looking!" Yeah, my mom. And I'm not eating all the time. I actually had a very predictable "schedule" to eat..

"Don't eat. You lose nothing by eating". Again, my mom. Sometimes, she thinks I'm better off not eating.

"I'm older than you and I'm losing more weight than you!" Well, duh. I have a lot less to burn...

"Sorry to say this, but you have some great boobs!" If this is the second thing you say to a girl when you meet her, you just lost the game.

Also, not exactly a comment, but... You know that disapproving stare someone gives you when they learn you like games/anime/manga aka "you are different"? I also get that all the time and it hurts more than a comment...

• Like 1

"Don't eat. You lose nothing by eating". Again, my mom. Sometimes, she thinks I'm better off not eating.

This is how eating disorders start. I would have a serious talk with your mom about this. I'm sure those other comments are annoying but this one is downright destructive.

• Like 1

This is how eating disorders start. I would have a serious talk with your mom about this. I'm sure those other comments are annoying but this one is downright destructive.

I already tried. She doesn't understand that's not the way to have a diet. Don't worry, I don't follow that xD (but yeah. She can be pretty destructive with her comments. You have no idea how much I cried because of her)

She's having a diet now and she thinks that, if she eats too much in one meal, that she should skip the next. I get shocked, but what can I do? She doesn't listen (and she even gets mad if I try to talk to her about it). If she wants to destroy her body, go ahead. It seems I don't have any influence on her, since I'm her kid and I don't have any nutrition course. She only listens to the nutritionist.

I already tried. She doesn't understand that's not the way to have a diet. Don't worry, I don't follow that xD (but yeah. She can be pretty destructive with her comments. You have no idea how much I cried because of her)

She's having a diet now and she thinks that, if she eats too much in one meal, that she should skip the next. I get shocked, but what can I do? She doesn't listen (and she even gets mad if I try to talk to her about it). If she wants to destroy her body, go ahead. It seems I don't have any influence on her, since I'm her kid and I don't have any nutrition course. She only listens to the nutritionist.

That reminds me of a social experiment where they had people inflict what they thought were lethal electric shocks to people because a person in a lab coat told them to.

I believe it was the Milgram experiment.

I could also dig up some the bajilion frauds and quacks stories out there if you want to scare your mom. ;)

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

That reminds me of a social experiment where they had people inflict what they thought were lethal electric shocks to people because a person in a lab coat told them to.

I could also dig up some the bajilion frauds and quacks stories out there if you want to scare your mom. ;)

Oh yeah I remember learning about that in college! It's insane. I mean I understand listening to someone who has more experience/knowledge than you,, but there's also value in doing some of your own research.

Annelise, it was nice talking to you in chat last night (I am Mir)! Hope you stick around :) And try not to let your mom get you down. My husband calls paleo "that crazy food diet" because it involves meat and veggies and not bread and pasta.

• Like 1

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Oh yeah I remember learning about that in college! It's insane. I mean I understand listening to someone who has more experience/knowledge than you,, but there's also value in doing some of your own research.

Annelise, it was nice talking to you in chat last night (I am Mir)! Hope you stick around :) And try not to let your mom get you down. My husband calls paleo "that crazy food diet" because it involves meat and veggies and not bread and pasta.

So your husband is Dodo for dough? *snerk* Bread and pasta are just edible utensils. There is nothing wrong with eating spaghetti sauce on its own. In fact, it's even better because then you can eat more!

I love your husband's choice of words "crazy food diet". There are a couple of ways to interpret that: "crazy food diet", meaning meat and veggies are somehow crazy, or "crazy food diet", meaning that a diet that involves food is crazy... I like the second interpretation myself. :D

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Bread and pasta are just edible utensils.

Exactly! (Mind you, I do eat bread for specifically that purpose once or twice a week, but absolutely agreed!)

Merganser: Level 4 Anatidae Scout

STR 4 | DEX 5 | STA 5 | CON 7 | WIS 6 | CHA 2

Intro | Current Challenge: Train for Spain!

Challenge 6: Back on Track...and Then Off Again | Challenge 5b: First-World ProblemsChallenge 5a: Make a Map | 

Challenge 4: Fly! (On a Bike!) | Challenge 3: Run!..(At All!) | Challenge 2: Stretch! | Challenge 1: Swim Faster! |

My Fitness Pal

"She was a woman who had wandered almost by accident into a life she had not quite intended for herself..." --Lawrence Osborne

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird 

of the family Anatidae on our hands." --Douglas Adams

So your husband is Dodo for dough? *snerk* Bread and pasta are just edible utensils. There is nothing wrong with eating spaghetti sauce on its own. In fact, it's even better because then you can eat more!

I love your husband's choice of words "crazy food diet". There are a couple of ways to interpret that: "crazy food diet", meaning meat and veggies are somehow crazy, or "crazy food diet", meaning that a diet that involves food is crazy... I like the second interpretation myself. :D

Haha! Something like that. I <3 him though.

And I think his interpretation is the first one. :P

• Like 1

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Bread and pasta are just edible utensils.

That was the kicker that got me to try paleo, I was looking into it then I read something about bread and pasta's only purpose is to get the good stuff to your mouth... and when I thought about it, I've never sat down and ate JUST a tortilla, or snacked on JUST tortilla chips, never ate a plate of spaghetti with nothing on it... that alone made it 100 times easier to give Paleo a try.

Though I do miss my King's Hawaiian rolls... those are the only things I could sit down and snack on...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Amusing that I read this today.  Two days ago I read an article diagramming how fundamentally flawed the methodology for that experiment was and how the results were manipulated.

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Oh, yeah, I learned about that in college. My mom doesn't listen to me because I don't have a degree in nutrition (even though I have some sort of degree in sports). But she probably wouldn't believe me either, even if she needed something from my study area. Her mentality is "I'm her kid, so I don't have as much experience as her". Fuck logic xD

Oh, nice to meet you :D Well, I try not to let her affect me, but I don't have all the patience in the world. I wish I had. She's the kind of mom that never praises her kids (if they do a good job, it's their duty. If they don't, they are the worst kids ever) and she has been self-pitting after my dad left us. Which is annoying... Always using that argument for everything and she was supposed to be over it now -.-

Actually most research on the workings of the brain and eating disorders show that eating disorders start before a baby is even born. It's mostly a coping mechanism and not so much started by bad diet advise or hearing you're too fat. But surely those things don't help either. Ie if you're not wired for eating disorders it's very unlikely you can develop one.

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical