Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings Fellow Nerds

Greetings!

I technically joined the forums a few months ago, but I was not ready to put myself out there (partly due to overall feeling awkward about forums). Now, I'm ready to move forward and could use the support of the Rebellion to help me along in my journey.

I'm here to work at becoming a more fit, more confident, more awesome version of me. I'm at a reasonable weight for my height, so people have a tendency to completely shoot me down when I say that I am not in good shape. As I'm sure you Rebels know, being in shape is not just about weight. Strength, endurance, and overall health can certainly factor in.

I try to play pickup ultimate frisbee a few times a week, but between the people I have to play with, the (generally) heavily humid air here in Houston, and my exercise induced asthma, those games aren't at the intensity level that I would like them to be at. Sure, I am not at the fitness level I would need to be at to play adeptly in a game of that caliber, but it would help push me to achieve that level. I've recently decided I should stop blaming the situation and start pushing myself. Unfortunately, I struggle with self-motivation and I am *really* good at making excuses and talking myself out of things. While this skill has aided me by preventing impulse purchases, it has not helped me to become the fit person I want to be.

I am still working on setting concrete goals, but for now my plan is to play pickup 2-4 times per week (as availability of other players and ability to leave work in time permits) and on 2-3 of the "off-days" I am setting myself up to do circuits of the Beginner Body Weight Workout. Day 1 was this morning. It whooped my butt, I already feel sore, and this morning my legs felt like jelly. Tomorrow is a day off (it's my birthday and these sore muscles need time), and Thursday I should have a pickup game.

If anyone is in the Houston area (for local accountability) or is elsewhere and wants to work with me for distance accountability, drop me a line!

Hi! Welcome Tin Man's sister!

I have never tried the BBWW but I read up on it, and holy cow. Yeah that looks hard.

I'm good at being a cheerleader/kicking people in the butt to do stuff :D

NF is great. The people here have kept me so involved, engaged, and enthusiastic about fitness. It's easy to stay motivated with this great community around you! :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thanks for the welcomes :)

I have never tried the BBWW but I read up on it, and holy cow. Yeah that looks hard.

The thing I've found about the BBWW is that (personally) it doesn't *sound* particularly hard (I mean it even has beginner in the name!) or at least its individual parts don't. But when you combine them, focusing on proper form and execution, and you aren't already packed full of awesome, it will kick your butt. Or leave you feeling like you've been kicked in the butt as the butt and upper legs are BY FAR my most sore areas today. Onwards and upwards - I *WILL* show this "beginner" workout who is boss! (Eventually)

Archived