Forums are back in action! ×

Vid'yeah Games

iOS: Final Fantasy Tactics!  I was so psyched when they released this as an iOS app, and it works pretty well on the iPad.  I loved this game so much on PS1, and it's awesome that now I can fire it up anytime I want.

Any changes? the original is tied for my favorite game ever.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Play Bioshock Infinite!!

I think I'm sold!  If for no other reason than to finally stop having to avoid spoilers.  Maybe I'll pop it in right now...

As I understand it, it's technically an iOS port of War of the Lions, which was the PSP remake of FFT.  They've upgraded the sprites to HD, and there are some animated cutscenes with voice acting that were not in the original (but I think were in the PSP version).  Otherwise, it's identical, and awesome.  Currently building up my unstoppable monk/geomancer/ninja Ramza.

What's the other game tied for your favorite?

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

FF7.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

FF7.

I remember we had a whole conversation about this at the SSS. Tempted to go home and break out my PS1 copy of Tactics.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Picked up The Last of Us for the PS3 last Friday. Gone through eleven hours of the game so far with a completion rate of 82%.

The game is incredible and the most intense game I've played this year, but I'll quickly go through some of the faults first:

There's a fatal bug in the game a lot of players (and myself) have experienced. Sometimes when you start a new game, the game will not let you save your progress or auto save. I played for five hours straight without realising this, then upon turning the game off I had to start all over again... luckily upon my new save, it started to work properly.

Sometimes the suspension of disbelief is disrupted because your A.I partners are technically "invisible" to the enemy, as long as you haven't been spotted. If you haven't been spotted, enemies will walk right past your partners. It looks weird as hell, but at the same time it honestly makes sense, gaming-issue wise. Sometimes though, your damn A.I partners block the path, which is a problem when you're being attacked.

Other than that, the game is incredible. For a PS3 game the graphics are awesome, the combat is absolutely brutally disturbing and realistic and the gunplay and cover system works very well. The infected and "clickers" are very threatening and freaky as hell. Crafting items is cool, minimal ammo plus an awesome stealth mechanic make this game better "survival horror" than Resident Evil.

Oh... and I'm also playing Pokémon: Black and White 2 (Black version) again on my 3Ds. :P

On the Xbox 360, I am currently playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Forza Horizon.  

On the PC, I loaded up Team Fortress 2 the other night and I might jump into Counter Strike again.  I bought CS when it first came out and I only played it once.

Doug

In search of the ever elusive side thrust kick....

Student of Karate and Iaido

On the Xbox 360, I am currently playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Forza Horizon.  

On the PC, I loaded up Team Fortress 2 the other night and I might jump into Counter Strike again.  I bought CS when it first came out and I only played it once.

BE WARY. The CS crowd are the hardest of the hardcore. I tried getting into it a couple of years ago and I just quit out of sheer frustration. It was all headshot, headshot, headshot, headshot and I don't think I stayed alive longer than a minute and a half at a time. There are lots of fun variants and mods for it, but even those are populated by gamers who have been eating, breathing, and crapping this game ever since day one. Nice people who are very friendly, for the most part, and there are many clans out there who love to take in new players and show them the ropes, but yeah; still, hardcore all the way.

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR [5] DEX [4.25] STA [3] CON [4] WIS [6] CHA [6.25]

Current Challenge

My Introduction

"Blood and sweat washes away pain and fear."

Current Challenge Goals:

Yeah, those CS'rs are nuts.  I have a buddy who was pretty into it for a long time. I tried playing a few times and have never had a KDR like that in my life.

500 / 330 / 625

BE WARY. The CS crowd are the hardest of the hardcore. I tried getting into it a couple of years ago and I just quit out of sheer frustration. It was all headshot, headshot, headshot, headshot and I don't think I stayed alive longer than a minute and a half at a time. There are lots of fun variants and mods for it, but even those are populated by gamers who have been eating, breathing, and crapping this game ever since day one. Nice people who are very friendly, for the most part, and there are many clans out there who love to take in new players and show them the ropes, but yeah; still, hardcore all the way.

I agree.  The headshot after headshot is one of the things that I noticed as soon as I started playing it.

Doug

In search of the ever elusive side thrust kick....

Student of Karate and Iaido

I just finished Bioshock Infinite a couple weeks ago. Beautiful games. Blew my mind. Not really playing anything in particular at the moment. Wish I could get the latest Gears of War, but can't quite convince myself to buy it yet. I'm always playing MineCraft and Left 4 Dead 2. Don't think I'll ever be done with those game, I could play them forever. The Last of Us look ah-maz-ing, really wishing I had a PS3 at this point. I don't have a PC, but I'm working on building my first one :D 

Level 1 Half Elf Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

“Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.

Try to be better than yourself.â€

I just finished Bioshock Infinite a couple weeks ago. Beautiful games. Blew my mind. 

At the urging of others here, I just started it last week.  There was so much hype that I was expecting some level of disappointment, but it's been awesome so far.  Still desperately trying to avoid spoilers, but I think I may be getting closer to the big mind-blowing moment...

- Dead Like Me

At the urging of others here, I just started it last week.  There was so much hype that I was expecting some level of disappointment, but it's been awesome so far.  Still desperately trying to avoid spoilers, but I think I may be getting closer to the big mind-blowing moment...

I can honestly say that the big mind-blowing moment doesn't occur (at least, for me it didn't) until the very, very, very, very, very end of the game. The credits had been rolling for 30 seconds and I was still wiping the drool off my chin from shock. It was such an awesome twist, that I immediately restarted the game in the next hardest difficulty level so I could play it again, knowing how it ends. Unlike the first BioShock, where some game-play follows after the big reveal, this game gives you the big reveal, just in time for the game to end. It's EPIC. Also, avoid all spoilers at all costs, it will be worth it!

"if unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'"  - Marcus Aurelius

"[...] and having made the attempt, you must succeed in it. 'Must' is the word." - Abraham Lincoln

I seriously don't know how I avoid spoilers. It made it so worth it not to know any spoilers. I went into the game knowing basically nothing, and it made it so great! Once I finished the game I wanted to talk to everyone about it that had also played it. Also, there is a scene after the credits, so don't miss that!

Level 1 Half Elf Ranger

“Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.

I'm behind on my to play list.

Currently replaying Skyrim for the heck of it and lack of anything else to play (being stingy with money).

Last finished was ME3.

My "looking forward" to list is basically my "catch up" list: Bioshock: Infinite, Halo 4, Dishonored, and........

LVL 3: Human Assassin

STR: 7.75 | DEX: 5 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4  | CHA: 2

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1, 2

I really want to get this game. Looks so good!

Its awsome, finished it last sunday (16.06). The charakters are really likeable because you understand why they do stuff. Good thing was I don´t spoiler me before playing it so everything was new to me. For me it´s the best non rpg game I´ve ever play (or played?), with the best ending ever!

BANNED! YOU SHALL NOT POST!!!

Just kidding.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

500 / 330 / 625

Also, avoid all spoilers at all costs, it will be worth it!

I seriously don't know how I avoid spoilers. It made it so worth it not to know any spoilers.

I know you guys wouldn't do it, but I scrolled so slowly through those to make sure you didn't accidentally reveal anything.  Whew.  I'll be sure to freak out via private message once I finish it.

- Dead Like Me

I really want to get this game. Looks so good!

It does! I've heard so many good things about it. I've watched some gameplay videos of it(even though I shouldn't because spoilers) and I am so jealous of everyone that has it!

Level 1 Half Elf Ranger

Would you assholes* guys stop talking about Bioshock?!?!  I just bought Defiance and I'm enjoying it, I can't be seduced into further game buying!!

* - If it isn't apparent, me calling anyone and everyone an asshole was in jest.  If you were offended by it...well, I'm sorry I suppose.

Dude, the awesomeness of your beard mandates my letting you (correctly) refer to me as an asshole. No sweat.

Also, PUT DEFIANCE DOWN AND GET YOU SOME BIOSHOCK INFINITE!!!!  Says the guy who hasn't played Defiance yet....

"if unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'"  - Marcus Aurelius

"[...] and having made the attempt, you must succeed in it. 'Must' is the word." - Abraham Lincoln

Defiance is a super time sink. My addictive personality has me knowing I'll be playing it for most of the rest of the year trying to max out my ego score. I'll probably take a break and do Bioshock at some point.

500 / 330 / 625

The wife and I have been playing Guild Wars 2 like mad. Our first day, we played for 7 hours. We started playing at 9:00 PM and at 4:00 AM we were like, "Ya know, maybe we should pretend to get some sleep at least."

I'm going to be putting BioShock Infinite and The Last of Us on my wishlist for birthday and Christmas. My family always wants gift ideas, so I'm buying less games and banking more gift requests.

Since I work for a public school, I've got a nice two month break. I plan to get caught on my gaming and reading. Right now, I'm working on GW2, Skyrim, System Shock 2 and Crysis 2 (plus the million other games I duck in and out of all the time). Also on deck is Uncharted 2 and 3, Brutal Legend (yeah, never played it despite absolutely loving the concept), and Saints Row The Third.

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR [5] DEX [4.25] STA [3] CON [4] WIS [6] CHA [6.25]

Current Challenge

My Introduction

"Blood and sweat washes away pain and fear."

Current Challenge Goals:

Lets see.... I kind of have gaming ADD.

I'm playing Skyrim (fun, if a little serious with the way I play), Fable III (free to download, and I figure it's a bit more light hearted), and I bought a WiiU a few weeks back and finally have started playing ZombiU, which is enjoyable and scaring the crap out of me.

Though I'm so looking forward to the new Zelda on the 3DS, and when Smash finally comes out.  And pretty much everything showcased for the PS4.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School